December 13, 2018, 12:54:54 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 137056 times)

January 02, 2018, 04:03:41 PM
Read 137056 times

Waltzer

If we have 1 more home game without a shot on target this season, then we really should just fuck him off after that game.

I would prefer to have lost 0-4 yesterday and at least had a go. The football we're playing is soul destroying.

The only glimmer of hope is that we might put more emphasis on a cup run, shitty, defensive, fuckin wank football might lends itself well to FA Cup runs.

I agree, his approach so far is just about palatable if you get a result, like we did against Liverpool, its when you lose that you dont have a leg to stand on. I said it all along, even when Koeman was in charge, and our attacking resources are so limited its a disgrace so I find it hard to be too critical of Sam at this point as he he dealing the hand dealt, he is correct too when summarising yesterday that we have to keep it tight as we wont score more than 1 goal. Its a result based business and his objective was merely to keep us up, which he will do.
The main reason for our current predicament is confounded as the people that are culpable are still at the club and we wont progress until they're gone

January 15, 2018, 09:27:33 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

This

6 weeks with a heavy schedule  is not long enough to judge a new manager.

People who hate what they wrongly think Big Sam represents have an agenda

I was all up for giving Sam a good crack and do think he is a little underestimated, but you're on a hiding to nothing when you come out and say your game plan is to be even more negative when your team has had 1 shot on goal in 4 games.
He has a responsibility, not only to keep us in the league, but also to entertain the loyal fan base we have. I think comments like his will be the nail in his coffin as I think Moshiri wants to see the free flowing styles like City and them across the park. He'll finish the season but I think we'll go out and get someone Fonseca during the summer.

January 15, 2018, 09:33:57 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

Please post a link to when sam said more negative?

So we were adventurous against Spurs and Liverpool with 1 shot in 180 minutes!!?

"I was going to shore it up like Moyesy [West Ham manager David Moyes] did because I watched the game [the 1-1 draw at Wembley] and thought what a great job they had done on Tottenham defensively.

"But then again I reverted back to our Liverpool performance... If you can play like that at Liverpool and just at the death get beat, surely you can come here to Tottenham and deliver the same performance and maybe get a result.

"Maybe I have a bit of responsibility by playing too much attacking-minded players and not as many defending-minded players. I should have got back to being a bit more boring and a bit less adventurous."

January 19, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
Reply #3

Waltzer

Given the new signings, you’d like to think they’d be busy getting all the players more familiar with each other. However, I suppose you could argue we’re coming off the back of a busy period and perhaps player’s mental/physical freshness could use a boost.

This is why he gets paid though, to evaluate players and try and get the best out of them, and that may involve more carrot and less stick for a bit. We will see how they look soon enough.

I agree, its very subjective, but ultimately thats what hes paid to do. If he beasted them this week after losing 4-0 then we lost again he'd get a roasting for working them too hard. I doubt half a day is going to turn them into fatties that cant make it around the pitch

January 24, 2018, 04:28:48 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

For the sake of the club he deserves till the end of the season and not 1 day longer . We need a proper forward thinking Manager with an attractive style of play to go with the money we are spending . We are an attractive proposition as a club and we should be attractive to watch .

I was all up for giving him a chance, and hes had that now. Time to move on. Like every fan Im desperate to win something, im not sure a change of manager will enhance our chances of achieving that or not, but what I do no is if im going to give over my hard earned money I expect a little bit back in entertainment, which is something we currently dont get. At the moment id settle for not winning anything but watching good football, over not winning anything and being served up shite every week.

February 05, 2018, 08:29:10 PM
Reply #5

Waltzer

Worrying to see an article on him saying this season is a right off and that he cant wait for next season

Hopefully hes referring to the fact that next season will be in his luxury villa in the Caribbean after getting a good pay off from us?

February 05, 2018, 11:25:46 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

Moshiri can achieve all this by making the right appointments in top down order but in my opinion he needs the guidance of someone to advise him on all things football unfortunately.

I agree but with his 49.9% share its almost like he doesnt want to have to make the hard decisions? When you look at Everton over the year it smacks of a failed business, failed ground moves, financially in a bit of a mess, loans everywhere, selling all of our assets etc yet we have retained all the same people to a large extent that put us in this position, even promoted some of them. The clubs needs a clear out from the top to bottom. I honestly think we need someone like David Dean to come in and steer this ship away from the cliffs and impending doom!

February 20, 2018, 01:58:37 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Let's be clear. Unsworth wasn't good enough to be Everton manager. Let's also be clear that Unsworth is probably a better manager than Allardyce.

Difficult to assess I suppose, if Unsie took the Oxford job, got them promoted into the Prem or something comparable to what Sam did with Bolton I could see it. Sam isnt what we need and we shouldnt have gone down that route, but I think its a bit disrespectful to even contemplate that Unsworth will be anywhere near the quality of Sam based on his career to date, which consists of an okay record at under 23s, a terrible run as Everton first team manager then not taking over Oxford!

February 26, 2018, 12:52:15 AM
Reply #8

Waltzer

Needs to be a long-term hire, who values youth and will be left the fuck alone for three seasons, minimum.

Im not worried if its a long term appointment or not, whats more important is we have a direction and strategy. Our managerial appointments have no cohesion, there appears to be not forward planning or thought that goes into getting the right manager for our squad which results in the need for major squad overhauls all the time.

February 28, 2018, 04:18:07 PM
Reply #9

Waltzer

Needs to be done as soon as the season ends though, be arsed waiting weeks /  months for a new manager again, especially given that there's a World Cup. So if Fonseca is the man then you'd hope we've already got a deal in place for him ready to be signed.

Needs to be done as soon as were safe id argue. 3 wins in the next 3 games who cares, get him sacked, paid off, get rid of Walsh. Get the rest in place ready to go. They way we've worked previously if we sack him at the end of the season we'll start the following season without a manager!

March 03, 2018, 12:26:05 AM
Reply #10

Waltzer

Based on the news article, Allardyce is paid more by Everton, than Spurs pay Pochettino.  If these figures are acurate, it once again confirms that we are being run by a bunch of clowns

More than Poch, Simeone, Emery and Allegri, isnt he in the top 10 best paid managers in the world?

You couldnt make it up!!

March 03, 2018, 12:37:17 AM
Reply #11

Waltzer

18th when Koeman left and 9th now. That's worth an extra £24m in prize money at the end of the season. Not bad financial business?

Depends if you really think we were in danger of going down, or just had an unbelievable hard start to the season? Weren't we about 10th by the time he took over anyway?

March 05, 2018, 12:51:55 PM
Reply #12

Waltzer

15 years ago maybe!!

Everton’s chief shareholder Farhad Moshiri is ready to make a shock move to take Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to Goodison Park to replace Sam Allardyce if he is sacked by the Gunners, according to a report.

The Daily Star claim on their website that the Toffees’ owner has identified the 68-year-old Frenchman as his ideal manager to take the club forward after their faltering campaign, which saw Ronald Koeman sacked before Allardyce arrived at the helm.

However it is said that Moshiri has already sharpened the axe for the former England boss, and is eyeing up new candidates to take over, with the under-fire Arsenal coach reported to be his number one target in what would be a shock move.
The Premier League stalwart, who has been with the Gunners for over two decades, has seen his place come under pressure once again following the club’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Brighton on Sunday, which was their fourth consecutive defeat, the first time the north London side have suffered such a run in 16 years.

March 07, 2018, 09:45:02 PM
Reply #13

Waltzer

The silence from the club is deafening isn't it. Fuck him now ffs

How can they announce anything? Jim Whites on holiday!