August 14, 2018, 10:26:38 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 122662 times)

January 15, 2018, 04:16:00 PM
Reply #1050

Jamokachi

Anyone who cant see that this situation is solely of Koemans making is simply blind.

lolol lolol lolol

January 15, 2018, 04:50:42 PM
Reply #1051

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who cant see that this situation is solely of Koemans making is simply blind.

Could you explain for us mate
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 05:07:37 PM
Reply #1052

dax78

1. Through pure pig headedness, refused to register a back-up left back for the season ahead
2. Purchased slow, similar style players, who all play the same position (Rooney, Klaasen, Sig)
3. Alienated Ross Barkley, argueably our most creative player.
4. Failed to sign a striker after selling Lukaku. I know, I know, the manager doesn't sign players, but he has to be involved and has to have a back-up plan if plan A fails, or takes too long, (Giroud)
5. Treated Naisse like shite
6. Failed to address our need for pace in the side
7. Created a toxic atmosphere within the club, leading to dreadful performances on the pitch, and players ultimately downing tools.
8. Did all the above, while spending the most money in the clubs history

But hey, its easier to blame big fat sam, the pint of wine drinking, bung taking, boring bastard. Who has had less than 10 games, and half a January transfer window to turn this shit around.
Hans segers is a legend ;)

January 15, 2018, 05:15:01 PM
Reply #1053

Rodenplav64

Took Valencia a while to get over him and we may well be in the same boat . Valencia may well have been a basket case but that is exactly what we are becoming under Moshiri .

January 15, 2018, 06:10:40 PM
Reply #1054

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Took Valencia a while to get over him and we may well be in the same boat . Valencia may well have been a basket case but that is exactly what we are becoming under Moshiri .

Don’t disagree that he shat the bed, I’m just of the mind that there are deeper issues at the club.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 06:19:33 PM
Reply #1055

Lxxx

Don’t disagree that he shat the bed, I’m just of the mind that there are deeper issues at the club.

True. A stronger Director of Football wouldn't have allowed the situation to degenerate. Les Reed at Southampton fell out with Koeman regularly but from that came a respect which allowed them to identify and sign players like Bertrand, Van Dijk, Mane and Pelle and build a pretty decent side for that level of club.

January 15, 2018, 06:26:31 PM
Reply #1056

UnsyisaRhino

1. Through pure pig headedness, refused to register a back-up left back for the season ahead
2. Purchased slow, similar style players, who all play the same position (Rooney, Klaasen, Sig)
4. Failed to sign a striker after selling Lukaku. I know, I know, the manager doesn't sign players, but he has to be involved and has to have a back-up plan if plan A fails, or takes too long, (Giroud)
7. Created a toxic atmosphere within the club, leading to dreadful performances on the pitch, and players ultimately downing tools.

But hey, its easier to blame big fat sam, the pint of wine drinking, bung taking, boring bastard. Who has had less than 10 games, and half a January transfer window to turn this shit around.

While all of this is correct, sam still has to share the responsibility of what we do on match day. He got it wrong against spurs.

Unfortunately we are so mentally weak that the result was a complete collapse.

January 15, 2018, 06:27:45 PM
Reply #1057

Macca77

He picks the team, he sorts that tactics, the blame lies with him.

January 15, 2018, 06:31:53 PM
Reply #1058

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
True. A stronger Director of Football wouldn't have allowed the situation to degenerate. Les Reed at Southampton fell out with Koeman regularly but from that came a respect which allowed them to identify and sign players like Bertrand, Van Dijk, Mane and Pelle and build a pretty decent side for that level of club.

If one of the top 6 drop out will be Southampton or Leicester who are best placed to step up imo

They’re gash this year but a good transfer window and they’re back in the mix.

January 15, 2018, 06:36:39 PM
Reply #1059

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
While all of this is correct, sam still has to share the responsibility of what we do on match day. He got it wrong against spurs.

Unfortunately we are so mentally weak that the result was a complete collapse.
the lack of heart in this side is worrying. So is the I'm Rooney I'll have to speak to the ref although my captain is already talking

January 15, 2018, 06:37:41 PM
Reply #1060

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 could all have been the fault of Steve Walsh.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 15, 2018, 07:30:09 PM
Reply #1061

Ridge

I think a lot of people struggle with blame, because we didn't have a DoF before, and the roles can be shaped in a variety of ways. Ultimately responsibility for results rested with Koeman, recruitment still lies with Walsh, but both have feet on either side. So while I did and still do blame Koeman in part for recruitment, it's Walsh's job and responsibility.

Koeman is gone and it's nothing to do with him from when he left. New managers are inheriting a squad with talented players, just no team.

We're now in a situation where Koeman is gone and Walsh is still influencing policy and direction. Walsh influenced our decision to hire the unholy trinity of Allardyce, Lee and Shakespeare and we're getting progressively worse.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:33:58 PM by Ridge »

January 15, 2018, 07:43:40 PM
Reply #1062

everton1952

Reserve judgement until October 2018.

January 15, 2018, 07:48:07 PM
Reply #1063

Rodenplav64

Indeed and for me it has to be Moshiri and what I assume is his and not Kenwrights DoF . I am not slamming Sam here but no one with a ounce of ambition would have appointed him . Now that we have ( and given he gets to see out his contract ) do you really want to be letting him sign players on 3 to 4 year contracts given the mess the Manager/DoF seems to have made of recruitment so far ? Again the majority on here expected the next Vardy , Kante or Mahrez to walk through the door after Walsh but a a couple of hundred million later and we will be lucky to recoup 35% of the outlay . That waste is still there though on top of the increasing cost of our Industrial Estate Stadium . For me this club is on a cliff edge of Johnson proportions on and off the pitch . Unless Jim White knows different .
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:49:11 PM by Rodenplav64 »

January 15, 2018, 07:49:08 PM
Reply #1064

Bluedylan

Reserve judgement until October 2018.

Which day in October? 1st? 15th? 31st? I was thinking the 12th feels like a good date to be allowed to form an opinion. Let us know.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.