November 18, 2018, 08:31:59 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 83610 times)

December 29, 2017, 05:21:36 PM
Reply #480

Macca77

I've been a bit behind on the transfer front. Are there concrete links or decent ITK for Tosun, Seri and N'Zonzi? Or is it just paper talk?

Tosun - Few twitter journo's and McNulty all confirmed we want him, said goodbye to his team mates and fans yesteday
N'Zonzi - Daily Mail reported it so pinch of salt
Seri - Nah

December 29, 2017, 05:25:28 PM
Reply #481

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Got told last night by a lad with agent contacts but obviously take this with a pinch of salt

Tosun done.
Nzonzi if at all Would be summer, the manager leaving changed a few things
We are in for Cresswell
Also asked for Shaw on loan with a buy clause

He said we wouldn't sign both the lb he just didn't know who was priority

Nothing ground breaking but that's what he said
Simply simply lovely

December 29, 2017, 05:31:25 PM
Reply #482

Macca77

Got told last night by a lad with agent contacts but obviously take this with a pinch of salt

Tosun done.
We are in for Cresswell

One of my old school mates is mates with Cresswell, keeps saying he is desperate to move back to Liverpool, was talking about it on Boxing day, he's a massive red

December 29, 2017, 05:44:18 PM
Reply #483

Robioto

Tosun - Few twitter journo's and McNulty all confirmed we want him, said goodbye to his team mates and fans yesteday
N'Zonzi - Daily Mail reported it so pinch of salt
Seri - Nah

Thanks.

December 29, 2017, 05:56:33 PM
Reply #484

Macca77

Thanks.

Not a problem, I'm here to help.

December 30, 2017, 03:36:17 AM
Reply #485

therealdunc

We are meant to be signing some kid from Peterborough , he will go into the U23 squad.

Explains why Barry fry was at the Swansea game
Blue

December 30, 2017, 02:05:17 PM
Reply #486

bluenuck

Tosun done.
We are in for Cresswell

I actually think this is bang on.

A striker, a LB, and maybe a winger or mid fielder.

That's all we really need this January. We're pretty much locked on to finish 7th-11th. Why blow wads of cash to try to finish 6th or guarantee 7th?

The summer is where we'll have to really invest, and balance the squad.

December 30, 2017, 05:35:10 PM
Reply #487

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we continue to pick up youngsters.

What happened to David brooks his year, think he’s been getting Goals? Or that striker who was someone’s son, how’s he been going?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2017, 05:40:01 PM
Reply #488

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we continue to pick up youngsters.

What happened to David brooks his year, think he’s been getting Goals? Or that striker who was someone’s son, how’s he been going?

That Hirst kid?

December 30, 2017, 05:43:01 PM
Reply #489

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2017, 06:54:09 PM
Reply #490

toffee_scot

One of my old school mates is mates with Cresswell, keeps saying he is desperate to move back to Liverpool, was talking about it on Boxing day, he's a massive red

I'm sure Moyes wouldn't hold him back for the benefit of his career.

January 02, 2018, 12:45:27 AM
Reply #491

kramer0

I know he's had some selection dilemmas with injuries and fixture congestion but hopefully Allardyce has figured out what our best system is by now. Every time we've played well, it's been in this 4-3-3 system we're seeing today.

GK: Pickford/Robles/Stekelenburg
RB: Coleman/Kenny
CB: Holgate/Keane
CB: Williams/Jagielka
LB: Baines/Martina
DM: Gana/Schneiderlin/McCarthy/Baningime
CM: Davies/?
CM: Rooney/?
RAM: Lennon/Vlasic/Lookman
CF: Calvert-Lewin/Niasse
LAM: Bolasie/Sigurdsson

I think the bolded areas are the ones we need to prioritize in January. Left back is an unquestionable area of need. A new CF is nice (and it looks like we're getting Tosun) but I don't think it's nearly as important as upgrading the midfield. When Rooney or Davies miss a match, we offer absolutely nothing on the ball through the middle. We need midfield reinforcements and we should be prioritizing players with creative passing ability or transition dribbling skills.

It's possible that Sigurdsson could help in the middle. I don't see it with his open play passing, and he's certainly not a dribbler, but I'm open to the idea. Maybe Barkley comes back and gives us another option. Who knows with his situation? The only thing I'm certain about is that our next midfield signing has to offer something significant going forward. We have plenty of solid defensive midfielders who can regularly nail straightforward passes and we generally play awful football when we use any of them together.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:13:57 AM by kramer0 »

January 02, 2018, 01:26:04 AM
Reply #492

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We’re woefully short at striker and on one of the wings.

Think we’ve got the worst striker choice in the league (especially for how Koeman / Allardyce want to play).

January 02, 2018, 01:29:56 AM
Reply #493

SANA_DR0

i dont think its the strikers,. its the fact we have no creativity in midfield, no one with guile or ability to dribble past players ( i think Vlasic can do that, but we need others/more of better quality)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 02, 2018, 01:32:12 AM
Reply #494

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
i dont think its the strikers,. its the fact we have no creativity in midfield, no one with guile or ability to dribble past players ( i think Vlasic can do that, but we need others/more of better quality)

They offer nothing consistently though.

DCL is young so I’ve no problem with him but he should be 3rd choice with minutes here and there.

Niasse tries very hard but isn’t anywhere near good enough.

They don’t offer consistent hold up play, there’s no consistent clever movements and there’s no consistent threat.