October 23, 2018, 02:40:17 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 131648 times)

January 14, 2018, 01:20:08 AM
Read 131648 times

KingOfNapaValley

Shogun, your avatar has been the person I was hoping would be our manager for almost 2 years now.

January 14, 2018, 01:45:06 AM
Reply #1

KingOfNapaValley

No chance is he here next season, be willing to put my house on it.

Well, if we let him go, we will owe him 6M as a going away gift, since his contract is 18 months at 115k/week. I don't see us doing that. And I don't see him walking away on his own and leaving that money on the table. So my bet is he will be here through 2018-19.

January 14, 2018, 01:48:31 AM
Reply #2

KingOfNapaValley

Eddie howe would be an unprecedented disaster.

Curious why you think that? I expect he has more table points per unit of player wages than any manager in the PL the last few years. I reckon if the club gave him solid players, he would do pretty well with them. Manager skills and table position do not tell anything close to the full story. Bournemouth are essentially a glorified MK Dons with lower attendance. The fact they have stayed up this long to me, is a feat for which Howe deserves much credit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:49:54 AM by KingOfNapaValley »

January 14, 2018, 02:07:38 AM
Reply #3

KingOfNapaValley

I guess now is the time to remind everyone that FFP does indeed exist and we lost 24M last year, probably a shit ton worse this year after our awful transfers and that next year we won't be able to throw money around without thought. Given this fact, I don't see us taking a multi-million pound loss on sending off Sam, just so we can hire Pardew or whatever recycled failure is available at the time, only to sack that person 6-12 months later. Those who think we can spend 200M this next year are in for a horrible shock in the summer, I believe. We have less to spend than people here think and I don't see us losing 6M to Sam, on top of the exit package we already gave Koeman. Just don't.

January 14, 2018, 02:09:58 AM
Reply #4

KingOfNapaValley

I am amazed at how much magical thinking now exists for Unsworth, in revisionist memory. Maybe they should go back and read the actual posts on this site for most of his time as caretaker. I think we would be certain relegation if he stayed on til the end of the season.

February 04, 2018, 07:54:53 AM
Reply #5

KingOfNapaValley

260M on incoming transfers the last two seasons and we are worse than under the last season of Martinez. That takes a special kind of incompetence.

February 10, 2018, 05:45:09 AM
Reply #6

KingOfNapaValley

Has there ever been a case of an interim-manager getting the duties twice in the same season?