February 24, 2018, 04:53:05 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 73387 times)

January 16, 2018, 02:12:06 AM
Reply #1080

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
This

6 weeks with a heavy schedule  is not long enough to judge a new manager.

People who hate what they wrongly think Big Sam represents have an appropriate lack of respect
Tell me what he represents

Simply simply lovely

January 16, 2018, 02:15:59 AM
Reply #1081

blueski

I don't know why the negativity is so pointed at Allardyce. He is just being himself. The board knew what he was and brought him on short term to do a job which he is doing. Supporters consistently seem to not like watching Allardyce's brand of football as well.

Seems like the blame really lies with the board or individuals like Walsh who allowed us to be in a situation where Allardyce was needed/wanted.

Its like getting mad at a pig for wallowing in the mud or a fish for swimming. I do think there's room for him to be a little more positive but ultimately he's not going to play expansive pretty football.
Nil Satis

January 16, 2018, 02:58:36 AM
Reply #1082

Juanito

I don't know why the negativity is so pointed at Allardyce. He is just being himself. The board knew what he was and brought him on short term to do a job which he is doing. Supporters consistently seem to not like watching Allardyce's brand of football as well.

Seems like the blame really lies with the board or individuals like Walsh who allowed us to be in a situation where Allardyce was needed/wanted.

Its like getting mad at a pig for wallowing in the mud or a fish for swimming. I do think there's room for him to be a little more positive but ultimately he's not going to play expansive pretty football.

We all knew he was a stale, bland, defensive manager but he has become an even more stale, ancient, bland caricature of himself. In what world could we expect 2 shots on target in our last 4 games? Two shots on target in 360 minutes of football. Thatís with a squad containing of 100 million pound worth of attacking talent. This is a man who will blame the players in defeats and talk endlessly about his tactical genius when the team wins. Absolute c**t.

January 16, 2018, 03:10:57 AM
Reply #1083

blueski

We all knew he was a stale, bland, defensive manager but he has become an even more stale, ancient, bland caricature of himself. In what world could we expect 2 shots on target in our last 4 games? Two shots on target in 360 minutes of football. Thatís with a squad containing of 100 million pound worth of attacking talent. This is a man who will blame the players in defeats and talk endlessly about his tactical genius when the team wins. Absolute c**t.
Maybe one where our midfield players aren't good enough to retain the ball or complete a simple forward pass and retain possession or move off the ball properly to receive a pass?
Nil Satis

January 16, 2018, 04:00:37 AM
Reply #1084

Juanito

Maybe one where our midfield players aren't good enough to retain the ball or complete a simple forward pass and retain possession or move off the ball properly to receive a pass?

They are good enough, they are not getting coached.

January 16, 2018, 04:20:40 AM
Reply #1085

sirblue57

Ffs this is getting pathetic. Blame? Yeah sam should get some blame, but the main focus is on the board who fucked up time and agin, and have been for decades.
The DoF who has failed to address major issues in the squad.
The team of expensive yet GUTLESS players. Who happily pocket a fortune we can only dream.of, yet lack passion, drive or pride.
So yes ,Sam gets some blame.(and I never wanted him) because he never told the fucking Charlaton DoF to get a full back. Even if it meant hanging him out of a very high window to emphasise the point
But this is Everton, we are used to being let down and fucked about. It's how little the board thinks is us.
Fuck it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:22:17 AM by sirblue57 »
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 16, 2018, 04:50:51 AM
Reply #1086

everton1952

Some people are getting really upset. It is almost like they know what they are talking about. It's all opinion anyway, but calling people c**t etc is not helpful, or fair. Everyone involved at Everton are doing their best to put things right, i.e. recover form a shithouse mess made by a previous regime, some of whom are still in post. We have an awful squad with loads of players not fit for our ambitions. The boat has to be steadied first, that is why Allardyce was brought in. Get rid of the relegation scare this season and take it from there next season.

January 16, 2018, 05:05:21 AM
Reply #1087

ajax_andy

I never wanted Allardyce but we have to give him time... We were hopeless before he came in and it takes time to implement strategy and bring in players to help achieve a level of consistency.

It's too soon to judge, let's wait until the end of the season and see what's what.  Not a popular appointment but one that can't be judged just yet.  The football will always be uninspiring but once he's fully implemented his strategy we should be a much better proposition

January 16, 2018, 11:40:28 AM
Reply #1088

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Let's try this for the master tactician and master of sport analytics to help him with what the point of football is.

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 16, 2018, 03:29:18 PM
Reply #1089

Lxxx

I would argue the Everton job is the easiest in the Premier League. We have the budget of an aspiring top 6 club but without the real expectation, currently the best academy for youth development in the division, 2/3 of the league are pretty shite and you're judged really on 12 games a year against the sides above you as a benchmark of your progress which, as long as you actually manage a shot on target, should see you avoid the sack and finishing 7th regardless of those results. 

I'm not sure why we panicked and gave a limited bloke in the twilight of his career £6m a year to have a go at the above. On that basis we should have the best young, talented managers around Europe dying for a crack at this job as a stepping stone in their career. We need a radical rethink in the summer to re-position ourselves and get it right from top down.

January 16, 2018, 03:38:54 PM
Reply #1090

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I would argue the Everton job is the easiest in the Premier League. We have the budget of an aspiring top 6 club but without the real expectation, currently the best academy for youth development in the division, 2/3 of the league are pretty shite and you're judged really on 12 games a year against the sides above you as a benchmark of your progress which, as long as you actually manage a shot on target, should see you avoid the sack and finishing 7th regardless of those results. 

I'm not sure why we panicked and gave a limited bloke in the twilight of his career £6m a year to have a go at the above. On that basis we should have the best young, talented managers around Europe dying for a crack at this job as a stepping stone in their career. We need a radical rethink in the summer to re-position ourselves and get it right from top down.
I agree with the second para.

Re the first one I think people constantly underestimate the expectations here.

Look at the reaction to the West Brom game.

We were awful but got a 0-0 where outside of the top 6 would that be met with the kind of meltdowns that we get?

If we donít win away from home against anyone that isnít top 6, everyone gets really angry.

There is an expectation, based I think on the last 25 years grinding everyone down rather than individuals, that we should be playing more exciting football (see complaints re Koeman even when we were scoring lots of (home) goals). Thereís no way that SA wouldnít have defended with everyone behind the ball at Spurs if there hadnít been the widespread criticism of the preceding performances, which is born out of that expectation.

You can finish 7th but if you have a bad first quarter of the next season, youíre out.

Itís not an easy job but thatís exactly why we should have been after a better manager more in line with those pressures.

January 16, 2018, 04:02:41 PM
Reply #1091

Bally

Administrator
I've heard a rumour that the useless cunt is going to use Davies as bait for Antonio from West ham
It's the roll I way

January 16, 2018, 04:04:08 PM
Reply #1092

Lxxx

I agree with the second para.

Re the first one I think people constantly underestimate the expectations here.

Look at the reaction to the West Brom game.

We were awful but got a 0-0 where outside of the top 6 would that be met with the kind of meltdowns that we get?

If we donít win away from home against anyone that isnít top 6, everyone gets really angry.

There is an expectation, based I think on the last 25 years grinding everyone down rather than individuals, that we should be playing more exciting football (see complaints re Koeman even when we were scoring lots of (home) goals). Thereís no way that SA wouldnít have defended with everyone behind the ball at Spurs if there hadnít been the widespread criticism of the preceding performances, which is born out of that expectation.

You can finish 7th but if you have a bad first quarter of the next season, youíre out.

Itís not an easy job but thatís exactly why we should have been after a better manager more in line with those pressures.

Which is why I think any talented, but more importantly intelligent, manager would be able to work this to their advantage.

A 0-0 draw away at West Brom wouldn't have got the meltdown it had if we'd have lined up to not be happy with a point at the start. Martinez got away with nearly two full seasons of mediocrity because he set up to have a go at teams (in the main). His methods were naÔve in the extreme but I think fans appreciated to a certain extent his positivity.

With a budget like ours we have the resources to build a side with pace to play away from home, which would make teams wary of us as an attacking threat (see early Martinez years) and make our away games more competitive and in theory under less relentless pressure from average teams we see now (the West Brom game).

It should really be a stipulation of the selection and interview process for the next boss. It shouldn't be difficult, we have the whole of Europe to go at and very deep pockets.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:05:31 PM by Lxxx »

January 16, 2018, 04:08:23 PM
Reply #1093

Ramjam

I've heard a rumour that the useless cunt is going to use Davies as bait for Antonio from West ham

But what useless cunt are you talking about? Sam or Walsh or Shakespeare
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 16, 2018, 04:09:58 PM
Reply #1094

plumber

I've heard a rumour Elvis is still alive.