April 20, 2018, 02:44:49 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 68861 times)

December 26, 2017, 03:18:05 PM
Reply #435

Ramjam

Stephen Naismith
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 26, 2017, 04:51:26 PM
Reply #436

eugene

Exactly the same, a monster defender great in the air and quick on the grass, with the added bonus be scores goals. Beginning to think we got the wrong Leicester scout.
Quick on the grass is he a pot head?

December 26, 2017, 04:53:05 PM
Reply #437

eugene

18m in this age of ridiculous transfer fees and the fact it's Brighton he's going to suggests that no-one sets any store by the Scottish Premier League anymore.
I can't even remember the last striker from Scotland that has even held his own in the EPL.
Big Dunk perhaps?

December 26, 2017, 05:32:09 PM
Reply #438

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It sounds like Nzonzi will only happen if a few midfielders leave. Priority seems to be a striker and left back which makes absolute sense

December 26, 2017, 05:34:18 PM
Reply #439

Lxxx

It sounds like Nzonzi will only happen if a few midfielders leave. Priority seems to be a striker and left back which makes absolute sense

If someone wanted to give us some hard cash to part with McCarthy, Besic, Klaassan and Mirallas then I'd be happy with Nzonzi and the Turkish fella in this window to get us through to the main body of recruitment in the summer.

December 26, 2017, 05:58:49 PM
Reply #440

Jay

If someone wanted to give us some hard cash to part with McCarthy, Besic, Klaassan and Mirallas then I'd be happy with Nzonzi and the Turkish fella in this window to get us through to the main body of recruitment in the summer.
Id want a left back as well. And probably would like to keep Klaassen for now

December 28, 2017, 12:08:35 AM
Reply #441

Macca77

VVD to the redshite done according to Paul Joyce

December 28, 2017, 12:13:06 AM
Reply #442

KoemansNumberTens

VVD to the redshite done according to Paul Joyce

75m apparently. Crazy times

December 28, 2017, 12:18:20 AM
Reply #443

American Evertonian

75m apparently. Crazy times

Sets the tone for the Jan window in terms of prices. Squad players likely will cost £15-20m at minimum.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 28, 2017, 12:22:29 AM
Reply #444

KoemansNumberTens

Sets the tone for the Jan window in terms of prices. Squad players likely will cost £15-20m at minimum.

We are as far away as ever from competing financially.
English football has gone a bit mad. All that's happened with the increased sky deal is that we've all bought the same standard of player but for a lot more money. You've got to question clubs scouting when you see deals like this and 45m for Sigurdsson. More money than sense

December 28, 2017, 01:16:24 AM
Reply #445

kramer0

We look incapable of building decent attacks without Rooney playing a deeper midfield role. If we're serious about improving, we should be looking for a good midfield passer. And when I say "good," I don't just mean "90% completion rate" (nice as that is). We need someone who pushes the team forward and can create chances more directly, not an accurate-but-safe type.

Seri would be great but we have no chance of getting him. I'm not sure how much he'd cost, and the asking price might be prohibitive since he plays in England, but I'd have a look at Tom Cairney from Fulham. He's consistently been one of the best creative midfield passers in the Championship, even playing for some awful Blackburn teams, and I think he'd shine given a chance at a higher level. I'll also mention Yassin Ayoub from Utrecht. He's shown creative potential and does more defensive work than Cairney, although he doesn't appear to be as consistent on the ball in general (only an about an 80% completion rate compared to around 90% for Cairney). Bonus points for playing for a club that would be easier to strong-arm in transfer negotiations.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:20:02 AM by kramer0 »

December 28, 2017, 02:10:06 AM
Reply #446

GrantyBoy78

We look incapable of building decent attacks without Rooney playing a deeper midfield role. If we're serious about improving, we should be looking for a good midfield passer. And when I say "good," I don't just mean "90% completion rate" (nice as that is). We need someone who pushes the team forward and can create chances more directly, not an accurate-but-safe type.

Seri would be great but we have no chance of getting him. I'm not sure how much he'd cost, and the asking price might be prohibitive since he plays in England, but I'd have a look at Tom Cairney from Fulham. He's consistently been one of the best creative midfield passers in the Championship, even playing for some awful Blackburn teams, and I think he'd shine given a chance at a higher level. I'll also mention Yassin Ayoub from Utrecht. He's shown creative potential and does more defensive work than Cairney, although he doesn't appear to be as consistent on the ball in general (only an about an 80% completion rate compared to around 90% for Cairney). Bonus points for playing for a club that would be easier to strong-arm in transfer negotiations.
Totally agree. We need someone to drive us forward. Davies tries and always looks for the forward pass but heís just canít be relied upon. Not being critical of the lad but the amount of 5 yard passes that go astray and break-down our attacks is infuriating. His time will come.

December 28, 2017, 02:14:45 AM
Reply #447

Lxxx

Hoping this silly money season carries through into January and we take advantage. We have more players to ship out than purchase so we should be able to trade our way to a decent squad for the second half of the season.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:15:47 AM by Lxxx »

December 28, 2017, 02:17:19 AM
Reply #448

GrantyBoy78

We are as far away as ever from competing financially.
English football has gone a bit mad. All that's happened with the increased sky deal is that we've all bought the same standard of player but for a lot more money. You've got to question clubs scouting when you see deals like this and 45m for Sigurdsson. More money than sense
There must still be plenty of teams out there that can be bullied financially, obviously in other leagues? It baffles me why teams would buy from other teams in the Prem. The premium is just too high and there is simply no value.

December 28, 2017, 03:04:15 AM
Reply #449

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There must still be plenty of teams out there that can be bullied financially, obviously in other leagues? It baffles me why teams would buy from other teams in the Prem. The premium is just too high and there is simply no value.

Probably because when teams do that and they don't succeed straight away they come under massive criticism. Everton with Sandro and Klaassen spring to mind but there are many more examples. Spending money on a Sigurddsson at silly money is a safe bet