October 19, 2018, 01:31:35 PM

Author Topic: Which 3 teams can we finish above?  (Read 3371 times)

November 27, 2017, 01:50:19 AM
Reply #15

Cereal Killer

Swansea
West Brom
Shite

November 27, 2017, 01:51:59 AM
Reply #16

montanatoffeefan

Not who are we better than, as right now it's nobody. This is probably the list of relegation candidates:

Huddersfield
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Stoke
Everton
West Brom
West Ham
Swansea
Crystal Palace

Of that sorry lot, I like our chances best of finishing above Everton, which is dire, drizzling shite right now.

It may be scientifically impossible, but still our best chance.
Everton forever.

November 27, 2017, 02:20:29 AM
Reply #17

bluenuck

The four teams below us must be?

We'll have a new manager soon and for better or worse, things will change.

Depending on which direction we go (Silva/Dyche/Howe/Allardyce) then its impossible (and pointless) to discuss which teams are worse than us at the moment.

Palace are not worse than us imo.

They have a structure and a game plan in place with players who can play it which will get them points.

November 27, 2017, 02:24:51 AM
Reply #18

Shogun

Administrator

They have a structure and a game plan in place with players who can play it which will get them points.

And their fortunes have improved since changing manager.

Hence why this sort of thread is pointless before we appoint our own.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 27, 2017, 02:26:58 AM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, they look like a team at least with some sort of identity. They looked better against us and I've seen them a few other times this season where they were pretty unlucky not to get more from the game. Not that they don't have issues, they also have a problem scoring with consistency which is why they're down there.

Bournemouth, Huddersfield and West Ham look like they are at least a team/have an identity even though I expect them to be bottom half and be in the mix.

November 27, 2017, 02:34:44 AM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
And their fortunes have improved since changing manager.

Hence why this sort of thread is pointless before we appoint our own.

Whoever we appoint, we're going to be in a relegation fight this season as anyone in the bottom half will be involved. You don't go through a third of the campaign with the amount of points we have and not be in one.

November 27, 2017, 02:37:30 AM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Whoever we appoint, we're going to be in a relegation fight this season as anyone in the bottom half will be involved. You don't go through a third of the campaign with the amount of points we have and not be in one.

Yes but if you think we should get 1.5 points per game across a season then not many of them should / will get that.

ďIfĒ we pick up of course.

November 27, 2017, 02:39:16 AM
Reply #22

Morta75

Everton
West Bromwich
Swansea
Crystal Palace

November 27, 2017, 02:50:38 AM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

Everton Under 23's
Everton Under 18's

and umm Everton ladies.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 27, 2017, 02:51:45 AM
Reply #24

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yes but if you think we should get 1.5 points per game across a season then not many of them should / will get that.

ďIfĒ we pick up of course.

If we pick up...yeah, I mean I think we have tools at our disposal to get out of this situation.

- We can appoint a manager.
- We can spend money in January.

That gives us options at least that should be better than other teams, which is helped also by the fact that despite how crap we've been the bottom half teams are all pretty crap, all have issues and most are unlikely to go on long runs of form. I mean look how many goals we've leaked and somehow we're not in the bottom three right now at least, and not at all cut adrift.

However, I do not think this is a situation where we turn it around overnight (I think it's going to take a good managerial choice, players returning and 2-3 key signings to shore up the spine of the team to really start moving our fortunes) so I'm assuming we'll be halfway through the season and comfortably bottom half. Possibly even bottom three or thereabouts. So, as a plan B of sorts I was just trying to find solace in teams that also seem kinda broken. As that's how I see us.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:53:06 AM by blueToffee »

November 27, 2017, 02:55:37 AM
Reply #25

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I just donít think that thereís massive improvements in most of the others.

Some, such as promoted teams, have been thought to be doing well etc.

Whereas weíve been an embarrassment yet, as you say still not adrift.

November 27, 2017, 03:06:05 AM
Reply #26

arteta4spain

Being one of the most pessimistic of fans I'm resigned to the fact that there isn't any at the mo.

It's obvious the problem didn't just lie with Koeman, this whole thing is rotten to the core.

The last sentence is exactly what I said either here or to a mate after the game. Thereís something not quite right. The players just arenít performing and even with a change of manager things arenít any different if not worse. As much as we blame Unsworth for his inabilities and heís naivety, the players are absolutely shite and need replacing. Thing is they canít go shite overnight.
Think thereís a problem within the squad? I think as itís falling apart thereís maybe some blame getting banded about and itís causing friction. I know Iím making this up but the players look so demotivated, lacking in passion and fight. Itís like theyíre feeling self entitled to stay up and they think itíll just materialise.
Iím seriously worried about us as I canít see one leader on that pitch. There was a possible leader at St Maryís today but he was in the bench.
Turned off after the second goal went in as I knew the inevitable. As did the players, but theyíre there to change that. Itís a long hard slog to Jan and it canít come quick enough.

November 27, 2017, 03:22:47 AM
Reply #27

gizzblue

Ask after our new manager has had five or six games ...till then its all a mirage .

November 27, 2017, 03:45:53 AM
Reply #28

burkey17

I'm 40 odd and I cannot remember how bad it was in 1998 apart from running on the pitch after we got a draw and in 1994 when I blagged my way in with a junior tkt against Wimbledon. It just seems 'worse' ATM.Expectations were high this Season and now like all of us I cannot believe we're having this thread. But like you all it's happening and I do believe there are 3 worse teams then us.... but really there is gross negligence going on ATM. No leadership, no Manager and deffo no team ethic. The Club is shitting on one of own in Unsy.Sort it out now! Our motto is our standard NSNO

November 27, 2017, 04:00:36 AM
Reply #29

Stumpy

At the moment we are without a shadow of doubt the worst team in the league,the softest of soft touches.I would not back us against anybody in the premiership,frankly I think we would struggle against half the championship sides.Confidence is on the floor right throughout the club.We've just under 2/3 of the season left so this fucking shambles needs to be sorted out NOW before it becomes terminal.