December 15, 2018, 10:04:45 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 137516 times)

December 04, 2017, 03:46:41 PM
Read 137516 times

Lazarou

There's definitely something about seeing someone in Everton gear, sat in the dugout at Goodison that changes things.

I'm not a fan of his, as people know, but I can already feel that changing and softening. Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably yes, but there we are.

Just makes you a Everton fan doesn't it?
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

December 04, 2017, 04:24:34 PM
Reply #1

Lazarou

He is was never my first choice, but you can't help but admire his professionalism and methodical approach to the job. He leaves no stone unturned when it comes to maximising performance.

It's good to see.

December 14, 2017, 03:40:19 AM
Reply #2

Lazarou

I old you this Big Sam feller was special!

Onwards and upwards

Special might be stretching it a bit. But you can't argue with the results so far.

December 14, 2017, 02:17:57 PM
Reply #3

Lazarou

Just watched his interview for EvertonTV . Asked about how pleased is he with Mason Holgate and he says "Very pleased apart from the fact he's too good looking to be a centre half." I'm warming to him

Thought Holgate was quality tonight, quality footballer still so young for a centre half in premier league as well.

December 14, 2017, 03:48:30 PM
Reply #4

Lazarou

I suspect he does micromanage the basics though. He definitely prefers percentage football. I think i remember hearing Kevin Davies talking about he was going to get shouted at for having a low-percentage shot from outside the area, even though he scored. Tongue in cheek obviously, but the reason behind the joke was there.

I reckon training at the moment is polar opposite to Martinez. Won't be much ball work (as is evident by our inability to string passes together at the start of games) and will just be drilling them to death.

Hope he isn't doing drills, that is not the FA way these days. We call them practices's now.

December 15, 2017, 05:04:35 PM
Reply #5

Lazarou

Whatís easy for one may not be easy for another

Is that Confucius?

December 19, 2017, 02:26:22 PM
Reply #6

Lazarou

I sat right next to the dig out last night

One major thing I observed

Big Sam doesnít say a lot during a game, he allows the staff team he has built to do a lot of the detail managing of players during the game.

Over 5 different people plus Sam gave instructions to the players during the game.

Sam only shouted instructions when deemed necessary and also shouted at the 4th official!

This is a sign of a strong leader, allows his team to manage and gets involved when he needs to.

Very impressive.

In contract Paul clement didnít stop shouting instructions but this becomes ineffectual as the players familiarise the sound of his voice and start to autopilot ignore it.
In contrast to Sam, when he shouts and itís not often, you bloody well know and listen.

Sign a of a quality manager that, in any profession. Good little insight.

March 02, 2018, 04:38:48 PM
Reply #7

Lazarou

How did it ever come to this, that knobhead in charge.

I am embarrassed and have been since day one that this semi retired dinosaur is our manager.

March 07, 2018, 08:40:40 PM
Reply #8

Lazarou

Hope the players throw him under the bus in that case.

Have to have some ground clearance to get over that fella.