December 12, 2018, 10:47:12 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136946 times)

December 14, 2017, 05:31:48 PM
Read 136946 times

dazfrancis

The move for the goal was yesterday actually quite good, about 15-20 passes out from the back and a couple of nice flicks.

It's definitely risk averse percentage football though.

December 14, 2017, 07:36:19 PM
Reply #1

dazfrancis

It's definitely what we need. Until we get some real quality throughout the team, there's no point trying to play champagne football.

Agreed, I was originally against us appointing him but now I'm on board becuase it's nice going into games knowing our players are giving 100% and are not going to capitulate under the first whiff off opposition of pressure.

It might not be pretty but I'm happy with Pint of White Wine football until we sort ourselves out.

December 15, 2017, 08:28:54 PM
Reply #2

dazfrancis

I know this is the digital age but why is everything so binary?

It has to absolutely all Unsworth's work or absolutely all Allardyce's work.

I kind of feel that the West Ham game was a combination of Unsworth finally finding a decent team selection and shape, the confusion around the manager situation being resolved just before the game and the players understanding they have to perform for the new manager.

I think Allardyce would have figured this out over the course or 3 or 4 games but it basically fell straight into his lap and he has worked and improved it further

February 28, 2018, 06:40:50 PM
Reply #3

dazfrancis

https://twitter.com/gregok/status/968400015335899137

It's a yes from me.

It would be so fucking Everton if we ended up spending the illusive Arteta on money ...

... Arteta  :bonk:

March 05, 2018, 07:36:01 PM
Reply #4

dazfrancis

50/50 on whether to sack him now, and it depends on whether we have an suitable long-term replacement lined up now or in the summer. There is no point sacking him and not having a plan for what to do after. I don't mind Unsworth being the

However, he needs to go in the summer at the latest. He is just a very short term solution to a horrible situation we found ourselves in January.

Our ability to keep the ball has gone backwards since he has arrived and consequently our ability to defend has not improved, if we can't keep the ball we can't relieve pressure on ourselves let alone create chances to score.

He football philosophy is zero-sum. He thinks that you can't be more attacking without compromising your defence and that is utter bollocks.

He is not suited to progressive football that relies on having _some_ possession and creating chances and he has now shown he belongs in the bottom half of the table fighting relegation battles, which he is clearly good at.