November 21, 2018, 12:00:56 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 135214 times)

January 19, 2018, 09:15:39 PM
Reply #1275

bogie

Genuinely have to ask if this is a serious comment?

you not think he would be good at it

ok there might be a few quid going AWOL but he can get the players to sign ok 

and no its not a comment its more pub talk but there might be something in it or is there

January 19, 2018, 09:17:22 PM
Reply #1276

Bluedylan

you not think he would be good at it

ok there might be a few quid going AWOL but he can get the players to sign ok 

and no its not a comment its more pub talk but there might be something in it or is there

I think you've answered the question
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 19, 2018, 09:20:23 PM
Reply #1277

bogie

I think you've answered the question

what question I did not really ask one

oh I get it you would not be happy with the money going AWOL bit all DoF do it

January 19, 2018, 09:27:35 PM
Reply #1278

Bluedylan

what question I did not really ask one

oh I get it you would not be happy with the money going AWOL bit all DoF do it

I asked if you were serious, and you answered it in your next comment.

No, I wouldn't be happy with Sam Allardyce moving to a DoF role. Nothing to do with alleged corruption. Just purely based on competence. We need to get back to aspiring as a club, and not being happy to roll around in our own proverbial shit, as some of the old timers on here seem to enjoy.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 19, 2018, 09:29:13 PM
Reply #1279

Rodenplav64

Big Sam for DoF after his time as manager, then move Walsh down to head scout as he was before he came here would that be why joe royal left hmm

I don't even think jimmywack could not see Big Sam as a DoF would be a bad thing or is he just going to Hate for the sake of it

If we don't register a shot soon they should both be gone . And that would have to be the biggest misnomer possible for Allardyce , Director of FOOTBALL .

January 19, 2018, 09:32:17 PM
Reply #1280

Lxxx

Starting to come to the conclusion some people on here are WUM with some of the stuff I'm reading. Not sure I can find any other reason.

January 19, 2018, 09:35:33 PM
Reply #1281

Macca77

Starting to come to the conclusion some people on here are WUM with some of the stuff I'm reading. Not sure I can find any other reason.

Many on here are WUM and they all sing from same hymn sheet

January 19, 2018, 09:37:17 PM
Reply #1282

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Genuine question here
Are you behind the team or are you behind the manager?

You appear to slag every single player we have whilst trying to preach to us that Sam can walk on water
That’s akin do you support your country or your country’s leader? The two are not exclusive but they also are.

I want Sam to do well because it means we will do well. But I don’t support the brand of football he employs because I don’t believe it will get us results.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 19, 2018, 10:30:36 PM
Reply #1283

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think mathematically we currently have an extremely low chance of going down, like 0.02 or something I saw the other day. But our peak is probably now 9th, 8th at a push and if we hadn’t had the couple of results we did pick up when sam joined then we’d be panicking now for sure.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2018, 10:36:10 PM
Reply #1284

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine the scenes on this forum if we win 5-0 tomorrow.

January 19, 2018, 10:40:01 PM
Reply #1285

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I just think Moshiri has had his first major action at the club and gone '
'I'll get Koeman in because he's a big name and who as DoF? How about that fella who's just masterminded Leicester to the title? Yeah he'll do''

Feel like that's literally how we ended up with them two, with no one taking a moments thought to whether it would actually work.

That probably is what happened with Walsh.

Although we had Monchi lined up until Sevilla emotionally blackmailed him into staying another year.

Koeman’s name was important (as in attracting players, well supposedly) but finishing 7th and 6th with Southampton was a good job.

Think you can get away with one appointment being made with more intangible elements in mind (eg Koeman’s rep) but the other, whether famous or not, has to be someone genuinely good at their job.

Walsh, having never been a DoF before, was always going to be a risk.

But for balance, aside from transfers, you’d assume that a lot of a DoF’s work will not bear fruit / be noticed for a couple of years.

January 19, 2018, 10:40:21 PM
Reply #1286

Simon Paul

Administrator

There's a few that are a bit old for that type of party to be honest

January 19, 2018, 11:17:26 PM
Reply #1287

bogie

they will just wait till we lose a game and start it all over again

January 19, 2018, 11:18:51 PM
Reply #1288

Macca77

they will just wait till we lose a game and start it all over again

They?

January 19, 2018, 11:25:46 PM
Reply #1289

bogie

Think mathematically we currently have an extremely low chance of going down, like 0.02 or something I saw the other day. But our peak is probably now 9th, 8th at a push and if we hadn’t had the couple of results we did pick up when sam joined then we’d be panicking now for sure.

form 7th team to 11th have all won just 1 game in last 6 I think
we have not been picking up the points of late but not losing any hope of 7th at the same time
we have added well with the 2 coming in just get that LB slot sorted now and 7th should be in the bag

the summer has to see the end of this old guard at the back its just has to or we will be treading water again