November 15, 2018, 08:08:10 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 134066 times)

January 14, 2018, 03:36:55 PM
Reply #1005

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He needs to fill out a bit.

But as long as youíre not horrendously slow he can work on energy, stamina etc.

January 14, 2018, 03:38:00 PM
Reply #1006

bogie

Said when he come in he'd be gone by March and Unsworth will be back in on another salvage job and I'm standing by that.

He's completely ruined us going forward to the point where if we concede one goal we're already out the game.

This is a disaster and I just hope we have the foresight to have him on borrowed time.

The reset button needs to be pressed and a whole new structure brought in

goldfish some in here

January 14, 2018, 04:05:47 PM
Reply #1007

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Another thing is, wasnít it mentioned that this was the first time that heíd had a decent start when heís gone somewhere mid season?

Previous times thereís been little improvement straight away.

Probable that weíve seen that here except that we had a new manager bounce and a good run of form from Rooney at the same time. Now drifted back to how it was in his first games at Síland and Palace.

January 14, 2018, 04:38:48 PM
Reply #1008

GrantyBoy78

If weíd hired Silva, this thread would be about how shit he is. If weíd hired Fonseca, this thread would be about how shit he is - just like Koeman and Unsworth before them.

January 14, 2018, 04:45:41 PM
Reply #1009

bogie

If we’d hired Silva, this thread would be about how shit he is. If we’d hired Fonseca, this thread would be about how shit he is - just like Koeman and Unsworth before them.

if we had hired Silva we would be fucked
Fonseca hmm that's a hole new ball game (but we would need time for him to sort this lot out)

January 14, 2018, 04:47:12 PM
Reply #1010

Dr. Sponge

We tried to have a go at Liverpool and we played quite well, only conceding through a penalty and a mistake.

He's set us up to do the same here but they are far better than us in every single position, so it's gone horribly wrong. He's got the Bournemouth tactics and the Spurs tactics the wrong way around.

But there's still a lot of weak areas in the team that need addressing before we can give teams like this a real game. Spurs' first two goals came from our fullback areas, and our heads were gone after that.

We are weak at RB, LB, striker's first game and DM lacks quality. Plus our two best players play in the same position.

Bolasie at the time I thought was a terrible buy, and I thought he was playing very frustratingly before his injury.

We look a millions miles away from the top 6 all over the pitch, so I wouldn't look too much into the result against Spurs and United. It was the Bournemouth result that annoyed me the most.

In my opinion, we're 2 players away from having a decent team, providing Tosun does the business and Coleman comes back the same player - A left back and a DM that can play.

I don't think the progressive manager (whoever that is), that some people wanted, would have faired differently against the shite, Spurs, United and Chelsea with this squad. Maybe we'll get that kind of manager in the summer, but the blame for the mess that is the 2017/18 season falls squarely at the feet of Walsh and Koeman. Completely neglected the areas that we needed strengthening and we've never recovered.

January 14, 2018, 05:54:34 PM
Reply #1011

Lxxx

Said when he come in he'd be gone by March and Unsworth will be back in on another salvage job and I'm standing by that.

He's completely ruined us going forward to the point where if we concede one goal we're already out the game.

This is a disaster and I just hope we have the foresight to have him on borrowed time.

The reset button needs to be pressed and a whole new structure brought in

The issue is that the problem is also the solution. The man sat at the top doing his best Tony Fernandes impression, minus the baseball cap.

January 14, 2018, 06:00:55 PM
Reply #1012

Rodenplav64

The issue is that the problem is also the solution. The man sat at the top doing his best Tony Fernandes impression, minus the baseball cap.

Couldn't agree more if you mean Moshiri is completely fucking clueless . He has got everything wrong since the day he arrived at the club . If he doesn't get it right soon then that stadium and its cost will be an Albatross round the neck of this club . Allardyce couldn't grow a cabbage never mind a football team .

January 14, 2018, 06:49:52 PM
Reply #1013

Rodenplav64

What has he said to justify you calling him that?

Thinking he knows how to coach a football team is enough for me .

January 14, 2018, 08:15:18 PM
Reply #1014

gizzblue

Thinking he knows how to coach a football team is enough for me .
Lost me when he started blaming players .

A bad workmen blamed his tools  an all that .
Real quality managers protect the team not criticise it publicly .
Alex Ferguson was brilliant at deflecting shite from his team then thrashing them soundly behind closed doors  .
Bobby Robson was the same ,Pep is the same all the good quality ones are the best man managers .

Sam falls way short in this and so many areas .imho.
Born not made a blue .

January 14, 2018, 08:29:45 PM
Reply #1015

GrantyBoy78

Lost me when he started blaming players .

A bad workmen blamed his tools  an all that .
Real quality managers protect the team not criticise it publicly .
Alex Ferguson was brilliant at deflecting shite from his team then thrashing them soundly behind closed doors  .
Bobby Robson was the same ,Pep is the same all the good quality ones are the best man managers .

Sam falls way short in this and so many areas .imho.
Would Pepís man management make Martina a better player with a wand of a left foot? Sorry for being facetious but I donít think Pep has the same problems as Sam.

I think there is far too much emphasis placed on management, tactics, formations etc.

Itís about having quality players.

The league table nearly always runs in order of squad ability. Nearly.

But itís an easier narrative to make the manager the scapegoat (and rightly so in some circumstances, thatís what they get paid for) than blame the squad. After-all, itís easier to replace one man that 25.

Those who think Sam is the issue will be in for a shock when the next guy fails and the one after him.

January 14, 2018, 08:30:16 PM
Reply #1016

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's a centre mid. He doesn't need pace to be a great player.

What has he got?

Originally I would have said he seems to make good decisions in possession and make good forward passes but he hasnít turned up to a game in about a year and a half so I canít really believe it.

Just bad form I suppose, same as 99% of the squad, and young players are very susceptible to bad form like, and totally not his fault weíve had to play him as much as we have in the last 18 months, but when heís not playing well he can be really poor and itís such a shame.

Plus yeah, athletically heís awful. No pace or power at all, if someone presses him his only option is to go down.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 14, 2018, 08:31:02 PM
Reply #1017

ally2

All the top managers will turn on their team occasionally if they feel it necessary.  Ferguson did it quite a lot.  Even slagged his Aberdeen team after they won the UEFA cup or whatever it was back then.  It becomes a problem if you have to do it repeatedly.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:40:43 PM by ally2 »

January 14, 2018, 08:38:25 PM
Reply #1018

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What has he got?

Originally I would have said he seems to make good decisions in possession and make good forward passes but he hasnít turned up to a game in about a year and a half so I canít really believe it.

Just bad form I suppose, same as 99% of the squad, and young players are very susceptible to bad form like, and totally not his fault weíve had to play him as much as we have in the last 18 months, but when heís not playing well he can be really poor and itís such a shame.

Plus yeah, athletically heís awful. No pace or power at all, if someone presses him his only option is to go down.

Heís only been in the team 12 months!

Guess itís 3 managers in that time but it seems a bit crazy.

January 14, 2018, 08:38:44 PM
Reply #1019

gizzblue

Would Pep's man management make Martina a better player with a wand of a left foot? Sorry for being facetious but I don't think Pep has the same problems as Sam.

I think there is far too much emphasis placed on management, tactics, formations etc.

It's about having quality players.

The league table nearly always runs in order of squad ability. Nearly.

But it's an easier narrative to make the manager the scapegoat (and rightly so in some circumstances, that's what they get paid for) than blame the squad. After-all, it's easier to replace one man that 25.

Those who think Sam is the issue will be in for a shock when the next guy fails and the one after him.
If you or Sam think Martina is the issue ....Holgate and Kenny on the flanks then no?.
His lack of nouse is the telling factor though no ??,..  attacking Spurs and holding off against Wba and Bournmouth really doesn't show quality and or fill any fan with confidence. .. (aside therealdunc obvs)

So you believe Pep would make the same fuck ups with our squad imho nope ..he would at least go get a left back..

My nine year old grandson has more nouse than to attack a free scoring side with the leading scorer in the league and sit back against weaker opposition than them...and he's still playing five a side 😅😅
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:09:26 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .