December 12, 2018, 04:06:48 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136889 times)

February 17, 2018, 12:55:27 AM
Reply #15

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
it was not funny the 1st time you said this

Time and time again I see the argument "well your grammar sucks so you must be stupid" or "you spelled this wrong, you must be stupid" as part of a debate. Really, I have to ask... why? Personally I don't think it has any place in a debate, unless that debate happens to be about grammar/spelling (or if someone's throwing out personal attacks based on grammar/spelling but can't master their own... but that's beside this particular point).

It simply seems immature to me, like something you would do to derail the debate train when you know you're losing. I admit, it's something I used to do, but those moments for me now are few and far between. Given that I sadly see this used constantly in this forum, I figured this would be the best place to ask.

So, if you do like to use this sort of crutch in an argument, then why?
 Or, if you don't, why do you think people do?

I am genuinely interested in knowing if you are from England or not, thats all. I'm not asking to cause an argument, or deflect from the topic.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 03, 2018, 08:35:10 PM
Reply #16

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
There is no way he CANT be sacked tonight, surely!?

Vamos lá Everton!

March 04, 2018, 12:18:05 AM
Reply #17

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Get Wenger in.  Least he is capable of signing decent players and playing football.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 04, 2018, 01:08:55 AM
Reply #18

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Relax those eye-brows before you do yourself a mischief ;)

Excuse me?

Vamos lá Everton!

March 05, 2018, 06:17:12 PM
Reply #19

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I can't imagine for one second Craig Shakespeare undermining the current boss with a view to taking it on himself.  Its not like he's ever done it before?

ooooohhhh

Vamos lá Everton!