July 19, 2018, 01:41:48 AM

Author Topic: If You Were Manager...  (Read 1529 times)

November 27, 2017, 12:00:13 AM
Reply #15

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford
Kenny Jagielka Keane baines
Baningime
Davies Rooney gueye
Sigurdsson
Niasse

All of our wingers are too hit and miss
Sigurdsson, rooney and Davies could inter change

Bolaisie coming back Would offer a change to system 
Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2017, 12:03:07 AM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yep Jim's team with Klaassen, Calvert Lewin, Sandro and Vlasic featuring off the bench unless they show more when they are out there

November 27, 2017, 12:06:05 AM
Reply #17

TheTone

i'd put @Jimmywhack  's avatar bird up front to encourage us to get into more forward positions like

November 27, 2017, 12:12:45 AM
Reply #18

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I'll play along.

Pickford

Kenny     Jags     Keane     Baines

Gueye

Vlasic                Sigurdsson   Lookman
             Rooney

Sandro

Or possibly bring Klaasen in to where Rooney is playing and put Rooney in place of Sandro.

There's not much to work with though.

If they were fit, McCarthy, Bolasie, Coleman and Barkley would all be in the squad.
Even Fumo would get in ahead of Jags I think.

Theyd all be starting at this moment in time.  As would possibly Garbutt.

Pickford
Coleman Keane FunesMori Baines
McCarthy Gueye
Bolasie Barkley Sigurdsson
Niasse

Fuxk knows why i put Robles.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

November 27, 2017, 12:15:13 AM
Reply #19

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Pickford
McCarthy Gueye
Niasse

Ye, If they were fit, that would be my team.
Maybe swap Niasse for Rooney.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 27, 2017, 12:15:38 AM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Pickford
McCarthy Gueye
Niasse

I'd play that side ahead of most we've seen this season.

November 27, 2017, 12:21:07 AM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford

Kenny Keane Jags Baines

Gueye Schneiderlin Sigurdsson

Lennon Niasse Rooney

Instructions for the midfield to sit close to the back four for the majority of the game unless we have very safe possession of the ball.

The front players instructed to look for cheap free kicks to get us easy positional advantages and give the defence some breathers every now and again.

Do this for 6 games with appropriate subs until we’ve reduced goals against to about half what it is now.

November 27, 2017, 12:23:07 AM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford

Kenny Keane Jags Baines

Gueye Schneiderlin Sigurdsson

Lennon Niasse Rooney

Instructions for the midfield to sit close to the back four for the majority of the game unless we have very safe possession of the ball.

The front players instructed to look for cheap free kicks to get us easy positional advantages and give the defence some breathers every now and again.

Do this for 6 games with appropriate subs until we've reduced goals against to about half what it is now.
Schneiderlin last season. Yes
This season? He can fuck off. Such a decline
Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2017, 12:29:03 AM
Reply #23

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Also, this is what annoyed me about the constant shouts for width / pace.

Yes they’re important but they’re not essential.

What is essential is structure, solidity and players knowing what each other is going to do.

We saw for years that you can do well without great width or pace.

Yes you need it some times but that’s only a massive need when you’ve got to the limits of your team without them.

You’re much better off with players who are good footballers (re intelligence) and work hard then players whose physical attributes are the standout bits.

November 27, 2017, 12:29:49 AM
Reply #24

nsno

I'd sit them all down and ask each of them if the want to play for Everton, those who don't can go home, those who do is what I'll work with. Based on the last 6 games I'd probably only have Pickford and Kenny to pick. The place stinks from top to bottom and it needs a major shake up starting with Steve Walsh and kevin mirallas.

Whoever gets the job is going to have a rough few months with a squad that is bereft of confidence, desire and willingness to put any effort in.

I really fear for our premier league future this season. I've watched Everton for a long time and I cant remember feeling so worried about how we'll get out of this mess.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

November 27, 2017, 12:29:52 AM
Reply #25

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin last season. Yes
This season? He can fuck off. Such a decline

Yes but then I’d struggle for most of the rest of them too ;)

November 27, 2017, 12:37:41 AM
Reply #26

The Analog Kid

GLewis and Rhys for next Everton manager(s)

November 27, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
Reply #27

sam of the south

What is essential is structure, solidity and players knowing what each other is going to do.

We saw for years that you can do well without great width or pace.

Yes you need it some times but that’s only a massive need when you’ve got to the limits of your team without them.

You’re much better off with players who are good footballers (re intelligence) and work hard then players whose physical attributes are the standout bits.

Isn't there a case for going for it with width and pace, particularly if you know your defensive personnel are pretty poor?

For instance, City are no great shakes at the back, however they swarm forward with width and pace so that the opposition is invariably occupied for the majority of the game trying to keep out their attacks that the width and pace creates, rather than being able to attack themselves.

So, whilst we struggle for defensive solidity, couldn't we try and give the opposition something to worry about by loading the flanks and going for the throat, rather than being passive and negative, AND being powderpuff at the back and soft in the centre of midfield? 
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 27, 2017, 01:00:05 AM
Reply #28

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

But, at heart, isn't this the real issue? We've completely overhauled the squad in the past 12 months, including your classic "sell your expensive player and buy 10 new players" summer move. This is Premier League football, you can't just create a team more or less completely from scratch, and expect them to immediately gel.

At best that kind of transition to get a team playing well together takes anything from 6-12 months. We've likely extended that timeframe by firing our manager, and all the fans shouting about how the squad needs yet another overhaul in January are completely missing the point. It'll only make the situation worse.

Fact is, we have the players to be competing in the top 6-7 of the league. What we actually need is more stability of manager, tactics, team selection and, above all, time. None of which we're getting.

November 27, 2017, 01:07:29 AM
Reply #29

74Blue

Fact is, we have the players to be competing in the top 6-7 of the league. What we actually need is more stability of manager, tactics, team selection and, above all, time. None of which we're getting.
Which ones? On this season's performances, not one of them is worth a place in a top 6-7 Sunday League side. We simply have to accept that at this moment in time, we are utter shite!