December 11, 2018, 02:27:46 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 84741 times)

December 06, 2017, 07:20:30 PM
Reply #180

Toddacelli

Shame it's not worked out.

We've not begun to find out if there's a player here yet imo.

He's not going to adjust from the sidelines is he?

If we move him on - even at a profit - before he gets a fair go, I'll be well pissed off -

At Barcelona from 14 years old
Got into the first team and scored 2 in 14 apps
Spent a year at Malaga and scored 14 in 30
Came to us and rotted on the bench.

When we're crying out for goals this is just ridiculous.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 06, 2017, 08:07:31 PM
Reply #181

Waltzer

If we move him on - even at a profit - before he gets a fair go, I'll be well pissed off -

I wish he had a better crack, the frustration is he'll probably play in a team tomorrow that is full of players out of form or disillusioned in a dead rubber where you're manager isnt even present, doesn't exactly boded well for him. There have certainly been better players than him to have failed at a move but I really thought we had something in the summer when he came in

December 06, 2017, 09:06:39 PM
Reply #182

Danny

Arkadjusz Milik from Napoli would be a great buy upfront. Not getting a sniff with the front 3 of Mertens, Insigne and Callejon.
We'll end up with Jason Lee or Kevin Davies though.

They’re all quality players ahead of him but is it not because he’s struggled since his leg break as well?

December 06, 2017, 10:00:04 PM
Reply #183

Hawkandro

I agree, 100%. I want to see him and Klaassen afforded every opportunity to settle.

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 06, 2017, 10:12:16 PM
Reply #184

Toddacelli

I agree, 100%. I want to see him and Klaassen afforded every opportunity to settle.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna be ok this season (i.e. not relegated) so we should use every opportunity to get these two up to speed. They can't do it from the bench.

December 06, 2017, 10:43:26 PM
Reply #185

mikey_blue

The only position I think we need is a cover left back. Everything else can wait till summer.

Everything else is pretty much a write off.

December 06, 2017, 10:52:41 PM
Reply #186

KoemansNumberTens

The only position I think we need is a cover left back. Everything else can wait till summer.

Everything else is pretty much a write off.

Why wait though? Why not get players in now if the right 1s are available

December 06, 2017, 11:03:32 PM
Reply #187

mikey_blue

Why wait though? Why not get players in now if the right 1s are available

Because no one is going to sell a top striker in January especially teams below us, staying on the premiership is far more valuable than selling their best players for prices they’re not worth.

I agree if the right players are available, then go for it. We don’t need to panic buy a Troy Deeney for 40m though.

December 06, 2017, 11:47:16 PM
Reply #188

Juanito

Because no one is going to sell a top striker in January especially teams below us, staying on the premiership is far more valuable than selling their best players for prices they’re not worth.

I agree if the right players are available, then go for it. We don’t need to panic buy a Troy Deeney for 40m though.

We can sign players from abroad

December 07, 2017, 12:06:29 AM
Reply #189

van der Meyde

This hasn't been true for a good two months now.

Can we stop pretending it is?

December 07, 2017, 03:21:26 AM
Reply #190

mikey_blue

We can sign players from abroad

Not really something we do very often.

December 07, 2017, 03:32:52 AM
Reply #191

Toddacelli

This hasn't been true for a good two months now.

Can we stop pretending it is?

Nope. Not yet because I disagree.

Rooney gets injured and we're left with the bulk of the goalscoring resting on the shoulders of Niasse.

DCL and Sigurdsson may get a couple but let me repeat that one more time for those in the obstructed view seats:

1 injury away from all our hopes resting on Niasse.

And that's not even mentioning that with Rooney injured we would be less effective in creating goalscoring opportunities.

So are we really not crying out for another goalscorer in the team? Is that sorted now?

December 07, 2017, 03:48:28 AM
Reply #192

penguinofdoom1878

Nope. Not yet because I disagree.

Rooney gets injured and we're left with the bulk of the goalscoring resting on the shoulders of Niasse.

DCL and Sigurdsson may get a couple but let me repeat that one more time for those in the obstructed view seats:

1 injury away from all our hopes resting on Niasse.

And that's not even mentioning that with Rooney injured we would be less effective in creating goalscoring opportunities.

So are we really not crying out for another goalscorer in the team? Is that sorted now?

Rooney 8
Niasse 6
Calvert Lewin 5
Baines 3
Sigurdsson 3
Williams 2
Keane 1
Gueye 1
Vlasic 1

Games 27 - Goals 30

im with you we need more goals

Last two months

P 13 W 3 D 2 L 8 F 18 A 29 Diff -11

Although we have scored 13 in our last 6

December 07, 2017, 04:41:10 AM
Reply #193

van der Meyde

We have scored more goals than 11 other teams in the Premier League. The problems you've listed exist for all bar about 4 teams in the Premier League.

Rooney and Niasse - the "big 6" teams aside - are right there at the top of the top scorers charts. Across all competitions, Calvert-Lewin's scored 6 and made 4. Sandro has scored 1.

You're acting like Sandro hasn't been given a fair crack, but that's not really true. He was given plenty of game time when we were struggling to score and he didn't contribute.

It would be nice to have a fourth striker contributing. Of course it would. But we play one up front. Game time is limited for him because other players have been contributing much more than he has. I'm sorry but that's just the way it works and just the way it should do too.

December 07, 2017, 05:03:41 AM
Reply #194

Toddacelli

We have scored more goals than 11 other teams in the Premier League. The problems you've listed exist for all bar about 4 teams in the Premier League.

Rooney and Niasse - the "big 6" teams aside - are right there at the top of the top scorers charts. Across all competitions, Calvert-Lewin's scored 6 and made 4. Sandro has scored 1.

You're acting like Sandro hasn't been given a fair crack, but that's not really true. He was given plenty of game time when we were struggling to score and he didn't contribute.

It would be nice to have a fourth striker contributing. Of course it would. But we play one up front. Game time is limited for him because other players have been contributing much more than he has. I'm sorry but that's just the way it works and just the way it should do too.

He has had some game time but not much, and in some games we weren't getting a sniff. I also don't think we've had the right shape or played him in the right way.

So the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

But I'd love to find a way to use him effectively this season.