December 13, 2018, 12:23:29 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 73681 times)

June 22, 2018, 09:30:41 PM
Reply #1515

Bluedylan

Yep, got a lot of weight of those young shoulders hasn't he, the crocodile tears might just deflect some the attention away from his constant diving, the dirty rotten cheater

He is a prima donna, but he also does get fouled a lot all game long, that doesn't get called. I just think if you watched a documentary of 'life as Neymar', it'd be obvious the massive stresses that he'd be under constantly. Amazing rewards as well like, and I'm not saying he deserves sympathy for that. More the reason than someone in his position would cry out of relief. The weight of Brazil's football heritage on his shoulders, after the pain of 4 years ago. We're mad about football in the UK, but that's a different level of expectation and pressure in Brazil.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 22, 2018, 10:11:38 PM
Reply #1516

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think people judge others very harshly. Because they wealthy etc. Their level of stress, pressure and responsibility is on another level compared to anything we would have to deal with. That isnít to say that our problems are small or insignificant. Just that everybody is affected by stress and pressure.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 22, 2018, 10:17:08 PM
Reply #1517

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think people judge others very harshly. Because they wealthy etc. Their level of stress, pressure and responsibility is on another level compared to anything we would have to deal with. That isnít to say that our problems are small or insignificant. Just that everybody is affected by stress and pressure.

They narrowly beat the international equivalent of West Brom in a group game. I remember we all took the piss out of the redshite when they did their bow after securing a late draw against the mighty West Brom at home.

I get what you're saying though. Life is very tough at the top. And can be very lonely too. And haters gonna hate.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 22, 2018, 10:30:50 PM
Reply #1518

Bluedylan

They narrowly beat the international equivalent of West Brom in a group game. I remember we all took the piss out of the redshite when they did their bow after securing a late draw against the mighty West Brom at home.

I get what you're saying though. Life is very tough at the top. And can be very lonely too. And haters gonna hate.

One's a world cup, every 4 years after drawing their first game, the other is a random Prem game.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 22, 2018, 10:31:55 PM
Reply #1519

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not having the tears myself.

One of the themes of the World Cup has been massive over reactions from players after the final whistle for me.

June 22, 2018, 10:34:09 PM
Reply #1520

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One's a world cup, every 4 years after drawing their first game, the other is a random Prem game.

But it's just a group game. I could maybe understand if it was the knockout phase. I don't recall any England player crying in the more tense group of death back in 1990 for example which had much more riding on it than this game. Only in the semis did we see any tears then.

Think it's an overreaction. But hey ho, doesn't really matter much.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 22, 2018, 10:47:51 PM
Reply #1521

Omar

Great balls-in by Gylfi!
You come at the king, you best not miss.

June 22, 2018, 11:12:15 PM
Reply #1522

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Been some great goals this World Cup and thatís right up there.

June 22, 2018, 11:13:12 PM
Reply #1523

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Come on Iceland.

June 22, 2018, 11:36:28 PM
Reply #1524

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ah well. At least one of our most important players will get a decent rest before starting pre-season with the rest of the lads.

June 22, 2018, 11:39:34 PM
Reply #1525

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That should be a penalty.

June 22, 2018, 11:40:08 PM
Reply #1526

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Come on Nigeria. Hold on boys.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 22, 2018, 11:40:22 PM
Reply #1527

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
VAR to the rescue again.

June 22, 2018, 11:40:24 PM
Reply #1528

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can see him missing

June 22, 2018, 11:41:40 PM
Reply #1529

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oh noooooo