January 21, 2018, 12:48:54 PM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Huddersfield  (Read 7555 times)

December 02, 2017, 11:43:51 PM
Reply #375

stirlingblue

What have we done differently today to be solid under Allardyce where we looked so porous under Koeman?

Played Huddersfield?

December 02, 2017, 11:48:13 PM
Reply #376

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
That's got not a lot to do with Allardyce imo, it's Huddersfield being shit
He's had one? Training session

Simply simply lovely

December 02, 2017, 11:55:37 PM
Reply #377

eyesalwaysblue

Huddersfield would have beat us a month ago
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 02, 2017, 11:57:01 PM
Reply #378

ally2

Very pleased all round. Williams seemed to win every single challenge.

December 03, 2017, 12:13:05 AM
Reply #379

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
That's got not a lot to do with Allardyce imo, it's Huddersfield being shit
He's had one? Training session

We did seem more solid and more organised though didnít we

Personally Iím going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say well done Sam

Also keeping the same team clearly helped. Weíve chopped and changed far too much this season
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 03, 2017, 12:13:13 AM
Reply #380

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Huddersfield would have beat us a month ago

Exactly. We played Palace who are much worse, yet struggled against them. I think we're finally clicking and players are actually playing to their abilities. The defence looks so much stronger too.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 03, 2017, 12:16:35 AM
Reply #381

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We did seem more solid and more organised though didn't we

Personally I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say well done Sam

Also keeping the same team clearly helped. We've chopped and changed far too much this season
Not sure how much he can do in one training session but if we are crediting him for this then I can't wait to see what we be like after a few weeks

Playing Gana in a style that suits him and two very poor offensively sides has helped massively

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 12:16:57 AM
Reply #382

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We did seem more solid and more organised though didnít we

Personally Iím going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say well done Sam

Also keeping the same team clearly helped. Weíve chopped and changed far too much this season

Will be interesting to see whether he plays the same team to try and keep momentum going midweek, or whether it'll be a shadow team with sunday looming.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 03, 2017, 12:22:01 AM
Reply #383

KoemansNumberTens

Will be interesting to see whether he plays the same team to try and keep momentum going midweek, or whether it'll be a shadow team with sunday looming.

Should be a shadow team. Partly because we need to see some of the out of favour players and find out if they can be useful and partly because of Sunday. Would be a bit ridiculous if we start with almost the same side

December 03, 2017, 12:22:24 AM
Reply #384

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Really would just use all the fringe players for the European game and keep the starting 11 fresh to avoid a bumming in the Derby
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 03, 2017, 12:23:50 AM
Reply #385

GrantyBoy78

Having Holgate in the team means we can play 10 yards further up the pitch - his pace is a safety net. Doesnít seem like much but it gives us such an advantage, when in possession, compared to recents weeks when we drop deep and invite pressure.

December 03, 2017, 12:25:29 AM
Reply #386

Macca77

Can we not fuck next Sunday off, i mean seriously, never in my life have I dreaded a derby game as much as this one

December 03, 2017, 12:29:36 AM
Reply #387

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Can we not fuck next Sunday off, i mean seriously, never in my life have I dreaded a derby game as much as this one

I'm dreading it less than I was a week ago. But yeah, timing favours them again.

December 03, 2017, 12:32:58 AM
Reply #388

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Impressed with Sam's post match interview. Early days I know, but he at least seems to know what he's talking about. He's slowly turning my head.

December 03, 2017, 12:33:04 AM
Reply #389

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Having Holgate in the team means we can play 10 yards further up the pitch - his pace is a safety net. Doesnít seem like much but it gives us such an advantage, when in possession, compared to recents weeks when we drop deep and invite pressure.

He's been a massive difference to how we approach games.

Just shows how important it is to have a centre half who's comfortable on the ball in there.

With jags and Williams everything comes back to Pickford and the midfield is bypassed.