February 20, 2018, 02:05:38 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 70510 times)

eyesalwaysblue, eugene and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 22, 2018, 02:38:58 PM
Reply #1530

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus, Rooney's problem in my opinion is he covers too much ground. Especially when we are behind/chasing a game.
You see the lad pop up in full back positions, the middle, off the shoulder of the striker. Everywhere except where he's meant to actually be playing.

Why? What's he done to suggest he's a good manager. Everyone is so unhappy with allardyce and yet in the same time we've made up about 10 points on Watford.
Won 1 in 11. We'd already be relegated if he'd come here and produced that form

So, let me get this straight. Allardyce gets credit for us making up the points, whilst it is simultaneously Silva's fault?

It genuinely can't be both.

January 22, 2018, 02:46:47 PM
Reply #1531

dunkster

SA does realise he's the manager now does He?
Keeps harping on like he's a pundit or writing his daily column in the papers.
Stop going on about what doesn't work and fix it !!!!!! That's what your there for and paid to do you stupid fat cunt
Maybe he should also point  out the obvious which was the 2 wins we got (day he signed  and couple of days later not even having chance to know The players names) which massively inflated his  record since joining.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 22, 2018, 03:14:03 PM
Reply #1532

Lincs Toffee

Be interesting to see how the Sam lovers on here defend that comment.
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

January 22, 2018, 03:20:21 PM
Reply #1533

Lxxx

He's starting to come across totally out of his depth now if I'm honest. It's one thing trying to galvanise a load of average players to eke out results to survive, it's quite another to cope with the demands of a club and fans that expect you to take a group of talented players and go out to win a game of football.

What must a lad like Wayne Rooney think, one of the most gifted and decorated players of his generation, when he's told he can't play with another footballer.

January 22, 2018, 03:22:22 PM
Reply #1534

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Donít know if itís the choice of words but didnít Sigurdsson cover huge distances last season?

Heís always running here.

So unless he means he doesnít want two slow players in attack, then I donít know.

January 22, 2018, 03:24:25 PM
Reply #1535

dunkster

Poor old wayne.  Brags up our club to Theo to get him to sign, then few days later SA basically says wayne ain't got it in him anymore.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 22, 2018, 03:26:04 PM
Reply #1536

dunkster

And is it written down somewhere that we HAVE to play a 4-2-3-1 formation out of interest?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

January 22, 2018, 03:28:19 PM
Reply #1537

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
And is it written down somewhere that we HAVE to play a 4-2-3-1 formation out of interest?

No.

We should go back to the 4-3-3 that won some games and had them both in the team...

January 22, 2018, 03:30:13 PM
Reply #1538

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from anything else itís all starting to be a bit negative.

No problem with a few Home truths fished out every now and again but aside from a fit LB weíve got the players for a balanced selection to start with and for tactics accordingly.

January 22, 2018, 03:33:01 PM
Reply #1539

JordanianEmbassy

He's *nearly* saying what pretty much everyone I've spoken to in person has been saying all season, ie playing both of them in forward positions doesn't really work because of the lack of pace. Playing Rooney as a no. 10 and Sig a bit deeper doesn't really work either because Sig isn't great there especially if he's out wide.

On the other hand what has looked OK IMO is playing Sig as the no. 10 and Rooney in a deeper role. And the comment about covering ground is a bit weird/wrong (maybe he was talking about pace and it came across wrong? - I need to read the comments again but I'm at work)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:34:40 PM by JordanianEmbassy »

January 22, 2018, 03:40:53 PM
Reply #1540

dunkster

Basically with that group of players, hes as clueless as koeman and unsworth we're about who to play and in what positions. Third manager this season who hasn't a fuckin clue.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

January 22, 2018, 03:46:37 PM
Reply #1541

Lxxx

Basically with that group of players, hes as clueless as koeman and unsworth we're about who to play and in what positions. Third manager this season who hasn't a fuckin clue.

Can't really blame him though. Everyone knew before he joined he wouldn't have a clue, we even spoke to him and dismissed him once as we obviously weren't convinced he was the right man. We now have the board to thank for giving him the best part of £10m to deliver exactly what the football world knew. Well done Everton. 

January 22, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
Reply #1542

Bluedylan

Basically he doesn't have a scooby how to coach or integrate attacking players beyond 'go and score a goal'. Better not still be here in October.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 22, 2018, 03:52:57 PM
Reply #1543

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Worse now as we have a striker and two wide senior options (Walcott and Bolasie).

Issue before was no striker and Koeman didnít like Mirallas and Lennon.

Unsworth got a bit confused / overawed until the WHam game which went back to the style used in the Chelsea game (which should have been the blue print for all games).

Also, he didnít pick them both and we were awful anyway.

Bizarre thing to come out with when it (not picking them both) didnít actually work.

January 22, 2018, 03:56:11 PM
Reply #1544

dunkster

Moaned that we werent getting forward enough to create any chances. Then after a spurs battering moaned we were too offensive and needed to get back to being 'boring cunts' (pretty much the words he used)
Never did I imagine when moshiris millions came flooding in would our club be in such a shambles.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]