September 24, 2018, 12:40:21 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 127766 times)

March 06, 2018, 04:17:11 AM
Reply #2955

Alanvideo

Players have already decided he's toast pal. Not sure what you're seeing.
                                It's a sad, sad situation
                                And it's getting more and more absurd     :badum:
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 06, 2018, 04:27:24 AM
Reply #2956

Evertonian in NC

Looking forward to trying to spot The Ram in Saturday's crowd now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 06, 2018, 04:55:33 AM
Reply #2957

plowman2

No real basis or evidence, but feel Arteta could be a Simione type for us. Intelligent and realistic enough to drag us up the league.
Oops, wrong thread probably, but don't know how to move it!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:57:45 AM by plowman2 »
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

March 06, 2018, 05:31:30 AM
Reply #2958

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
So you think a manager who has awful tactics, statiscally the worst in the league, who then blames the players when it goes wrong and tells everyone it’s all him when we win against garbage like Huddlesfield, will “genuinely play for him as a squad” ?

Stay off the drugs.
Like any high level manager he will be ruthless when he thinks he has to be. So he will end up with 'his team' by the end of the season. Not saying anyone will like it or want it but the point I'm making is he deals with the chaos now and comes up with some sort of order. That saves the next manager a job because whoever came in after RK had to sort a real shit storm. When the next manager is appointed most people on here will say he needs 12 -24 months before he is judged don't lumber the poor bugger with a further 12 months to sort the chaos before he even gets to start building a team.
He was hired as a firefighter, make absolutely no bones about it, do not be under any misconception at all he was hired to make sure we did not go down.
That Is basically what I am saying so let him be the one put the fire out and the next manager then has one less task.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 06, 2018, 06:06:26 AM
Reply #2959

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Like any high level manager he will be ruthless when he thinks he has to be. So he will end up with 'his team' by the end of the season. Not saying anyone will like it or want it but the point I'm making is he deals with the chaos now and comes up with some sort of order. That saves the next manager a job because whoever came in after RK had to sort a real shit storm. When the next manager is appointed most people on here will say he needs 12 -24 months before he is judged don't lumber the poor bugger with a further 12 months to sort the chaos before he even gets to start building a team.That Is basically what I am saying so let him be the one put the fire out and the next manager then has one less task.
He can put that fire out Saturday and then fuck off tho
Id be happy with that
Simply simply lovely

March 06, 2018, 03:23:20 PM
Reply #2960

Bluedylan

Carragher defo still loves us, and is one of the only people who accurately conveys the feelings of the majority of our fans in the national media. I'm actually grateful for his representation and opinions because he completely gets it:

Carragher added that Allardyce comparing Everton to his former clubs Newcastle and West Ham hasn't been received well, and criticised his negative substitutions, as Toffees fans will always want to see their side go for wins.

“It reminds me of Roy Hodgson at Liverpool - it's just not the right fit,” said Carragher. “I think there were two jobs for Sam Allardyce: keep Everton up - they were five points above relegation when he came in - and to show he's more than just a firefighter. Can he be Everton's manager next season and show he's more than just keeping clubs up? At the moment, he's not showing that. The supporters didn't want him as they saw Allardyce as the manager at Sunderland or Crystal Palace - teams fighting down the bottom. Everton see themselves differently, challenging for European places.”

"The reason they're not happy with him is some of the things Allardyce says after games, comparing Everton to Newcastle and West Ham hasn't gone down well. When you are 0-0 away at Watford and you bring Morgan Schneiderlin on, Everton fans at least want to see their team try and win the game. That's been the criticism,” he added.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 06, 2018, 03:32:04 PM
Reply #2961

Macca77

Carraghers spot on again there

March 06, 2018, 03:36:30 PM
Reply #2962

Toffee1

Carragher defo still loves us, and is one of the only people who accurately conveys the feelings of the majority of our fans in the national media. I'm actually grateful for his representation and opinions because he completely gets it:

Apart from the occasional mischievous tweet, he is spot on with his analysis of us.

March 06, 2018, 03:39:02 PM
Reply #2963

Macca77

Apart from the occasional mischievous tweet, he is spot on with his analysis of us.

Hes quite funny on Twitter, always gives as good as he gets. His commentary on sat was spot on as well, "when your in bad form and haven't won for a while play Everton"

March 06, 2018, 03:45:39 PM
Reply #2964

Toffee1

Hes quite funny on Twitter, always gives as good as he gets. His commentary on sat was spot on as well, "when your in bad form and haven't won for a while play Everton"

It is all done in jest and I actually like some of his trolling as some can't see that it is just that, a laugh and take it seriously.

I really wish that the Dinosaur goes on the MNF programme, so that Carra and Neville can grill him - won't happen though as Allardyce is living in cloud cuckoo land.

March 06, 2018, 07:04:59 PM
Reply #2965

Macca77

March 06, 2018, 08:32:15 PM
Reply #2966

Cereal Killer

March 07, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
Reply #2967

bacon sarnie

The only ultimatum needs to be 'clear your office out by 5pm'

And therefore put Optimism back in Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

March 07, 2018, 12:26:52 AM
Reply #2968

Heisenberg

We've done nothing but dither since Moshiri came in. Took to long in sacking people and recruiting people. If he's going in summer why not just bite the bullet and get rid now. Even if you think unsworth is shite, the new manager effect is definitely real and I bet there would be statistics to back it up

March 07, 2018, 01:49:30 AM
Reply #2969

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We've done nothing but dither since Moshiri came in. Took to long in sacking people and recruiting people. If he's going in summer why not just bite the bullet and get rid now. Even if you think unsworth is shite, the new manager effect is definitely real and I bet there would be statistics to back it up

Still too much danger tbh.

Get mathematically safe, then Luca Brasi him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.