May 20, 2018, 05:12:14 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 109749 times)

January 09, 2018, 02:48:25 AM
Reply #885

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Have you ever visited the planet earth?

Yup, my version is loads better than your crappy defeatist version. The version of us I despise. Plucky little Everton. Punching above their weight Everton. Happy to never win anything Everton. Time you stop being happy with average. Or is your goal to be an average human. If so, carry on.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 09, 2018, 03:40:33 AM
Reply #886

eyesalwaysblue

Yup, my version is loads better than your crappy defeatist version. The version of us I despise. Plucky little Everton. Punching above their weight Everton. Happy to never win anything Everton. Time you stop being happy with average. Or is your goal to be an average human. If so, carry on.
Once more for the hard of learning, there is not an Evertonian alive that was happy someone like him had to be employed, we have been shit for years with little peaks of success in intervals. A mixture of bad luck, bad management,lack of funds whatever, Allardyce has only lifted us up towards average after the fucking car crashes that were Koeman and Martinez, Moyes spun financial plates as well getting a good job out of average players and discovering the odd goodun. Bad luck with them next door getting us kicked out of europe was a genuine injustice the rest just par for the coarse for us as far as my memory goes back {early 70s}...
    This sense of entitlement thing makes you sound like Red shite, Allardyce has lifted us away from  beating absolutely nobody and the threat of relegation, anyone who thinks we were in no danger is fuckin mad.
    He deserves more kudos from the sniffy tank tops who really think we actually have a school of science.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 09, 2018, 05:30:23 AM
Reply #887

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The idea of Big Sam having to come in and pull us out the shite after getting pumped every week and scoring fewer goals than anyone who’s ever survived relegation is a travesty and a shame and an embarrassingly bitter pill to swollow after all the big uns we were all prepared to give after spending a bit of doh for once in our miserable history, anyone saying otherwise is sniffing glue.

But it is what it is and he sorted out the back four with his eyes closed.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 09, 2018, 05:33:54 AM
Reply #888

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Any decent manager would of done what Sam has. I reckon Unsworth would of gotten us to where we are now. But we are now 5 games winless and although the Derby was our best performance under Allardyce, his history does not merit him being the right guy for us.

It is not entitlement. We don't deserve to be in the top 4-5. We have to earn it. We have to use the money we have wisely. Hiring Sam is not that. It is a poor appointment and rather knee jerk. If we want to be the best, we have to act, think and strategize with the best.

We have to have real ambition, not just defeatist attitudes that make it sound like there is no hope in even trying.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 09, 2018, 05:44:18 AM
Reply #889

ally2

January 09, 2018, 05:57:29 AM
Reply #890

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Any decent manager would of done what Sam has. I reckon Unsworth would of gotten us to where we are now. But we are now 5 games winless and although the Derby was our best performance under Allardyce, his history does not merit him being the right guy for us.

It is not entitlement. We don't deserve to be in the top 4-5. We have to earn it. We have to use the money we have wisely. Hiring Sam is not that. It is a poor appointment and rather knee jerk. If we want to be the best, we have to act, think and strategize with the best.

We have to have real ambition, not just defeatist attitudes that make it sound like there is no hope in even trying.

No, unsworth was sinking without a trace and imo won’t be at the club for much longer. Terrible tactically.

People talk about how easy it is for someone like sam to come in and set up a low block and start keeping clean sheets but the fact is, if it was that easy he wouldn’t make the doh he does.

It was a desperate move but it’s done now, we’re not going to turf him out mid season and I wouldn’t even want us to. May well be that he’ll get a golden handshake in the summer and we’ll see someone fancy come in, which is fine, but none of it REALLY matters until we get a functioning board and DOF to be quite honest.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 09, 2018, 08:29:27 AM
Reply #891

bacon sarnie

We couldn't possibly look less like going big time.

Allardyce might as well have 'small time' written on his club trackies.

Sarcasm at its finest. Pip-pip to you sir!

January 10, 2018, 12:55:44 AM
Reply #892

Mayor Farnum

We are so shit. I hate feeling like being West Ham or Newcastle. We really should be at the level of a Spurs, Arsenal and even Liverpool. Allardyce is not the guy to get us there

A lot more than a change in manager needs to happen before we can consider at least two of those teams rivals again.

January 14, 2018, 12:54:02 AM
Reply #893

Shogun

Administrator
Got to go in the summer.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 14, 2018, 12:55:46 AM
Reply #894

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly don't think we need a manager. Why bother, we're shit regardless.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 14, 2018, 12:56:24 AM
Reply #895

Cozzie

Agreed let him get us to 7th and absolutely boot his stupid fat headed arse right out the door with Sammy lee close after him.

January 14, 2018, 12:56:57 AM
Reply #896

Shogun

Administrator
Agreed let him get us to 7th and absolutely boot his stupid fat headed arse right out the door with Sammy lee close after him.

I'll be very surprised if we get 7th
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 14, 2018, 01:20:08 AM
Reply #897

KingOfNapaValley

Shogun, your avatar has been the person I was hoping would be our manager for almost 2 years now.

January 14, 2018, 01:22:28 AM
Reply #898

Cozzie

Eddie howe would be an unprecedented disaster.

January 14, 2018, 01:24:56 AM
Reply #899

kramer0

I saw someone on Twitter say that if they were a PL team with an unstable manager situation, they'd back a whole truck full of money up to Gasperini's house.

Might be our best option, seeing as how throwing money around is about the only thing Moshiri as good at.