November 19, 2018, 11:49:08 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 83706 times)

December 02, 2017, 07:19:15 PM
Read 83706 times

Lxxx

Full back fair enough. Not sure we need to be looking at the plural.

December 03, 2017, 04:31:02 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Raid Leicester and Palace basically.

Demari Gray, Vardy and Chilwell (KT at Celtic is joined at the hip to the club, just signed a 6 year deal,otherwise would be my ideal choice)

Will Hughes from Watford and Zaha and (I know we cant have him in january as he is a chelsea loanee) Loftus Cheek.

CBs are tough to find.

I do wonder how Rondon would do away from WBA.

Are Leicester 'raidable'? Their owner has a bigger wedge than ours and they'd back themselves to be finishing higher than us this season. I can understand them letting Drinkwater go to Chelsea as it'd be a step up for the lad but I can't imagine Gray/Vardy/Chilwell pushing for a move to us if they refused our approaches and they offered them a payrise too.

December 04, 2017, 07:34:18 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

We should be following the model of Dortmund, RB Leipzig and to an extent, Spurs. Signing players in the 20-25yo age bracket, that have not yet developed in to CL players.

Hopefully that's the model our DoF has relayed to his mate.

December 04, 2017, 07:44:10 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Can't see Giroud here unless he he splits from his missus because it was apparently her that wouldn't make the move from London. So @TheTone - fancy getting yourself down that there London and putting Olivier on the losing side of a love triangle?

That's the only way it's going to happen.

6 months to save his world cup dream? I think his missus would do as she's told if this was the case.

December 05, 2017, 05:34:27 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Mirror reporting Van Aanholt, unsurprisingly

Someone's agent has been quick off the mark then.

December 05, 2017, 08:10:38 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Thankfully Kevin Nolan has retired otherwise he'd be here no question.

December 05, 2017, 08:56:54 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

A gang of expensive, post-peak players should sort the club right out.

This is my fear and one I hope Walsh has a remit to avoid.

December 05, 2017, 09:47:27 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

I'd like to see us move on from Giroud now. He's turned us down once and it's not as if he's head and shoulders above what we can attract. 

No but he's about as good as we can attract in January.

December 05, 2017, 10:04:48 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

If it's quick and a bit cheaper than last time then I have no problem with it. We can't start the whole fucking process again though

I'm sure he wouldn't want to come for any longer than until the end of the season and depending on how Sam wants to set us up that would work for us too.

December 05, 2017, 10:21:48 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

I've no idea I'm just postulating. Then again he might fancy the south of France for a few months instead. I'm sure he wouldn't be short of offers should he persuade Arsene to let him go to save his world cup dream.

December 06, 2017, 05:19:39 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

I don't think we should be buying players past their best in January just to try and finish a place or two higher. Got to be thinking of next season and beyond with any purchases now and how we're looking to set up with a run at a full season and trophies. If Giroud wants to come on loan for example to keep his world cup prospects alive then we've got to look to replace him next season with a player that can slot into a way of playing that has been honed in the second half of the campaign.

December 08, 2017, 07:30:01 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

January doesn't really look like the busy window we feared it had to be last month. A new left back maybe and as others have mentioned everything else can, if it has to, wait till the summer. We've got Coleman to come back in as well as Bolasie and a few players now starting to step up like Sig. Our squad is pretty big in number when everyone is fit and if even half of them were playing like they could we wouldn't be in the situation we are.

December 19, 2017, 04:30:29 AM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Still think we need a cf, massively

We do need one, but in a second half of the season where there's not much at stake nor to play for then it might be wise to keep our powder dry until the summer.

December 19, 2017, 04:38:07 AM
Reply #13

Lxxx

I'd rather we kept with DCL up top and let him continue his development.

Same with the likes of Holgate, Davies and Kenny.

Weve got a lot of players to come back and I think we're finishing top 8 quite comfortably.

Anyone that comes in January won't make that much of a difference.

I'd agree with that. We could also bank some decent cash for the summer if any club are in panic mode and want to offer decent money for the likes of Mirallas, Klaassan, McCarthy etc... and Barkley eventually goes. Coleman and Bolasie will be like two new signings to bed in as well.

December 20, 2017, 03:28:30 AM
Reply #14

Lxxx

Well Giroudís hamstring has just gone so that might rule him out of a loan move in January.