October 19, 2018, 09:41:20 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Huddersfield  (Read 12788 times)

December 01, 2017, 01:43:59 AM
Reply #15

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
My momma says I'm special.

December 01, 2017, 01:58:16 AM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
6 weeks or so puts us mid-January. We should really be looking to sign a left back January 1st. This was a known issue anyway and we're at the point we need someone who is capable of being 1st choice not just back up.

I like Baines, but I don't think he's a big miss anymore. Pace is not the be all and end all of it, but that is one position given the rest of the defence would be an opportunity to add some to the side.

December 01, 2017, 02:19:05 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh how different that result could have been if, instead of missing a penalty and hitting the bar, they had momentum after scoring one of those...

Exactly.

Last night felt good and hopefully we can use that build some momentum but in terms of performance there’s still a long way to go.

Moyes’ West Ham had all of the ball and very nearly scored a number of times. We were the better side over the 90 I think but we got a few bits of fortune and we huffed and puffed it again like Watford, but with more quality on the ball and more structure.

Better but a long way to go.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 01, 2017, 07:34:36 AM
Reply #18

American Evertonian

Baines is meant to be 6 weeker

Still better than Martina.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 01, 2017, 10:16:30 AM
Reply #19

bluenuck

6 weeks or so puts us mid-January. We should really be looking to sign a left back January 1st. This was a known issue anyway and we're at the point we need someone who is capable of being 1st choice not just back up.

I like Baines, but I don't think he's a big miss anymore. Pace is not the be all and end all of it, but that is one position given the rest of the defence would be an opportunity to add some to the side.

Gonna be tough to buy a full time, permanent replacement in January.

Might have to be a stop gap kind of guy. Which kinda sucks.

When's Mori supposed to be back??

December 01, 2017, 10:30:17 AM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

When's Mori supposed to be back??

Next season.

December 01, 2017, 10:33:02 AM
Reply #21

bluenuck

December 01, 2017, 10:45:51 AM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

How do I unlike this post?

Take a shit on your keyboard.

December 01, 2017, 12:26:45 PM
Reply #23

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon Huddersfield is done. They started off with the new team buzz and did ok. But they way out of their depth. Might pick up the odd point at home but hey shouldn't pose any problems for us Saturday.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 01, 2017, 12:36:19 PM
Reply #24

therealdunc

Other than garbage Garbutt, is there anyone else naturally left footed in the team who can play there?

Martina is a big risk who got away with it on Wednesday night because West Ham where tactically clueless.
Why any club would give him time to bring the ball under control and shift it onto his right foot is bizarre? Moyes clearly didn’t do his homework as Martina was a sitting duck to disposes but he was given time on the ball.

There must be someone in the squad naturally left footed who can cover left back?
Blue

December 01, 2017, 01:36:08 PM
Reply #25

GrantyBoy78

Other than garbage Garbutt, is there anyone else naturally left footed in the team who can play there?

Martina is a big risk who got away with it on Wednesday night because West Ham where tactically clueless.
Why any club would give him time to bring the ball under control and shift it onto his right foot is bizarre? Moyes clearly didn't do his homework as Martina was a sitting duck to disposes but he was given time on the ball.

There must be someone in the squad naturally left footed who can cover left back?
I did wonder this. Seems an obvious area for the opposition to try and exploit. Huddersfield have Collin Quaner who usually starts on the bench - he’s a 6’ 3” unit who plays on the right wing. He’s not very good but can see them using him as not only is Martina shite but he’s also a shithouse.

They’re a much better organised, fitter, quicker and bigger team than us - but we’ve got the quality. Gana or Davies to stifle Mooy and Rooney to run the show from deep.

December 01, 2017, 01:39:59 PM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford
Kenny Holgate Williams Martina
Davies Rooney Gueye
Lennon Niasse Sigurdsson
Simply simply lovely

December 01, 2017, 02:09:09 PM
Reply #27

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Left back is a position we are just going to have to battle on with Martina I think

Your other option is to play a midfielder over there. McCarthy when fit would probably do a semi decent job,Besic probably more of a risk but is at least more comfortable on the ball than Cuco

I think Tom Davies might be the actual best option we have for there but centre mid is much more important at the moment and Rooney playing from deep with Gana and Davies doing the legwork looks like the best midfield combination we have stumbled upon all season

It looked like we had clearly made a decision to avoid the ball going over to that flank as much as possible on Wednesday, and when it Did, Rooney and Sigurdsson did seem to help out as much as they could on the defensive side

On the attacking side for Martina, he hasn’t got a left foot so he would rather keep possession and pass it to someone else than risk losing it with a weak left foot cross it seems, which is probably something we are going to have to live with until Jan

As with Big Sam, probably best just getting behind Cuco while he is starting at left back. He is being asked to do so purely out of desperation. He’s a poor player giving it his all. Hopefully a left back is signed in Jan, or Garbutt is registered so that we don’t have this left back problem again
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 01, 2017, 02:43:16 PM
Reply #28

Toddacelli

Just been watching the Rooney goal again.

Fucking 10-0 to us - all hail Big Sam!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 01, 2017, 02:44:34 PM
Reply #29

Bob Sacamano

Garbutt is like 33 and only played like 8 minutes of first team football in his life. I get it, he’s shit. But would it have been the end of the world to register him once we realised we only had 1 actual left back on the books?