September 25, 2018, 09:51:38 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 127991 times)

December 19, 2017, 05:19:50 PM
Read 127991 times

Lincs Toffee

I think I love him.

The big pie smashing oaf.
MmmBlueAllardyce soon then ?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:21:01 PM by Lincs Toffee »
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

December 19, 2017, 05:20:09 PM
Reply #1

Lincs Toffee

Double post Twat !!
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 04, 2018, 08:52:36 PM
Reply #2

Lincs Toffee

You're right - my opinion is just an unpopular one. I don't think our defensive players at the time were good enough to take us to the next level and some of them are still here.

You won't see Guardiola or Klopp focus on defence too much either but they'll still win a lot of games, and in City's case trophies too. At the time, I felt our attacking players were being let down by our defensive players - a bit like the shite this season. 

And there lies the problem/difference, we set up now to not concede and hope to nick a goal, whereas they set up to score and hope not to concede

January 22, 2018, 03:14:03 PM
Reply #3

Lincs Toffee

Be interesting to see how the Sam lovers on here defend that comment.

January 22, 2018, 07:00:18 PM
Reply #4

Lincs Toffee

as I saw it Saturday there was no...

playing out from the back......

no pressing from the front....

no pressing in midfield....

no support to the front man....

no winning of second balls......

no third man running...in any area of the pitch.....which brings no cohesive running off the ball

as our defenders drop deep it makes the pitch bigger...our midfielders cant get up and down enough..so he plays 2 holding midfielders which in turn drops our defenders even deeper.....creating more space for the opposition to play in midfield......

as we drop deeper it then isolates the centre forward and we don't get around the ball enough.....leaving spaces behind him....we need a centre forward who can play with his back to goal and hold up the play and bring our "attacking" midfielders into play.. but who also can play on half turn...and bring our wide men into play....
Just a few tweaks then and we should be on top form again!...pretty much spot on with yours observations mate, think most of us can see it apart from the few that actually matter.

January 23, 2018, 05:40:51 PM
Reply #5

Lincs Toffee

How did that stat escape Sam's army of statisticians.
Retweet it to him and all the coaching staff ...oh wait I bet none of the fuckers have twitter

January 23, 2018, 08:54:59 PM
Reply #6

Lincs Toffee

Hypothetical really but does anyone here think Unsworth could do a better job until the end of the season?

January 23, 2018, 09:12:12 PM
Reply #7

Lincs Toffee

The reality is the players are to blame sometimes.
The squad is in a total mess and he's been here only 56 days.
I'm not defending him personally ( said before he's not my first choice) but he's here and should be initially judged at the end of the season when a clearer picture of where we're going emerges.
The dislike of Sam for who he is means a lot are looking for every opportunity to see him fail.
Guardiola would struggle to get this squad playing well in 8 weeks!!
So is it more a confidence issue with the players as apposed to an inept manager...I really am unable to understand why such a group of talented players look like a sunday league side, we have no passion, no pride, no determination in our play...wtf has really gone wrong?

February 05, 2018, 02:38:45 PM
Reply #8

Lincs Toffee

The problem is we are now playing other teams fighting to get out of the relegation zone, to me that is going to be harder than playing mid table sides and the big boys, lets face it when it comes to it there is only going to be one team that's going to be up for it, and that certainly isn't going to be us based on our previous performances.