April 22, 2018, 02:32:20 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 104041 times)

December 15, 2017, 02:39:34 PM
Reply #390

Toddacelli

..............we play them last day of the season .WHU should be safe by then given their current form. Hoping Palace ,Stoke and Newcastle go down.

This.
But swap Palace for West Ham. Can't stand them.
And with Newcastle relegated twice if at all possible.
They're even worse.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 15, 2017, 03:34:15 PM
Reply #391

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 15, 2017, 03:40:57 PM
Reply #392

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Must be fucking pinching himself. Easiest job of his career I think.

So easy that neither Koeman nor Unsworth could fix it ?

December 15, 2017, 03:45:41 PM
Reply #393

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Didn't Unsworth snot West Ham 4-0? Cant be giving allardyce any credit, he was in for less than 24 hours at that point.
It took a bit of time to get rid of the rot, but this run of form is on the back of Unsworth actually getting a grip.

December 15, 2017, 03:55:13 PM
Reply #394

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

What’s easy for one may not be easy for another
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 15, 2017, 03:57:08 PM
Reply #395

KoemansNumberTens

Didn't Unsworth snot West Ham 4-0? Cant be giving allardyce any credit, he was in for less than 24 hours at that point.
It took a bit of time to get rid of the rot, but this run of form is on the back of Unsworth actually getting a grip.

He did but for 20 minutes after half time we were inept as we ever were. If that pen had gone in we were in serious trouble. We've only looked decent defensively since then

December 15, 2017, 04:01:40 PM
Reply #396

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
He did but for 20 minutes after half time we were inept as we ever were. If that pen had gone in we were in serious trouble. We've only looked decent defensively since then

I don't think we've had 90 minutes of us controlling the game since either have we?
Or 45 minutes in one go for that matter?
We still look shakey, we still haven't improved over 90 minutes much from that West Ham game.

I genuinely think Unsworth is getting a bit to little credit & allardyce a little bit too much credit to be honest.
The draw at Anfield aside, i reckon Unsworth would have got the same results Allardyce has.

but we would have got snotted at Anfield, for that alone i'm happy with the appointment itself.

December 15, 2017, 04:06:10 PM
Reply #397

KoemansNumberTens

I don't think we've had 90 minutes of us controlling the game since either have we?
Or 45 minutes in one go for that matter?
We still look shakey, we still haven't improved over 90 minutes much from that West Ham game.

I genuinely think Unsworth is getting a bit to little credit & allardyce a little bit too much credit to be honest.
The draw at Anfield aside, i reckon Unsworth would have got the same results Allardyce has.

but we would have got snotted at Anfield, for that alone i'm happy with the appointment itself.

We collapsed against West Ham. A missed pen and a goal from 60 yards calmed our nerves. I know it was only 20 minutes but it was utterly inept. We had about 7% possiession 10 minutes into that half.
I think all the credit for our defensive improvements go to Allardyce.
Think unsworth was extremely lucky in 2 of the results he got and even the 4 nil had some big moments go our way which normally wouldn't

December 15, 2017, 04:11:04 PM
Reply #398

Ross

Isn't it odd that we’ve conceded more shots on goal in two of Allardyces three games in charge so far than we did in that match.

Oh and in every game so far the opposition have had comfortably more possession than us and with a far better pass success than us.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:20:40 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 15, 2017, 04:24:26 PM
Reply #399

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Newcastle hit the woodwork twice. Anything you want to say about the missed West Ham penalty applies there.

There is insufficient improvement over 90 minutes from the west ham game to any subsequent one not to suggest Unsworth was the one that turned the corner "got back to basics" and Allardyce has benefited from it.

I am not for one minute arguing that Unsworth should have been given more time. Allardyce will, 100%, perform better over the rest of the season.
But i just don't like to hear the digs levelled at Unsworth when i think he's the one that actually turned the ship around.

December 15, 2017, 04:29:25 PM
Reply #400

KoemansNumberTens

Newcastle hit the woodwork twice. Anything you want to say about the missed West Ham penalty applies there.

There is insufficient improvement over 90 minutes from the west ham game to any subsequent one not to suggest Unsworth was the one that turned the corner "got back to basics" and Allardyce has benefited from it.

I am not for one minute arguing that Unsworth should have been given more time. Allardyce will, 100%, perform better over the rest of the season.
But i just don't like to hear the digs levelled at Unsworth when i think he's the one that actually turned the ship around.

Disagree. 2 brilliant long range shots. Them 20 minutes against West Ham was as bad as anything we saw against Southampton or Arsenal.

When West Ham take that pen they are 1to3 to score. When Newcastle line up then long shots they are many 20to1 to score. When Rooney takes aim he's maybe 50s from is own half

Watford keeper getting injured played a massive part as did their missed penalty. Palace played us off the park too

I like unsworth I voted for him as our new manager in the poll. He was pretty useless despite us getting some decent results. Sorry but he gets little credit from me for our upturn defensively

December 15, 2017, 04:32:45 PM
Reply #401

Jamokachi

yea, i'ma fan of Unsworth but I'm not sure any of this solidity we're seeing in defence has anything to do with him

December 15, 2017, 04:33:50 PM
Reply #402

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce was in charge for that West Ham game.

While we all say it was unsworth, Sam has picked that team and the tactics.

December 15, 2017, 04:37:24 PM
Reply #403

Bluedylan

I was against Allardyce but he's clearly improved the defence.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 15, 2017, 04:44:44 PM
Reply #404

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

I honestly don't believe anyone has taken a dig at Unsworth, quite the opposite, he stepped in again and gave 110% I have the utmost respect for him as a dyed in the wool blue who handled himself with great dignity during his caretaker spell and I have no doubt that one day he will make a great manager but he isn't the finished product for the Premier League and we would have got "snotted" at Anfield if he had still been in charge.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:45:47 PM by Escla »