May 24, 2018, 05:31:51 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 110561 times)

January 05, 2018, 08:31:20 PM
Reply #825

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think teams had worked us out quite as much as you say. We scored more than United and the same as Southampton who finished 5th and 6th in 2015-16. The problem was 100% with the defensive side of the game. We didn't press well enough, and we lost multiple leads late in games. There was a major issue with the the fitness and then half the players completely gave up, which is when it looked truly shambolic.

Top players like Hibbert, Baines and Jags who have never and will never win a single thing in their lives. No denying he needed to go because our top players decided to stop trying. Some of them are still here. Serial losers.

And your comments about players like Baines and Jags are pretty disgraceful for an Everton fan. Insulting them because they dedicated their careers to our club rather than go off in search of silverware. Maybe you’d respect them more if they’d fucked off like Stones, Rooney or Barkley. Nice. But sure, blame them, not Martinez. I’m sure you’re right.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:32:45 PM by Ell Capitan »

January 05, 2018, 08:54:18 PM
Reply #826

themilkycoffees

How is it a disgrace? Baines was fantastic in his day and could have moved but didn't. Credit to him for being loyal to Everton and maybe he's suffered as a result, as he probably could and should have won trophies. Don't tell me Everton isn't the best that Jagielka could ever have done. Average PL defender at his best, vastly overestimates his ability on the ball.

Both absolutely finished now and have been on a downwards trajectory for a while. Baines only plays backwards and never takes on his man anymore. Jagielka, in particular, is a liability and serial loser. It's a disgrace that he's captain of our football club. He literally jumps out of the way of the cross for Bournemouth's first goal a couple of weeks ago. The first thing that needs to happen in the summer is to say thanks for the service and then get rid.

January 05, 2018, 09:02:56 PM
Reply #827

Lxxx

I don't think anyone is trying to say Martinez can be compared with Guardiola. It is a lot easier to play an expansive possession based system with Barcelona, Bayern and City though. Be interesting to see how Martinez does with Belgium, with genuine quality right across the pitch. I personally think he'll do well.

You do know he's been there a year and a half already?

January 05, 2018, 09:04:25 PM
Reply #828

Lxxx

And your comments about players like Baines and Jags are pretty disgraceful for an Everton fan. Insulting them because they dedicated their careers to our club rather than go off in search of silverware. Maybe you’d respect them more if they’d fucked off like Stones, Rooney or Barkley. Nice. But sure, blame them, not Martinez. I’m sure you’re right.

They're not disgraceful mate, he's an Everton fan too and entitled to his opinion. It's what makes a forum.

January 05, 2018, 09:22:36 PM
Reply #829

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
How is it a disgrace? Baines was fantastic in his day and could have moved but didn't. Credit to him for being loyal to Everton and maybe he's suffered as a result, as he probably could and should have won trophies. Don't tell me Everton isn't the best that Jagielka could ever have done. Average PL defender at his best, vastly overestimates his ability on the ball.

Both absolutely finished now and have been on a downwards trajectory for a while. Baines only plays backwards and never takes on his man anymore. Jagielka, in particular, is a liability and serial loser. It's a disgrace that he's captain of our football club. He literally jumps out of the way of the cross for Bournemouth's first goal a couple of weeks ago. The first thing that needs to happen in the summer is to say thanks for the service and then get rid.

Jagielka was a fantastic defender in his prime, one of the best in the league. Arsenal are well known to have come knocking.

It’s a disgrace calling them serial losers. Fine they’ve both deteriorated, but you’re  not only blaming them for the natural passage of time and injury, rather than the club who failure to replace them or phase them out, but you’re letting their current form cloud your judgement of their entire careers which you are insulting by calling them serial losers.

And @Lxxx it is a forum, anyone can have an opinion, including my opinion that insulting Baines and Jags like that is disgraceful for an Everton fan.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:24:18 PM by Ell Capitan »

January 05, 2018, 09:24:45 PM
Reply #830

themilkycoffees

You do know he's been there a year and a half already?

I do, but hard to judge him on the group they qualified for the WC from. 28 points from 10 games is a good return, but expected. The World Cup will be a better platform to judge I think.

January 05, 2018, 09:25:09 PM
Reply #831

Lxxx

Jagielka was a fantastic defender in his prime, one of the best in the league. Arsenal are well known to have come knocking.

It’s a disgrace calling them serial losers. Fine they’ve both deteriorated, but you’re  not only blaming them for the natural passage of time and injury, rather than the club who failure to replace them or phase them out, but you’re letting their current form cloud your judgement of their entire careers which you are insulting by calling them serial losers.

And @Lxxx it is a forum, anyone can have an opinion, including my opinion that insulting Baines and Jags like that is disgraceful for an Everton fan.

I agree sunshine.

January 05, 2018, 09:27:42 PM
Reply #832

BlueMaquis

If they really cared for us, they'd let us go.

January 05, 2018, 09:28:41 PM
Reply #833

themilkycoffees

I haven't once said it's their fault that they're still in the team. I agreed that Baines was a great player, disagreed on Jags. Still don't know why it's a disgrace? It's my opinion. It's not really current form clouding my judgement either. Baines hasn't been the same since the 2014 WC and Jagielka's best run of form for us was probably way back before the FA Cup final in 2009.

January 05, 2018, 09:50:53 PM
Reply #834

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Can we knock the Guardiola comparisons on the head?

They're both Spanish and that's where the similarities end.

Balding too to be fair.

January 05, 2018, 09:51:16 PM
Reply #835

Tinga

I hope we brought some lube.

January 05, 2018, 10:51:27 PM
Reply #836

therealdunc

I haven't once said it's their fault that they're still in the team. I agreed that Baines was a great player, disagreed on Jags. Still don't know why it's a disgrace? It's my opinion. It's not really current form clouding my judgement either. Baines hasn't been the same since the 2014 WC and Jagielka's best run of form for us was probably way back before the FA Cup final in 2009.

These type of fans who back crap because it wears royal blue are the disease within the club

They hate honest opinion based on facts and reality

They have no real ambition and think all the current squad should be praised

You can’t win with these people

Thankfully they are the minority
Blue

January 06, 2018, 12:01:25 AM
Reply #837

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Going to be loads eating humble pie once Belgium win the World Cup.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 06, 2018, 12:06:01 AM
Reply #838

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Going to be loads eating humble pie once Belgium win the World Cup.

It won't be Martinez though, it'll be the left overs from the previous manager ;)
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 06, 2018, 12:09:11 AM
Reply #839

Ross

Cup competitions are just about luck @Confucius
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.