October 18, 2018, 07:03:42 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 130727 times)

January 18, 2018, 09:52:20 PM
Reply #1170

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Many people in here have cried we havenít beaten the top 6 recently and said we have a squad good enough for top 6.

Some people who simply hate reality

Who is this Taylor swift you speak off? Can they play left back?

Shes a very nice lady.

You should go out and meet one sometime.

January 18, 2018, 09:57:57 PM
Reply #1171

Evertonian in NC

I am desperate to the point that YES, I would even be happy with Moyes coming back next season, trying to rekindle the old fires (and at minimum, stabilizing the downward spiral for the next 5 years or so).  Fuck's sake, he at least will COUNTERATTACK.

He always begged for striker options, give him Tosun, DCL, Hammerin' Hank (sorry), and KEEP FUCKING SANDRO and I think he could do something.

Still, would prefer trying something more progressive (Tuchel, that name that came up late before Darkest Timeline happened, anything kramer suggests) but I am a beaten, battered Blue and I would accept this.

I just cannot, for the life of me, accept going into August with no hope, knowing I still can't watch the matches.  Because under Fat Sam's incompetent, corrupt watch it 100% isn't Everton, and it will always be an indelible black mark on our history.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 18, 2018, 10:11:47 PM
Reply #1172

everton1952

I am desperate to the point that YES, I would even be happy with Moyes coming back next season, trying to rekindle the old fires (and at minimum, stabilizing the downward spiral for the next 5 years or so).  Fuck's sake, he at least will COUNTERATTACK.

He always begged for striker options, give him Tosun, DCL, Hammerin' Hank (sorry), and KEEP FUCKING SANDRO and I think he could do something.

Still, would prefer trying something more progressive (Tuchel, that name that came up late before Darkest Timeline happened, anything kramer suggests) but I am a beaten, battered Blue and I would accept this.

I just cannot, for the life of me, accept going into August with no hope, knowing I still can't watch the matches.  Because under Fat Sam's incompetent, corrupt watch it 100% isn't Everton, and it will always be an indelible black mark on our history.
Blimey mate. I only today read an article about the explosion of people being referred for counselling and therapy for all sorts of trivial reasons. (one woman was referred twice when her bike was stolen twice). But in your case it does sound serious. Where is NC? Seek help soon and good luck.

January 18, 2018, 10:14:32 PM
Reply #1173

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 18, 2018, 10:18:18 PM
Reply #1174

everton1952

If you have it you need therapy.

January 18, 2018, 10:36:08 PM
Reply #1175

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

What is XG?

Stands for expected goal, sounds fancy but is just a fairly new (fairly imperfect) way of measuring how good a chance you are creating and how good a chance you have conceded to your opponent.

E.g a shot on the edge of the six yard box with no defenders in front of you on your natural foot will have a high xg (if you take that chance 100 times it will go in like...50 times or whatever) while a shot from outside the box with 4 defenders in front of you on your weak foot will have a low xg - you can do that 100 times and you might spoon 1 in.

If you are creating loads of great chances for your team while not letting the opposition have loads of sitters, you are playing well and should pick up points, if you do the opposite (like we are atm) you will should dropping them (like we are atm)
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 18, 2018, 10:50:31 PM
Reply #1176

stirlingblue

Less than 2 months in the job, not his team, heavy Christmas schedule, and because we are not top of the league it's all Allardyce's fault  lolol

The kids on here really have no idea about some of the dross we have suffered at Everton over the years from managers given far more time.

Haters gonna hate i suppose

To be fair, we've not suffered dross under managers who have had a squad like ours.

It's one thing turning out dross when you're starting team contains the likes of Pembridge, Madar and Idan Tal, but it's a different story when you've got the players that we have now.

Nobody is saying they expect Allardyce to even qualify for Europe, but we don't even look like a top half side under his shite brand of "tactics"

January 18, 2018, 11:06:40 PM
Reply #1177

BlueMaquis

Blimey mate. I only today read an article about the explosion of people being referred for counselling and therapy for all sorts of trivial reasons.

How did they attend therapy if they exploded?

January 18, 2018, 11:12:02 PM
Reply #1178

Ridge

He's out of his league, he's only been at a couple of big PL clubs and he failed miserably at both and left them in the shit.

He can overachieve with teams with no talent, as he doesn't really use it or rely on it anyway. He gets some big cloggers and plays direct percentage football, but in a good team, you'll see good players underperform and others leave, and then you're left with the shit before long.

January 19, 2018, 01:11:33 AM
Reply #1179

bogie

I don't realise, no. It's completely unnecessary and totally unsurprising that we are failing to register a shot on target when their is no-one in the final third.

so attack is the best line of defence then is what you trying to say

January 19, 2018, 01:24:36 AM
Reply #1180

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
so attack is the best line of defence then is what you trying to say
No
He is saying it's not a massive challenge to set up a side to be defensively solid whilst still offering a goal threat
Simply simply lovely

January 19, 2018, 01:40:45 AM
Reply #1181

bogie

No
He is saying it's not a massive challenge to set up a side to be defensively solid whilst still offering a goal threat

defensively solid were we not a few weeks ago and you did not like that then

i will try to dumb this down for you as best i can
you will get better attacking play the higher up the pitch you play
if you don't have defenders that can play a high line you will be pissing in the wind
we have been trying to play a high line with for the most part the same defence for a few YEARS now and its not working
add to that are goal keeper is a shot stopper not a "sweeper keeper" (q the WTF ) makes it even harder to play a high line
for this set of defenders to not let 3/4 in a game they have to go deeper and deeper

this manager seen it done something about it and is getting crap for it

now you going to bring the spurs game up but before you do if you think are game play was not to play a bit higher up the pitch then it is clear I will need to dumb it down a lot more

haters gonna hate

January 19, 2018, 01:58:47 AM
Reply #1182

AllyBlue14

Quite honestly, I couldn't give a what people think of Allardyce. Personally, I think the nay sayers are being impatient, and while the death of our attacking play is unacceptable, people are happy to write him off now because they didn't want him here to start with.

I'm more pissed off that someone has got me singing a Taylor Swift song ffs.

January 19, 2018, 02:03:56 AM
Reply #1183

AllyBlue14

Quite honestly, I couldn't give a what people think of Allardyce.

Apparently, I couldn't give a shit, so I didn't

January 19, 2018, 02:08:04 AM
Reply #1184

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

defensively solid were we not a few weeks ago and you did not like that then

i will try to dumb this down for you as best i can
you will get better attacking play the higher up the pitch you play
if you don't have defenders that can play a high line you will be pissing in the wind
we have been trying to play a high line with for the most part the same defence for a few YEARS now and its not working
add to that are goal keeper is a shot stopper not a "sweeper keeper" (q the WTF ) makes it even harder to play a high line
for this set of defenders to not let 3/4 in a game they have to go deeper and deeper

this manager seen it done something about it and is getting crap for it

now you going to bring the spurs game up but before you do if you think are game play was not to play a bit higher up the pitch then it is clear I will need to dumb it down a lot more

haters gonna hate

I've played football all my fucking life, I've watched thirty five years of it, I don't need you to dumb down anything you arrogant bellend.

Your Allardyce obsession is bordering on an illness.
Simply simply lovely