June 23, 2018, 01:41:04 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 116609 times)

February 24, 2018, 10:46:10 PM
Reply #2430

KoemansNumberTens

And yet, he's got a better PL win percentage than Allardyce has ever achieved at any club.

Each to their own. I thought we were shambolic. I think most would agree. We got a couple of very lucky results but in terms of actually being good at the job and a long term success not a chance for me.

February 24, 2018, 11:04:31 PM
Reply #2431

Ridge

Each to their own. I thought we were shambolic. I think most would agree. We got a couple of very lucky results but in terms of actually being good at the job and a long term success not a chance for me.

I'm certinaly judging him on more than 450 mins of football after Koeman left us in a poo storm.

He inherited a shambles, 8 games in a little over 3 weeks, no transfer window. It was the boards handling of his situation that was shambolic. But still got a better PL win record than Allardyce has got in career.  ;)

February 24, 2018, 11:14:23 PM
Reply #2432

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

You can’t use the “footy may be shite but points are points” thing for Allardyce and not for Unsworth btw.

February 25, 2018, 12:32:47 AM
Reply #2433

Ridge

Under Allardyce in PL we average 2.64 shots on target per game.

RS average 2.58 goals per game in all comps this season.

February 25, 2018, 01:21:30 AM
Reply #2434

Cozzie

Turned the club around so he says.

February 25, 2018, 01:24:49 AM
Reply #2435

blue1948

Really? I didn't address the points were the poster claimed Big Sam was happy to lose to Spurs and Arsenal and happy to win one game in six because no-one, apart from those unwilling to give him a chance, think that at all.
Happy to finish seventh? Yes. Happy at the circumstances that mean it'll be that way for a while? No.
Make an argument for us to finish in the top six and then we can see if he's up to the job. 
They were Sam's own words in the snips on the Everton site not my words

February 25, 2018, 01:40:30 AM
Reply #2436

Hannibal Lecter

Jönköpings Södra IF

February 25, 2018, 01:41:24 AM
Reply #2437

Martip

Gotta say he's getting on my tits

February 25, 2018, 01:52:39 AM
Reply #2438

Lxxx

We don't. That's my point. Whoever is the manager he will be faced with the same, currently insurmountable, problems Sam faces.

Well let’s do it with a man who will at least give it a go and give the fans a chance to dream, instead of one who will write off at least a dozen games a year before a ball is kicked.

February 25, 2018, 03:00:03 AM
Reply #2439

Bluedylan

Shame on those that have tolerated, defended and even actively supported this man, who is not even close to being an Everton manager.

Have a bit more pride in the club and raise your fucking expectations out of the gutter.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 25, 2018, 03:06:57 AM
Reply #2440

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It's pretty black and white to be honest.  What we're getting with him is exactly what we knew we'd get, and to expect him to suddenly change and become a progressive manager is completely unrealistic.

If you're supporting him you're essentially saying that you're happy with going to Watford and hoping to nick a draw.  Because that's what he'll be doing this time next year if he's still here.

February 25, 2018, 03:10:48 AM
Reply #2441

blue slug

It's pretty black and white to be honest.  What we're getting with him is exactly what we knew we'd get, and to expect him to suddenly change and become a progressive manager is completely unrealistic.

If you're supporting him you're essentially saying that you're happy with going to Watford and hoping to nick a draw.  Because that's what he'll be doing this time next year if he's still here.

I’ll put my hands up and admit I thought he’d do ok, how wrong I was he’s a fucking gimp

February 25, 2018, 03:14:20 AM
Reply #2442

Gash

Global Moderator
I wouldn't even wait until the end of the season, just fuck him off and start the rebuild now. We're in limbo as long as he's here and there's no point having another season in limbo.

Outside the top 5 (sixish if you include Arsenal) the rest of the teams in the league aren't great and we're still in a position where we're one of, if not the best equipped club to break into the top 6, giving this egotistical twat another season is just going to push us further away from the top and nearer the bottom.

Move him on, thanks for fuck all and enjoy your retirement.

February 25, 2018, 03:15:03 AM
Reply #2443

Toffee1

This sums up best what we should be aspiring to:

Nīl satis nisi optimum,  "Only the best is good enough".

Under Sam Allardyce, we stand no chance of achieving it and/or getting even halfway close.

February 25, 2018, 03:26:40 AM
Reply #2444

bacon sarnie

This sums up best what we should be aspiring to:

Nīl satis nisi optimum,  "Only the best is good enough".

Under Sam Allardyce, we stand no chance of achieving it and/or getting even halfway close.

No Sam Nuff Of!