April 23, 2018, 04:57:51 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 104321 times)

December 04, 2017, 05:00:07 PM
Reply #135

Rodenplav64

Football fans are strange. From threatening of self-harm  to sheer love in a few days. Will they return to the hatred towards the "corrupt fat headed twat" after we get battered at Anfield?

I was one of the minority who were glad of his appointment but he's done shit all to prove us right or wrong so far.  And how could he?

Whatever he achieves at Everton he will never achieve a small head .

December 04, 2017, 05:13:28 PM
Reply #136

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Whatever he achieves at Everton he will never achieve a small head .

And you will most likely never achieve a good post.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 04, 2017, 05:54:00 PM
Reply #137

Rodenplav64

And you will most likely never achieve a good post.

Bless you my son .
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:55:09 PM by Rodenplav64 »

December 05, 2017, 02:52:55 PM
Reply #138

MrWhite

There's definitely something about seeing someone in Everton gear, sat in the dugout at Goodison that changes things.

I'm not a fan of his, as people know, but I can already feel that changing and softening. Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably yes, but there we are.
Strange how corruption issues have suddenly stopped being mentioned. Well, we’re stuck with him now, best keep that quiet.. 🤭

December 05, 2017, 03:03:37 PM
Reply #139

Lxxx

Talking to a few blues over the past week and it almost seems as if there is a feeling that Evertonians can't wait for the next manager to come in, which is weird as he's only just got here and everyone should be getting behind him, but it doesn't feel that way. Obviously no-one wants him to not do well as that would be counter intuitive but I personally think the club has panicked with this appointment and not read the situation at all well.

December 05, 2017, 03:09:12 PM
Reply #140

JordanianEmbassy

Talking to a few blues over the past week and it almost seems as if there is a feeling that Evertonians can't wait for the next manager to come in, which is weird as he's only just got here and everyone should be getting behind him, but it doesn't feel that way. Obviously no-one wants him to not do well as that would be counter intuitive but I personally think the club has panicked with this appointment and not read the situation at all well.

No-one I've spoken to has got that attitude! (actually apart from one, and I haven't spoken to him, just got a few texts off him)

December 05, 2017, 03:14:01 PM
Reply #141

Bluedylan

Strange how corruption issues have suddenly stopped being mentioned. Well, we’re stuck with him now, best keep that quiet.. 🤭

I've not mentioned corruption personally. My chief concern is the club and the football side, and it wasn't what I wanted at all, but he's there now, I'm clearly going to get behind the team fully, and I'll try to assess Allardyce on the evidence of what he does rather than my preconceptions.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 05, 2017, 03:16:30 PM
Reply #142

Lxxx

No-one I've spoken to has got that attitude! (actually apart from one, and I haven't spoken to him, just got a few texts off him)

I've maybe phrased that incorrectly. It's more the excitement about the new Everton 'project' is on hold while we navigate the next 18 months and get back on track because let's face it, the appointment is a holding position.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:31:09 PM by Lxxx »

December 05, 2017, 04:17:09 PM
Reply #143

JordanianEmbassy

I've maybe phrased that incorrectly. It's more the excitement about the new Everton 'project' is on hold while we navigate the next 18 months and get back on track because let's face it, the appointment is a holding position.

A holding position might be the intention, but I honestly think it might work out alot better than that. Hard to speculate at this moment of course, we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, was nice not watching a complete mess on Saturday.

December 05, 2017, 04:22:38 PM
Reply #144

MrWhite

I've not mentioned corruption personally. My chief concern is the club and the football side, and it wasn't what I wanted at all, but he's there now, I'm clearly going to get behind the team fully, and I'll try to assess Allardyce on the evidence of what he does rather than my preconceptions.

I was more pointing out that while you are changing your tune, you are acknowledging that you are doing so (and even called yourself a hypocrite  ;D) whereas many people were talking about the type of person Big Sam is before the actual appointment, and now no-one appears to be talking about that. Was more a comment on social behaviour that a discussion of your well documented opinions.  :)

December 05, 2017, 04:26:51 PM
Reply #145

Lxxx

A holding position might be the intention, but I honestly think it might work out alot better than that. Hard to speculate at this moment of course, we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, was nice not watching a complete mess on Saturday.

I think he'll get us back up to parity, which is a stable 7th.

December 05, 2017, 09:26:00 PM
Reply #147

Danny

I think he's suffered with the reputation he gained from how Bolton used to beat Arsenal in particular, but also how they'd set up against the top teams.

He had that side playing some seriously good football against the teams worse than them in the league spending really small amounts of money, he then went to Newcastle and didn't really receive money to buy players and was sacked when they were about 1 point of 10th which is where Newcastle should have been finishing at that point in time and has then been a fireman since.

December 05, 2017, 09:39:28 PM
Reply #148

Mayor Farnum

I hope if he improves us in the next eighteen months to the point where we are best of the rest again he is given more time and money to see if he can take us further.

December 05, 2017, 09:41:20 PM
Reply #149

KoemansNumberTens

I hope if he improves us in the next eighteen months to the point where we are best of the rest again he is given more time and money to see if he can take us further.

Me too. Hope we don't just look to get silva in at the end of the season if allardyce is doing okay. We've hired him. He deserves a proper shot at it