December 12, 2018, 02:23:54 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 84897 times)

December 19, 2017, 04:29:56 AM
Reply #285

Smingers

No one according to Sam. No big name strikers will be looking to move is what he said

December 19, 2017, 04:30:29 AM
Reply #286

Lxxx

Still think we need a cf, massively

We do need one, but in a second half of the season where there's not much at stake nor to play for then it might be wise to keep our powder dry until the summer.

December 19, 2017, 04:32:13 AM
Reply #287

Heisenberg

We do need one, but in a second half of the season where there's not much at stake nor to play for then it might be wise to keep our powder dry until the summer.

More so if theres no real intention of keeping Allardyce beyond the summer. Add bolasie, barkley? and coleman. Buy one left back and that team should be good enough to get europa

December 19, 2017, 04:33:33 AM
Reply #288

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather we kept with DCL up top and let him continue his development.

Same with the likes of Holgate, Davies and Kenny.

Weve got a lot of players to come back and I think we're finishing top 8 quite comfortably.

Anyone that comes in January won't make that much of a difference.

December 19, 2017, 04:34:57 AM
Reply #289

Toddacelli

Don't forget that our finishing position will determine what players come to us.

If we get into Europa spots it will mean a world of difference to our sumer window.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 19, 2017, 04:36:10 AM
Reply #290

Outworlder47

We don't need much more. Might be able to get away with just a left back, honestly.

The summer is a better time for bigger moves.

Agreed, aside from another threat up front and maybe a backup LB, we're actually in decent shape from a squad perspective. Baines, Coleman, Funes Mori, McCarthy, and Bolasie are all set to return. (Plus Barkley, technically, though I have my doubts he plays for Everton again.) We're in need of a bit of a trim, so I'd not be surprised if we see a 3-out, 1-in window, with a net profit from the window.

December 19, 2017, 04:37:22 AM
Reply #291

Macca77

No point in panic buying is there, if we bring a couple in great, if not then it's not a disaster is it

December 19, 2017, 04:38:07 AM
Reply #292

Lxxx

I'd rather we kept with DCL up top and let him continue his development.

Same with the likes of Holgate, Davies and Kenny.

Weve got a lot of players to come back and I think we're finishing top 8 quite comfortably.

Anyone that comes in January won't make that much of a difference.

I'd agree with that. We could also bank some decent cash for the summer if any club are in panic mode and want to offer decent money for the likes of Mirallas, Klaassan, McCarthy etc... and Barkley eventually goes. Coleman and Bolasie will be like two new signings to bed in as well.

December 19, 2017, 05:10:37 AM
Reply #293

bluenuck

I think if we can find players we want to fit into our squad long term then we should try to go for them. Especially at LB, CB, and CF.

But No stop gaps are needed now, with maybe the exception of a left footed defender. As we look to be finishing comfortably mid table or a little better.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:11:47 AM by bluenuck »

December 19, 2017, 05:11:34 AM
Reply #294

Cereal Killer

lolol got to love the fickle fans

4 games ago DCL was shit and Championship standard at best, and now we don't even need a striker in Jan and we should still be getting Europa League

Wonder which way the wind will blow if Chelsea hump us

December 19, 2017, 05:13:44 AM
Reply #295

bluenuck

lolol got to love the fickle fans

4 games ago DCL was shit and Championship standard at best, and now we don't even need a striker in Jan and we should still be getting Europa League

Wonder which way the wind will blow if Chelsea hump us

I don't think people think he's this world class player. He's just good enough to get us through the rest of this season so we don't have to blow our wads on a player like Rondon to help keep us up.

In the summer we 100% will need a striker.

December 19, 2017, 04:11:43 PM
Reply #296

Hawkandro

I still think Giroud will come in, unless Marseille come back in for him.

Other than that, if the choice is DCL or one of Carroll, Deeney or Benteke, I would rather let DCL continue up front. Fuck wasting 40m+ on one of those.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 19, 2017, 04:35:21 PM
Reply #297

Macca77

Deeney is massively shit
Carroll is an overrated injury prone shitehawk, anyone who calls their child Wolf Nine can fuck right off
Benteke is bang average

Save the money until the summer.

December 19, 2017, 04:55:54 PM
Reply #298

Lincs Toffee

Can see us going for maybe a loan in January, the likes of Giroud would be perfect but wouldn't mind Walcott to be honest either, both must be looking at a move to play regularly before the world cup.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

December 19, 2017, 05:58:26 PM
Reply #299

Dr. Sponge

Niasse just isn't good enough... his shit runs and shit hold up play stop our attacks before they've even started.

Sandro... fuck knows what's happened there. He must look awful in training for 3 different managers to not fancy him.

So that leaves DCL as our only option. I like him, but we need to add another striker in January 100%. A striker that improves the team preferably, but whether that's viable or not is yet to be seen. If it was me, the least I would do is bring in a central striker on the same level as DCL, for fresh legs and rotation.