January 23, 2018, 06:27:12 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Huddersfield  (Read 7690 times)

December 01, 2017, 03:08:06 PM
Reply #30

therealdunc

Earlier post suggested McCarthy or Besic.

Forgive my memory but do either of them have a decent left foot?

Does mirallas have a left foot? Doesnít have a right one!
Then again, would you trust him to be disciplined and give the work rate at full back?

As much as I donít rate Lennon, you know he would be both disciplined and give the work rate if he was asked to drop into ful back.
With his limited ability going forward, I always thought Lennon would do well to reinvent himself as a full back much like Ashley Young.

Blue

December 01, 2017, 03:32:55 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

Allardyce has never won his first game in charge of a new team.

December 01, 2017, 04:48:03 PM
Reply #32

Alanvideo

Our first Saturday 3pm game for over 2 months .Going to be a proper full house ,only about 100 tickets left on Stubhub.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 01, 2017, 05:14:25 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Garbutt is like 33 and only played like 8 minutes of first team football in his life. I get it, he’s shit. But would it have been the end of the world to register him once we realised we only had 1 actual left back on the books?

This. Could he conceivably be any worse than playing a shit right back at left back. If we've got players like Besic in the squad who are fit but not good enough to get near the first team it seems bonkers to not register your U-23 left back.

December 01, 2017, 05:29:27 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Garbutt is like 33 and only played like 8 minutes of first team football in his life. I get it, heís shit. But would it have been the end of the world to register him once we realised we only had 1 actual left back on the books?

Absolute madness isn't it.

He'll probably go back to being decent after a run of games as well. Now we've just gotta put Martina there and hope we can manage.

Even against West Ham, they targeted him and had a good period of pressure just putting the ball in his general direction.

Would've also have hurt to keep Robinson or Connolly here instead of shipping them on loan?

December 01, 2017, 05:40:26 PM
Reply #35

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
This. Could he conceivably be any worse than playing a shit right back at left back. If we've got players like Besic in the squad who are fit but not good enough to get near the first team it seems bonkers to not register your U-23 left back.

Absolute madness isn't it.

He'll probably go back to being decent after a run of games as well. Now we've just gotta put Martina there and hope we can manage.

Even against West Ham, they targeted him and had a good period of pressure just putting the ball in his general direction.

Would've also have hurt to keep Robinson or Connolly here instead of shipping them on loan?

Seems like a power play from Koeman. ďBest get me a LB because Iím not registering this 25 yr old U23 player and Iím sending these kids out on loan to make sure you get me one. Idgaf.Ē 

December 01, 2017, 05:48:49 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Seems like a power play from Koeman. “Best get me a LB because I’m not registering this 25 yr old U23 player and I’m sending these kids out on loan to make sure you get me one. Idgaf.” 

You might be right, can't think of any other logical reason for the decision. Just another example of why something had to change, clearly DoF and manager weren't on the same page from the off.

December 01, 2017, 08:48:13 PM
Reply #37

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
No Baines but Keane is fit

December 01, 2017, 08:53:03 PM
Reply #38

Macca77

Keane in for Holgate
Holgate in for Martina
Niasse in for DCL

December 01, 2017, 09:04:50 PM
Reply #39

therealdunc

Come to the conclusion DCL would benefit massively from a regular run of games in the championship.

If we can get a striker in Jan, I would send him out on loan. He will come back a far better player.
Blue

December 01, 2017, 09:19:41 PM
Reply #40

gizzblue

DCL will be ten times better ...staying and playing twenty minute cameos and shite cup matches like any kid his age .....without all the pressure .

December 01, 2017, 10:56:18 PM
Reply #41

D15TIN

Keane in for Holgate
Holgate in for Martina
Niasse in for DCL

Wouldn't change it personally, wouldn't have Keane in there

Maybe Niasse back in

December 02, 2017, 12:07:45 AM
Reply #42

Thomas

I dont care what the team is, just PLEASE play with 2 up top. At worst with Rooney dropping off.

442. None of this 1 up front nonsense.

December 02, 2017, 12:08:13 AM
Reply #43

Thomas

Holgate at CB might be a decent idea after the other night.

December 02, 2017, 12:44:38 AM
Reply #44

Shogun

Administrator
Think it'll be...

Pickford
Kenny Jagielka Williams Martina
Schneiderlin
Rooney Gana
Lennon DCL Sigurdsson

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth