June 24, 2018, 01:25:29 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 116738 times)

February 13, 2018, 03:23:05 PM
Reply #2145

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We are 2 points off 7th now and since Allardyce took charge we are the 6th best side in the league in terms of points gained

This says a lot more about how bad everyone is outside that top 6 I think.

He's done the job asked and expected I suppose, but now it's time to give him his pay off and get a manager we don't all hate
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 13, 2018, 04:47:43 PM
Reply #2146

Lxxx

We are 2 points off 7th now and since Allardyce took charge we are the 6th best side in the league in terms of points gained

He's done the job asked and expected I suppose, but now it's time to give him his pay off and get a manager we don't all hate

True, his position is pretty untenable really with half the fanbase not wanting him in the first place and the other half justifying to themselves why they don't want him gone.

February 13, 2018, 04:55:51 PM
Reply #2147

van der Meyde

We're only 6th if you include the West Ham match when Unsworth was manager. ;)

7th if you don't. If you extended his record over a 38 game season, we'd be on course to pick up ~56 points which is okay really.

February 13, 2018, 05:22:49 PM
Reply #2148

bogie

well done Big Sam on taking the risk of resting key players V the Arsenal and getting the win you banked on V crystal palace and now with 13 days off a warm break an away win at Watford will or should put all this hate to bed

I did not want Big Sam as manager but he keeps making all the right moves to take us out for the crap we were in and might just turn this season around after all a good summer window is a must this year both ins and outs

February 13, 2018, 05:33:11 PM
Reply #2149

GrantyBoy78

I still think there is a chance Moshiri will keep him on into next season. Moshiri has already spend tens of millions more than he anticipated on hiring/firing managers and I wouldnít be surprised if heís questioning his own judgment after the way Koeman and Silva panned out. If Walsh can convince Moshiri to hire Allardyce, he can probably convince him to give Sam another season.

February 13, 2018, 06:41:43 PM
Reply #2150

Lxxx

I still think there is a chance Moshiri will keep him on into next season. Moshiri has already spend tens of millions more than he anticipated on hiring/firing managers and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s questioning his own judgment after the way Koeman and Silva panned out. If Walsh can convince Moshiri to hire Allardyce, he can probably convince him to give Sam another season.

I can hardly wait for the race to get to 40 points next season then.

February 13, 2018, 06:54:11 PM
Reply #2151

bogie

I can hardly wait for the race to get to 40 points next season then.

you and me both I say jan the 8th 40 points in the bag

February 13, 2018, 07:17:06 PM
Reply #2152

Macca77

I still think there is a chance Moshiri will keep him on into next season. Moshiri has already spend tens of millions more than he anticipated on hiring/firing managers and I wouldnít be surprised if heís questioning his own judgment after the way Koeman and Silva panned out. If Walsh can convince Moshiri to hire Allardyce, he can probably convince him to give Sam another season.

Nah, he knows the majority of our fans don't want Sam, he'll be gone in the summer

February 13, 2018, 07:24:22 PM
Reply #2153

Shogun

Administrator

I donít think itís anywhere near as cut and dry as people make out either
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 13, 2018, 07:29:16 PM
Reply #2154

Juanito

Nah, I think the Mosh is looking for a Hollywood signing....or Silva.

February 13, 2018, 08:21:46 PM
Reply #2155

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber

Forget Sam for a minute, and I acknowledge this is something that I say often, but no team in the PL is bad. What you have is a very competitive league from top to bottom. Every now and again one team will be exceptional (as Man City may be turning out to be - time will tell) but only one team can win it and that doesn't mean all the others are bad. It stops sensible debate to look at it that way.

The fact is we play at an incredibly high level and if we can't grasp that and sit back and moan because some rich man doesn't come in and just buy us success then perhaps we are watching football at the wrong level?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 13, 2018, 08:49:11 PM
Reply #2156

GrantyBoy78

Nah, I think the Mosh is looking for a Hollywood signing....or Silva.
I can totally imagine us (not so discreetly) tapping up loads of managers in the summer only to end up with Allardyce. I just want the manager of DoF sorted ASAP. Iíd rather keep what weíve got than get scrabbling around a week before the season starts. I just donít trust the people in charge to make the right decisions.

February 13, 2018, 08:52:57 PM
Reply #2157

Evertonian in NC

I donít think itís anywhere near as cut and dry as people make out either

True and depressing as fuck.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 13, 2018, 08:54:22 PM
Reply #2158

gizzblue

Forget Sam for a minute, and I acknowledge this is something that I say often, but no team in the PL is bad. What you have is a very competitive league from top to bottom. Every now and again one team will be exceptional (as Man City may be turning out to be - time will tell) but only one team can win it and that doesn't mean all the others are bad. It stops sensible debate to look at it that way.

The fact is we play at an incredibly high level and if we can't grasp that and sit back and moan because some rich man doesn't come in and just buy us success then perhaps we are watching football at the wrong level?
Don't think anybody really expected us to break top four, top six maybe ... but either way a small improvement on last year Would ve been the target ... but to fuck about sacking a manager with no idea who to bring in ,then hiring shite Walsh(last year),Sam this...players not being scouted properly others left to go but no being replaced ...and the whole left back debacle .....is just piss poor management at every level, to go as far backwards off the field as we have is utter shit, money or no money .

And the fans have every right to expect better .no?.

February 13, 2018, 09:58:57 PM
Reply #2159

plumber

I think it will depend on results. If we finish 7th he'll probably stay and (probably) rightly so.
Nah, he knows the majority of our fans don't want Sam, he'll be gone in the summer

I'd like to believe that Moshiri is intelligent enough to give a flying fuck what majority of our fans want. Letting the fans decide who should be a football club manager is a sure way to fail.