April 20, 2018, 08:25:34 AM

Poll

If you had to pick one to be our current manager...

Moyes
Martinez
Koeman
Unsworth
Allardyce

Author Topic: If you had to pick one to be our current manager...  (Read 1867 times)

December 01, 2017, 07:55:12 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think you'll find very few managers concede 9 goals in 2 games against mediocre sides.

Put most managers at the beginning of their careers into the same position Unsworth was put in, you'll probably see similar results. Compare apples to apples.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 01, 2017, 08:00:16 PM
Reply #46

BlueBeagle

Put most managers at the beginning of their careers into the same position Unsworth was put in, you'll probably see similar results. Compare apples to apples.

Yet you'd have him stay on... lolol

December 01, 2017, 08:26:23 PM
Reply #47

Bluenose 91

Think it's easy to forget just how shite Martinez really was you know.

See a lot of ''it was bad towards the end'' shouts on here when in reality we were largely terrible under him from the Palace game in 13/14 onwards.

Dread to think where would have finished under him without Lukaku.

December 01, 2017, 09:01:42 PM
Reply #48

therealdunc

My lasting memory of Martinez was Alcarez performance away at Kiev

That and every single press conference rabbiting on about ‘quality’
Blue

December 01, 2017, 09:04:17 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's easy to forget just how shite Martinez really was you know.

See a lot of ''it was bad towards the end'' shouts on here when in reality we were largely terrible under him from the Palace game in 13/14 onwards.

Dread to think where would have finished under him without Lukaku.

Had 28 points after 28 games in 14/15.

That was panic stations after the Stoke away game.

Saved it with 5 wins out of next 6 when he actually realised you need to keep it tight.

Then forgot that and lost 3 out of last 4.

December 01, 2017, 09:14:14 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yet you'd have him stay on... lolol

The question is out of the list above. And I gave reasons. Who did you vote for out of interest?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 01, 2017, 09:16:57 PM
Reply #51

BlueBeagle

The question is out of the list above. And I gave reasons. Who did you vote for out of interest?

Allerdyce by default.

Martinez is an utter pile of shite.
Moyes stock has been in freefall since he left here.
Unsworth isn't up to it by a long shot.
Koeman was obviously the wrong man.

December 01, 2017, 09:51:38 PM
Reply #52

Bluenose 91

Had 28 points after 28 games in 14/15.

That was panic stations after the Stoke away game.

Saved it with 5 wins out of next 6 when he actually realised you need to keep it tight.

Then forgot that and lost 3 out of last 4.

Finishing bottom half two seasons on the spin with a 20 goal a season striker was criminal.

December 01, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
Reply #53

kramer0

Moyes seems to have lost the behind-the-scenes nous that made us so stable when he was here. Tactics are not enough to prop him up.

Martinez didn't care enough about fitness or defensive organization and we weren't that good with the ball either. Plus, I have too many bad memories of him talking about how we played with a "real intensity" in matches where we were beaten to every 50-50 ball.

I can't work out what Koeman wanted us to do this season. We weren't organized off the ball and we had no plan with it. Also, he's a poor man manager.

I can't work out what Unsworth wanted us to do this season. We weren't organized off the ball and we had no plan with it. He's a good guy, though, and he has time to learn.

Allardyce could end up being the the best of the bunch (on current form) just based on knowing what he is and having a well-defined plan -- defensive organization, avoiding cheap turnovers, scoring goals off of individual quality and set pieces. We'll see.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:16:24 PM by kramer0 »

December 01, 2017, 10:34:14 PM
Reply #54

Gash

Global Moderator
Finishing bottom half two seasons on the spin with a 20 goal a season striker was criminal.

Yeah but he won two cup (quarter) finals.

December 02, 2017, 05:16:21 PM
Reply #55

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
1.Allardyce
2.Unsworth
3.Koeman
4.Martinez

5.Moyes

The last one is finished as a manager, he’s a broken man. West Ham have made a massive mistake appointing him. He will be sacked before the season is out with West Ham firmly in the shite

I do feel sorry for him a bit to be honest, apart from the personal riches he’s managed to get because of failure!someone in his family needs to have a word with him and recommend an early retirement cos all that is going to happen is he will become more insane. He should be playing golf and dining at fancy restaurants, stress free

For the record I don’t particularly rate any of them. Hopefully Unsworth will have a good future ahead of him. Obviously I Hope Sam ends our trophy drought as well

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!