October 20, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 131151 times)

January 07, 2018, 06:56:38 AM
Reply #855

gizzblue

Supposing you gave Guardiola Niasse, Dom and Sandro how many do you reckon they would score between them in the second half of the season?
An ass full ....de Bruyne and Silva could assist anyone.

January 07, 2018, 07:04:56 AM
Reply #856

eyesalwaysblue

Sams a changed man...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 07, 2018, 07:17:00 AM
Reply #857

Jamokachi

Might as well pay him off and get rid now ...we're not going down (we never were)were not breaking top six  (we never were).. give someone a go who knows how to attack as well as be defensive .

The issue being, there is a serious lack of options available right now. Hence we're in the position we are. We're best off waiting until the summer.

January 07, 2018, 11:04:01 AM
Reply #858

Trublue

Anyone who is critical of Jags and Baines for their service to our club, just don't know what they are talking about. Yes they aren't as good as they used to be. Guess what age catches up with us all. They can still do a job, as Jags proved Friday night. Yes they need replacing but with respect, that shows the service they provided. Like Hibbert and Osman should of got.

January 07, 2018, 06:35:04 PM
Reply #859

Thomas

The issue being, there is a serious lack of options available right now. Hence we're in the position we are. We're best off waiting until the summer.
Considering he is making HIS signings like Tonsun and packing the backroom staff with his people, I dont think he is off yet. What was basically hoped to be a kind of Joe Royle style appointment of guile mixed with flair and decent positions in the table, has turned into something out of the Walter Smith era. (Especially 98/99 or 2000/01 where we splashed cash and nearly went down)

January 07, 2018, 08:06:06 PM
Reply #860

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
He may have lifted us out of the relegation mire, conceded fewer goals in 11 games than we conceded in the 2 games before he came, got us into the top half of the table , increased the goals scored and started signing foreign forwards but you have to balance that against the hard fact that he will have been here 6 weeks come Tuesday and he needs to appreciate that fans won't wait forever to get into the top 4
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 07, 2018, 09:38:38 PM
Reply #861

toshyboy

Ridiculous that people are calling for his head. Proper joke. Weíre in jan so heís got a window to address the squad, and the backlog of games has gone so heís got time to train the players and get his methods across more so given weíre out the cup. If nothings changed by mid March then I can understand the shouts, but right now its ridiculous

January 07, 2018, 09:42:35 PM
Reply #862

everton1952

He may have lifted us out of the relegation mire, conceded fewer goals in 11 games than we conceded in the 2 games before he came, got us into the top half of the table , increased the goals scored and started signing foreign forwards but you have to balance that against the hard fact that he will have been here 6 weeks come Tuesday and he needs to appreciate that fans won't wait forever to get into the top 4
Can I have some of what you are on?  For ever is a long long time, but to bring it down to measurable numbers, I doubt that any Everton fans seriously think we will get into the top 4, this side of 10 years from now. It took Spurs  10 years to arrive and we have not yet even started to build a side capable of that. Of our 25 squad players none are good enough to play in a top 4 side. Sam's ambition must be limited to a return to best of the rest i.e. 7th. Keep dreaming though pal.

January 07, 2018, 09:51:42 PM
Reply #863

eugene

So what did the Romans ever do for us!

January 07, 2018, 09:57:03 PM
Reply #864

eyesalwaysblue

Can I have some of what you are on?  For ever is a long long time, but to bring it down to measurable numbers, I doubt that any Everton fans seriously think we will get into the top 4, this side of 10 years from now. It took Spurs  10 years to arrive and we have not yet even started to build a side capable of that. Of our 25 squad players none are good enough to play in a top 4 side. Sam's ambition must be limited to a return to best of the rest i.e. 7th. Keep dreaming though pal.
Maybe Irony? just a thought..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 07, 2018, 10:05:16 PM
Reply #865

eugene

Shropshire I donít get what you are on about, we could be well fucked by now ,imagine if it continued under our beloved rhino and yes love him ,there was no guvnor to stamp the foot..... I think Sam is doing a sterling job with what he has AND has steadied the ship wait till we move mate Iíll get my ST next to you and you can get the ale for the season COYMB

January 07, 2018, 10:16:46 PM
Reply #866

Ross

Shropshire I donít get what you are on about, we could be well fucked by now ,imagine if it continued under our beloved rhino and yes love him ,there was no guvnor to stamp the foot..... I think Sam is doing a sterling job with what he has AND has steadied the ship wait till we move mate Iíll get my ST next to you and you can get the ale for the season COYMB

Allardyce keeping us in the league till we move in to our new stadium? Now where have a I heard that before...
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 07, 2018, 10:33:08 PM
Reply #867

JordanianEmbassy

He was joking mate

January 07, 2018, 10:36:19 PM
Reply #868

eugene

Allardyce keeping us in the league till we move in to our new stadium? Now where have a I heard that before...
Itís how it is fella 18 month contract we do well and sit down and talk,,,,,, itís business

January 08, 2018, 12:29:37 AM
Reply #869

gizzblue

I've got a few bob on him being gone before Sept 👍.