October 14, 2019, 11:04:27 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 167452 times)

January 20, 2018, 11:31:18 PM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think I've sussed out what all Allardyce's hangers on do on their 'sports science' laptops.

I see heís fucked off the earpiece.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2018, 11:34:09 PM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A tad melodramatic, if you don't mind me saying.

Oh Iíve got that in me definitely.

Just think when you look at us since basically Moyes left, the business ha been poor, the results have been chequered leaning towards poor.

In the next couple of years we need to replace :

Jags
Williams
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Rooney
Sigurdsson
Bolassie
Theo

If we keep buying and hiring poorly, I donít see where the upswing will be.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2018, 11:44:03 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I really don't get people who say not been good in transfer market since Moyes. Martinez had a much better transfer record, less money to spend, more profit and better players.

I’d want to see them all written down but tbh almost all signs of his reign have been written out the side now so doesn’t really matter.

January 22, 2018, 01:00:58 AM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thereís always people pro and anti things though.

The fume has been worse this year as we actually spent some money.

I reckon Iíd be even worse bad we not spent any money in the summer, I think Iíd be like apoplectic if that was the case.

January 23, 2018, 01:20:33 AM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít know if itís the choice of words but didnít Sigurdsson cover huge distances last season?

Heís always running here.

So unless he means he doesnít want two slow players in attack, then I donít know.

I read it as speed and itís just his word choice. Cover ground = quick over the ground or something similar but maybe doesnít sound as bad? Maybe he was thinking of that and said covering to soften the blow a bit.

January 23, 2018, 01:39:55 AM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
if you have to have one in the ten, would you bin Rooney and plan for the future (a bit sort of)? Or bin sigurdsson on the fact that he is having a bit of a bilyaletdinov but with more tackles and Rooney has largely out-contributed him..

January 23, 2018, 04:42:21 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Does seem to an answer for everything but no solutions..

January 23, 2018, 10:30:35 PM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Surely surely surely heís had shitter at his disposal and managed results.

Suppose the problem could be we donít just demand results we demand performances.

January 24, 2018, 02:11:03 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Admit it - he's here and not going anywhere for a while. Continue to hate him. Remain pessimistic  about the future.
Then think about it, you've nothing to lose, so you might as well wait. Then you'll be able to judge him at the end of the season and be proved right.
Considerably less stress that way.

Unless he surprises us all, goes on to win things and life becomes totally unbearable to the point we keep him and we have to boycott going to see us in the CL final to finally convince the owners how bad he really is.☺

You seem to have transported back to mid December.

January 27, 2018, 04:50:48 AM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman and Allardyce aren't great managers but they're not bad either. I think our main issue is that it's really hard to put a coherent eleven together with the squad we have.

Koeman and Allardyce (and Walsh) probably deserve more blame for targeting the wrong the types of players than for match-to-match tactics. We keep buying "goal scorers" (Klaassen, Sandro, Rooney, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Walcott) with little thought given to where they're getting the ball from. Put a good midfield passer and good attacking full backs in the team and I bet we look alright.

Mans need a xgchain merchant yaknow.

In all honesty - not sure style is the issue. Teams can play defensive, counter attacking or generally solid with well timed pressing tactics and not be quite so ugly AND ineffective as we are.

Look at United, Chelsea, Atletico or even fucking Leicester...They don’t play beautiful futbol, but it’s effective and it’s often overpowering and it provides lots of decisive moments (@glewis) and that matters a lot.

Unfortunately, as @si says, people will put up with ugly togger as long as you get results, but ugly, ineffective togger is an absolute soul sapper.

It’s not the style, it’s how effective we are at the style. Despite having the most deep block long ball set piece territory up the pitch in the mixer on me ead manager in the fucking game - we can’t get near the opposition and we can’t get on the ball and we can’t make a chance and we can’t keep the ball out our own fucking net for two minutes.

January 27, 2018, 05:39:16 AM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone knows players have the upper hand. Whether they play or not they are multi millionaires. What if EFC have a number of players who do not give a shite, those who are regularly criticised on here for example. These are players on bigger contracts than they would ever get anywhere else given their abilities. How does Allardyce or any manager get them to try harder if they are already in the team, or to get into it if they aren't? What if nobody these days bangs on the manager's door  asking to play and promising to give 100%? They have no incentive to do so, at least not until near their contract runs out. This fit of gloom is the result of a couple of hours talking with Everton fans in the alehouse. They are convinced that we have lumbered ourselves with a load of players going nowhere but very well paid for doing it. A big stick won't work, so what will?

Well, why doesnít every club that gives players big wages have that problem?

And if that is our problem - what is the root of that problem?

January 30, 2018, 03:00:25 AM
Reply #56

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think a lot of it is just venting tbh, Iím as bad as anyone, especially after we get beat.

Itís not hard to remember that weíve had exactly the same problems under three managers now. Weíre just shite.

January 31, 2018, 04:30:57 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah think weíre deffo just biting the pillow til the summer. Just wish we could pick up a few more wins to tide us over and stay top 10.

January 31, 2018, 06:40:53 PM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester - H
Arsenal - A
Palace - H
Watford - A

Even the fixture list is laughing at us H A H A

Can easily see us getting 0 points there

January 31, 2018, 08:03:33 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
On the back of 3 points from last 6 league games thatís be 3/10 so an absolutely catastrophic run of form.

Itís always hard to see points when youíve been rubbish though.

Worse than shearer at Newcastle when he sent them down.