September 22, 2018, 02:27:28 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 127272 times)

February 15, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Reply #2205

KoemansNumberTens

I just want a manager who doesn't aim for the gutter and treat it as a miracle when he over achieves it.

Managers are all self serving. Martinez who apparently got us had all the excuses in the world the 2 seasons we were shit. We were the last English team in Europe on account of being shite on a Thursday rather than a Wednesday

February 15, 2018, 12:07:00 AM
Reply #2206

Lxxx

Is par that bad for the first 6 months of a new manager?

I guess the issue for me is that we can't attract anyone of proven quality. We got it wrong with Martinez. We got it wrong with koeman. People are now saying we got it wrong with allardyce (despite it being par which ain't so bad) so that's what over 30m on manager payoffs if we get rid again and then another punt with zero track record. Sorry I'm just not in that much of a rush for another manager. Certainly not 1 regardless of the current 1s performance and regardless of who the next 1 might be

We need a manager whose mentality isn't self limiting. All his career has been spent downplaying expectations and playing horrible football. When we find ourselves a stones throw away from probable european football again next season he tells us we need to get to 40 points. I can well imagine his pre season talk will centre around getting to 40 points and then let's take the shackles off.

Is this what we had in mind when we got the influx of cash and the promise of a new era? I'm willing to take the chance on a new guy who might have the vision and the charisma to get on board with trying to catch the teams above us not make sure we don't spend another £100m and get sucked into a relegation fight.

February 15, 2018, 12:11:59 AM
Reply #2207

Macca77

Id like a manager with ambition and not one who's sees keeping a team like us up as an achievement

February 15, 2018, 12:14:41 AM
Reply #2208

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's just not true though. The truth is he vastly improved Bolton Sunderland and palace and the likes of West Ham and Newcastle proved to be worse when he left

Again this isn't 5 years in of doing okay. It's a few months. If we are talking allardyce or simeone. Then obviously we'd change. We aren't though. We are talking allardyce or absolutely anyone because we've decided he's beneath us.

And youíve seen enough from his last 10-15 years of management to decide heís the man to help us step up?

I just donít believe you like. I think youíre a natural contrarian, you donít like the popular swing and youíre able to build a cogent argument against it so you do, but Iím not buying it for one minute you think heís good enough.

He fucking retired 6 months ago, heís done mate.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 15, 2018, 12:34:57 AM
Reply #2209

bogie

He fucking retired 6 months ago, he’s done mate.

lol tell that to the manager of bayern munich  3/4 years out of the game he is not doing to bad is he

February 15, 2018, 12:38:13 AM
Reply #2210

Lxxx

lol tell that to the manager of bayern munich  3/4 years out of the game he is not doing to bad is he

If you're going to contribute to this discussion at least make it relevant.

February 15, 2018, 12:39:22 AM
Reply #2211

bogie

If you're going to contribute to this discussion at least make it relevant.

right back at you

February 15, 2018, 12:46:58 AM
Reply #2212

KoemansNumberTens

And youíve seen enough from his last 10-15 years of management to decide heís the man to help us step up?

I just donít believe you like. I think youíre a natural contrarian, you donít like the popular swing and youíre able to build a cogent argument against it so you do, but Iím not buying it for one minute you think heís good enough.

He fucking retired 6 months ago, heís done mate.

Said this before but while on here people seem to assume I'm purposely setting out opinions that go against the masses I'm actually bang in the middle of what other football fans think. My opinions are just without the blue tinted glasses.

Sam allardyce has had a relatively successful career. He's done an okay job here. Managers who do okay for 6 months don't normally face widespread calls for them to be sacked. Sorry but they aren't wild opinions looking for arguments

My opinions on lukaku are currently being echoed on Utd forums. I'm really not sure what I say that's so ridiculous.

February 15, 2018, 01:15:35 AM
Reply #2213

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
That's just not true though. The truth is he vastly improved Bolton Sunderland and palace and the likes of West Ham and Newcastle proved to be worse when he left

Again this isn't 5 years in of doing okay. It's a few months. If we are talking allardyce or simeone. Then obviously we'd change. We aren't though. We are talking allardyce or absolutely anyone because we've decided he's beneath us.
Don't think it's fair to say taking over W Ham in the championship and leaving them in the PL is 'worse off'.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 15, 2018, 01:18:12 AM
Reply #2214

bogie

Don't think it's fair to say taking over W Ham in the championship and leaving them in the PL is 'worse off'.

no what he is saying if they got ride thinking they would be better of for it and they both over time ended up worse off for it one more than the other

February 15, 2018, 01:37:35 AM
Reply #2215

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
no what he is saying if they got ride thinking they would be better of for it and they both over time ended up worse off for it one more than the other
Don't quite understand that?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 15, 2018, 01:50:41 AM
Reply #2216

KoemansNumberTens

Don't quite understand that?

Well West Ham and Newcastle both sacked him thinking they could do better and did infact do worse. I genuinely don't think he's done a bad job anywhere yet people on here talk as if he's useless and it's not even like he's doing a bad job here

February 15, 2018, 01:53:59 AM
Reply #2217

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Well West Ham and Newcastle both sacked him thinking they could do better and did infact do worse. I genuinely don't think he's done a bad job anywhere yet people on here talk as if he's useless and it's not even like he's doing a bad job here
Agreed

February 15, 2018, 02:17:04 AM
Reply #2218

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
But we dont want a manager telling us that once we are safe we will play certain players.

We don't want a manager dropping all our attacking players cos there's a chance we could lose this game but we may win the next

We don't want a manger who claims glory every game he wins, blames the players every time we lose

I'm not sure what people don't get about this

We are on the cusp of going forward, money, stadium, infrastructure. Why can't we get in a manager who isn't Allardyce
Simply simply lovely

February 15, 2018, 02:29:07 AM
Reply #2219

KoemansNumberTens

But we dont want a manager telling us that once we are safe we will play certain players.

We don't want a manager dropping all our attacking players cos there's a chance we could lose this game but we may win the next

We don't want a manger who claims glory every game he wins, blames the players every time we lose

I'm not sure what people don't get about this

We are on the cusp of going forward, money, stadium, infrastructure. Why can't we get in a manager who isn't Allardyce

I just want a manager that gets us points. So far points wise he's doing okay.

I agree in terms of ambition against the bigger sides. The playing certain players... maybe they aren't ready and playing them when the season is over then giving them a full preseason is the way to go? Honestly we don't know.

The problem I have isn't people saying what about say silva he's better because of this this and this. It's we want anyone but allardyce regardless of how allardyce does

We could go on a decent run to the end of the season finish 7th. Actually average a good amount of points under allardyce and still almost everyone would rather almost anyone but allardyce. That's just closed off thinking. It's not reasonable.

There's plenty of players I don't like. If I was on here saying I don't care how well Keane does for the rest of the season i want him gone regardless and replaced by almost anyone people would think I'm a lunatic.