October 22, 2019, 03:32:27 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 168242 times)

January 14, 2018, 02:26:54 AM
Read 168242 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's a bit shit isn't he? I know I should be more moderate about it but it's fucking dull

January 14, 2018, 04:47:55 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's fulfilled exactly the expectations of his career so far and that's just sad really. Defensively minded but ultimately unsuccessful football is not going to take us forward

January 21, 2018, 12:20:06 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We've got the kernel of a good side here, what we don't seem to have is a management team capable of making the most of them. Martinez at least had some sort of philosophy, we don't seem to have anything approaching that since

January 21, 2018, 12:49:29 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Less than 2 months in the job, we are now in the top half and people are having a melt down

I'm not having a meltdown I'm just fucking bored. There's no excuse for a team with those players not doing more

January 21, 2018, 12:52:51 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No excuses, but plenty of reason why.

And some of the players are simply not good enough.

Aside from Martina all of those players today are better quality that West Broms

February 04, 2018, 02:35:11 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The scary thing is if you're looking for where the madness starts, you can probably go a level higher than that.

Moshiri has been happy to write the checks for this train wreck.

There's a bizarre pedigree for the appointments made in terms of what they have achieved but they are all so far from what Everton are trying to do it's ridiculous

February 04, 2018, 04:13:59 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Ultimately, if he keeps us up and then leaves in the summer, he has done the job that was expected of him, but it shouldn't be celebrated and it will be such a shame if it has meant the likes of Vlasic, Holgate, Lookman and Davies want out of the club as they are really who we should be building the team around.

We look like we are further and further away from competing with the top 6, I'd really like to see an emphasis on youth with the next appointment, both in terms of the manager appointed, someone with a more modern, progressive approach and also in terms of some of the older players being cleared out and more faith placed in our excellent youth system

I think this is the crux of it. If we can move him on in the summer and bring someone else in then I can live with this season just about. A new Manager might be able to sell the direction he is going in to some of our younger players.

February 07, 2018, 01:51:31 AM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I do understand why they went for him. I just think him they got it wrong

March 03, 2018, 08:55:33 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There's a good team in this squad somewhere I am certain of it, they have been mismanaged by three consecutive Managers now though and that's hard to recover from

March 04, 2018, 05:41:59 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There are always fans who seem to enjoy being right about this stuff. Few people wanted Allardyce but to be fair he did OK for a bit. He's totally the wrong person for this club but I can still see why the club appointed him at the time.