October 16, 2018, 10:48:52 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 130284 times)

February 27, 2018, 09:22:41 PM
Reply #2565

Shogun

Administrator
Neither of them we're capable of achieving the aspirations that have come out of his mouth.

Koeman potentially could have, things just didnít work out.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 27, 2018, 09:29:52 PM
Reply #2566

Ross

Koeman potentially could have, things just didnít work out.

No manager whoís teams regularly go on 8/9/10 game losing/drawing streaks will ever be capable of finishing in the upper echelons of this league, and then thereís his awful record in the cups to consider.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 27, 2018, 10:20:47 PM
Reply #2567

kramer0

The only thing separating Koeman from the boring, old-school English managers is his nationality and pedigree as a player. Same emphasis on defending, same reliance on crossing and individual quality for goals, same lack of ideas when things go wrong. Maybe he wants to "pressĒ a little more without the ball but his approach to possession/attack is as sporadically effective as Allardyce's.

Southampton had a team with quality players that was built to put crosses into the box and feed off of long balls. Sort of like Moyes' Everton. It seems great when it works but there's a limit to how much a team can achieve that way (barring a sustained run of luck).

I'll freely admit that I was duped by Koeman's Southampton results and thought he had the potential to do more. Lesson learned.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:39:42 PM by kramer0 »

February 27, 2018, 10:20:49 PM
Reply #2568

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworths got a lot more experience and credentials than Arteta only a madman would consider him at this stage.

<enters stage left Moshiri>

Unsworth fluffed his rehearsal imo, would be extremely worried about him coming in.

Arteta is the future, embrace it, thereís a beautiful circularity to it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 27, 2018, 10:23:05 PM
Reply #2569

Rodenplav64

Neither of them we're capable of achieving the aspirations that have come out of his mouth.

Maybe he should keep his mouth shut . He comes out with some of the same shite we thought we had heard the last of .

February 27, 2018, 10:48:09 PM
Reply #2570

Hawkandro

The only thing separating Koeman from the boring, old-school English managers is his nationality and pedigree as a player. Same emphasis on defending, same reliance on crossing and individual quality for goals, same lack of ideas when things go wrong. Maybe he wants to "press” a little more without the ball but his approach to possession/attack is as sporadically effective as Allardyce's.

Southampton had a team with quality players that was built to put crosses into the box and feed off of long balls. Sort of like Moyes' Everton. It seems great when it works but there's a limit to how much a team can achieve that way (barring a sustained run of luck).

I'll freely admit that I was duped by Koeman's Southampton results and thought he had the potential to do more. Lesson learned.

Which is why I was confused when he overloaded on No.10's. You look at his Southampton side and he had wingers pinging crosses into a target man. Makes you wonder though, how much input did he have in transfers whilst there? Martina, aside (obvs).
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 27, 2018, 11:06:04 PM
Reply #2571

Macca77

Talksport saying Sam should be binned

February 27, 2018, 11:17:05 PM
Reply #2572

Macca77

Adrian Durham bigging us up here, he must be ill

February 28, 2018, 12:59:23 AM
Reply #2573

sam of the south

Adrian Durham bigging us up here, he must be ill

Really, what did he say?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 28, 2018, 01:03:41 AM
Reply #2574

benny

NSNO Subscriber
Talksport saying Sam should be binned

this  :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

February 28, 2018, 01:16:31 AM
Reply #2575

Macca77

Really, what did he say?

Massive club, amazing fans who deserve to be challenging the shite and Spurs for top 4 top, so thank Allardyce for the job hes done, move him on and get a top manager to come in now, no point in waiting til the summer

February 28, 2018, 01:21:59 AM
Reply #2576

Evertonian in NC

Both of Moshiriís manager appointments have been normal tbf

No, Allardyce was in no way, shape, or form a "normal" appointment.  I will admit I am wrong should any club with the slightest amount of pedigree or self-respect give him another job in the future.

But it won't happen.  He'd be lucky to get any Premiership appointment whatsoever in his present, disgraced state.

Made us look like bloody fools and amateurs, which tbf, we are.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 28, 2018, 01:25:07 AM
Reply #2577

blue slug

Massive club, amazing fans who deserve to be challenging the shite and Spurs for top 4 top, so thank Allardyce for the job hes done, move him on and get a top manager to come in now, no point in waiting til the summer

Iím not a Adrian Durham fan as he talks bollocks normally but heís correct this time

February 28, 2018, 01:47:17 AM
Reply #2578

Lxxx

Yeh coz top managers will be able to leave clubs in March.

February 28, 2018, 04:47:44 AM
Reply #2579

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Telegraph running an article tonight saying moshiri is running out of patience with Allardyce
Bascome too, he's a local lad

Star running similar

The nets tightening
Simply simply lovely