October 18, 2018, 12:20:58 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 130670 times)

January 19, 2018, 04:03:11 AM
Reply #1215

bogie

Bit of a cheeky cunt there aren't ya

I can be but it takes a lot to get me there

January 19, 2018, 05:16:55 AM
Reply #1216

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Bet the spellow is grim as fuck on a Friday night.

January 19, 2018, 06:42:54 AM
Reply #1217

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think he saved us from relegation, to be quite honest. Touch wood weíre out the shit, and I think we are purely because thereís so many crap teams in the league we MUST have 3/4 more wins in us, even just at home, but I think we were looking like a side that would go down.

And I hope he hasnít reached his Ďbounce has worn off and now the fans are bored of his negative tacticsí point already, because surely thatís supposed to take longer to get to than 3/4 weeks.

Iím not particularly worried about sam because I honestly donít think heís here next season. Tbh I think he knows that as well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2018, 07:26:11 AM
Reply #1218

bacon sarnie

I think he saved us from relegation, to be quite honest. Touch wood weíre out the shit, and I think we are purely because thereís so many crap teams in the league we MUST have 3/4 more wins in us, even just at home, but I think we were looking like a side that would go down.

And I hope he hasnít reached his Ďbounce has worn off and now the fans are bored of his negative tacticsí point already, because surely thatís supposed to take longer to get to than 3/4 weeks.

Iím not particularly worried about sam because I honestly donít think heís here next season. Tbh I think he knows that as well.

Touch cloth more likes matey, he's a fuckin snake oil salesman with a gob full of chewy & hopefully he'll take his wee namesake and fuck off seconds after the seasons last ball has been kicked.

Enter the next manager out of work....or The Dragon!

January 19, 2018, 09:34:35 AM
Reply #1219

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Results were good out the gate, performances mostly still lacking, and were reverting to Koeman level. However, I do think there were/are copious problems with this squad be it imbalances or quality of player, so I'm trying to give him slack for the anemic attacking threat of late.

I like his first two signings, both signal a decent amount of ambition and attacking intent to get started with. The ability to make consistently good calibre signings is obviously a massive part of the game and why Moyes thrived here for long spells. If you bring in quality players, usually performances improve. While I'm not expecting one this window, I'd love to see a more creative passer in central midfielder added too...if we filled that position and added a left back there wouldn't be many excuses left for getting a much better level of performance from the team. I'd love to get to that point where I have faith in the squad again.

January 19, 2018, 12:49:08 PM
Reply #1220

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
defensively solid were we not a few weeks ago and you did not like that then

i will try to dumb this down for you as best i can
you will get better attacking play the higher up the pitch you play
if you don't have defenders that can play a high line you will be pissing in the wind
we have been trying to play a high line with for the most part the same defence for a few YEARS now and its not working
add to that are goal keeper is a shot stopper not a "sweeper keeper" (q the WTF ) makes it even harder to play a high line
for this set of defenders to not let 3/4 in a game they have to go deeper and deeper

this manager seen it done something about it and is getting crap for it

now you going to bring the spurs game up but before you do if you think are game play was not to play a bit higher up the pitch then it is clear I will need to dumb it down a lot more

haters gonna hate

We still not defensively solid. I thought that's his best trait.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 19, 2018, 01:19:47 PM
Reply #1221

Simon Paul

Administrator
We still not defensively solid. I thought that's his best trait.

Come on mate. John Carey would have had us concede 20 at Spurs.

January 19, 2018, 01:40:36 PM
Reply #1222

Rodenplav64

Results were good out the gate, performances mostly still lacking, and were reverting to Koeman level. However, I do think there were/are copious problems with this squad be it imbalances or quality of player, so I'm trying to give him slack for the anemic attacking threat of late.

I like his first two signings, both signal a decent amount of ambition and attacking intent to get started with. The ability to make consistently good calibre signings is obviously a massive part of the game and why Moyes thrived here for long spells. If you bring in quality players, usually performances improve. While I'm not expecting one this window, I'd love to see a more creative passer in central midfielder added too...if we filled that position and added a left back there wouldn't be many excuses left for getting a much better level of performance from the team. I'd love to get to that point where I have faith in the squad again.

Why are they his signings if all the shite we got before weren't Koemans fault but the DoF ?

January 19, 2018, 01:50:43 PM
Reply #1223

Macca77

We were never in danger of relegation

January 19, 2018, 02:09:00 PM
Reply #1224

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

We absolutely were
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2018, 02:29:19 PM
Reply #1225

Ramjam

To be honest mate I also think we were. It would only have taken a couple more poor results against West Ham, Huddersfield and we would have been fucked, Newcastle should have beaten us as well, we have rode our luck in those games but now is the time to perform.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 19, 2018, 02:34:13 PM
Reply #1226

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be honest, that Southampton defeat genuinely had me doing the math. I thought we were in trouble.

When Unsworth beat West Ham and his team beat Huddersfield however i thought we'd be fine.
But for 3 days there i genuinely thought we were in a relegation fight.

We lose tomorrow without a shot on target and i'll be getting that calculator out again though.

January 19, 2018, 02:36:58 PM
Reply #1227

Ramjam

Absolutely correct Mick, this is my worry as well, this is a must win game for us.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 19, 2018, 02:44:20 PM
Reply #1228

Lxxx

We’d lost too much ground already! I agree with you about having the 7th best group of players, but this season is already written off. Salvage operation commenced.

You do realise we're 9th. 7 points behind Burnley, who we have to play. If we don't think we can make up that gap with 45 points to play for then why should we even bother?

January 19, 2018, 03:28:20 PM
Reply #1229

Macca77

We absolutely were

We were in trouble that's for sure, the Southampton games was shocking, but always thought we were capable of scraping a few wins to get us up the table