August 18, 2018, 11:51:11 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 123495 times)

January 06, 2018, 12:11:17 AM
Reply #840

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It won't be Martinez though, it'll be the left overs from the previous manager ;)

Cup competitions are just about luck @Confucius

Too true. Only Everton would have let the World Cup winning manager go within the last few years.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 06, 2018, 12:13:21 AM
Reply #841

everton1952

Getting back to the thread title. I managed to see Sam's press conference thanks to SAN_DRO and I have to say I really like Sam !! Sorry to those who wish he was somewhere else. He inspires confidence in the way he expresses himself, plain speaking, sense of humour.  He may not succeed here but it won't be for want of trying. I await a torrent of abuse for admitting I like him. I don't care.

January 06, 2018, 12:48:32 AM
Reply #842

Bluedylan

Getting back to the thread title. I managed to see Sam's press conference thanks to SAN_DRO and I have to say I really like Sam !! Sorry to those who wish he was somewhere else. He inspires confidence in the way he expresses himself, plain speaking, sense of humour.  He may not succeed here but it won't be for want of trying. I await a torrent of abuse for admitting I like him. I don't care.

You a bit disappointed you didn't get a torrent of abuse?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 06, 2018, 01:00:52 AM
Reply #843

ally2

You a bit disappointed you didn't get a torrent of abuse?

Give it time

January 06, 2018, 11:53:25 PM
Reply #844

Thomas

Last nights loss i put down to SA  being too tactically conservative. Attack is the best form of defence in my eyes. When we conceded was when we where defensive. When ae attacked we didnt and they shit themselves for 5-19mins. Then we levelled and for some reason it went back to status quo.

January 07, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Reply #845

Thomas

Some awful revisionism going on in here.

Martinez was terrible. Our defence wasn't a mess because of the players, it was because of his lack of focus on defence. Which he stated many times. Absurd words to come out a manager's mouth.

Meanwhile the romanticism leads people to think "well defensively we were bad, but going forward we were exciting'. No we fucking weren't. We were shite. Last 18 months watching us was dreadful, we had no effective plan of how to attack, every other manager had figured us out, we literally didn't beat a single team above us in the league the entire time.

This isn't just a fan opinion. Multiple players have come out and said how appaling he was. Pienaar, Hibbert, Baines, Jags etc.  And remember Baines eyerolling? Or Lukakus reaction when he found out about the Belgium job? Martinez had zero respect from all our top players.

I can't emphasise this enough: Martinez was absolutely fucking shite and getting rid of him was one of the best (if far too delayed) decisions I've ever seen the club make.
This. I didnt go his firat season but I went everywhere home and away his last 2. It was horrendous and he lost me when he left Baines to hang out to dry after he made some critical but correct comments about our performances, which as a senior and popular player i felt he was entitled to do so.

January 07, 2018, 01:27:43 AM
Reply #846

everton1952

I do not anticipate abuse from the very reasonable, sensible, knowledgeable, fair minded, balanced members of this excellent forum. I am sure deep down the majority have a soft spot for big and little Sam. Of course they are not omnipotent but they have the best interests of our club and their own reputations at heart, and they have my support. Today is terrible, I can't bring myself to watch any cup football.  We have been here before, sadly.

January 07, 2018, 01:39:35 AM
Reply #847

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Easily our best performance last night under his reign
Let's see if he can bring more out of us offensively from now on
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2018, 01:45:16 AM
Reply #848

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Last nights loss i put down to SA  being too tactically conservative. Attack is the best form of defence in my eyes. When we conceded was when we where defensive. When ae attacked we didnt and they shit themselves for 5-19mins. Then we levelled and for some reason it went back to status quo.

What a bizarre analysis , we went for it for 90 minutes, a bad ref decision and a blunder cost us the game,

January 07, 2018, 04:19:44 AM
Reply #849

Simon Paul

Administrator
What a bizarre analysis , we went for it for 90 minutes, a bad ref decision and a blunder cost us the game,

We put in a shift and wanted to get forward, we just weren't capable of more

January 07, 2018, 05:02:50 AM
Reply #850

Bally

Administrator
I do not anticipate abuse from the very reasonable, sensible, knowledgeable, fair minded, balanced members of this excellent forum. I am sure deep down the majority have a soft spot for big and little Sam. Of course they are not omnipotent but they have the best interests of our club and their own reputations at heart, and they have my support. Today is terrible, I can't bring myself to watch any cup football.  We have been here before, sadly.

What about us cunts, do you expect abuse from us then, sitting up there on your blue tinted cloud of non critical analysis of a jurassic fucking manager, insinuating those that don't agree with you are of lesser intelligence, you fucking child, grow the fuck up.
#Twatapotumuss
#ElephCunt
#FartWrangler
Sorry was the inner child in me.
It's the roll I way

January 07, 2018, 06:08:23 AM
Reply #851

Ridge

I quite like Allardyce as a comical character. But I wouldn't have thought we'd have to appoint such a clogger before we got cash, let alone after it.

I'm resigned to having Allardyce for much of this season. But I think its a matter of time before the poor performances make him too unpopular, as results are only going to pick up so many points.

I think the longer he's here the worse in terms of development and quality of team. He's left a pile of shit everywhere else, hope he isn't allowed to stay here long enough to get there.

January 07, 2018, 06:17:17 AM
Reply #852

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Few hours now since Hughes was sacked and still no call for him to replace Sam.
Sometimes the posters on here disappoint me.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 07, 2018, 06:19:20 AM
Reply #853

gizzblue

Might as well pay him off and get rid now ...we're not going down (we never were)were not breaking top six  (we never were).. give someone a go who knows how to attack as well as be defensive .
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:26:29 AM by gizzblue »

January 07, 2018, 06:46:42 AM
Reply #854

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Supposing you gave Guardiola Niasse, Dom and Sandro how many do you reckon they would score between them in the second half of the season?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.