August 15, 2018, 09:41:26 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 76871 times)

January 02, 2018, 02:32:14 AM
Reply #510

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's just decent though. He's functional with the odd fantastic strike. We don't have any real control, don't have pace, don't have movement, don't have any dribblers apart from Bolasie. Sigurdsson would be good if everything else was great. When we are asking him to make the play though he's well short.

I genuinely can't believe the mess we made of the transfer window. Surely has to be the worst 1 in premier league history. Sides have signed shite players before but we didny even manage to get players for the right positions

Yeah that’s what I mean.

If you’ve got pace and goals in the other 2 (of the front three) then he’d provide a nice balance of style.

January 02, 2018, 02:33:37 AM
Reply #511

Mayor Farnum

He's just decent though. He's functional with the odd fantastic strike. We don't have any real control, don't have pace, don't have movement, don't have any dribblers apart from Bolasie. Sigurdsson would be good if everything else was great. When we are asking him to make the play though he's well short.

I genuinely can't believe the mess we made of the transfer window. Surely has to be the worst 1 in premier league history. Sides have signed shite players before but we didny even manage to get players for the right positions

Sigurdsson will be better when the opposition have more to worry about. With sustained pressure on the ball in the final third and the opposition stretched Sisurdsson's ability to find a pass will be a real weapon.

January 02, 2018, 02:34:50 AM
Reply #512

KoemansNumberTens

And not just anyone, 3-5 of those need to be either unbelievable value or £30m+

We are absolutely lightyears behind. What's liverpools front 4 worth now. What's Kane worth on his own.

wasted a season and 100 plus million on players we didn't need and/or aren't good enough.

all we've done with our new found wealth is pay shite players even more money. Honestly despair. Fuck knows how we managed to get it so wrong

January 02, 2018, 02:36:54 AM
Reply #513

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah that’s what I mean.

If you’ve got pace and goals in the other 2 (of the front three) then he’d provide a nice balance of style.

I agree. He's the last piece of a good attack. Absolute waste with what we have.

It's not his fault and I realise I'm being unfair to him but it's hard not to judge him in terms of the transfer fee and in terms of a playmaker which is what we were desperate for

January 02, 2018, 02:39:01 AM
Reply #514

Waltzer

We are absolutely lightyears behind. What's liverpools front 4 worth now. What's Kane worth on his own.

wasted a season and 100 plus million on players we didn't need and/or aren't good enough.

all we've done with our new found wealth is pay shite players even more money. Honestly despair. Fuck knows how we managed to get it so wrong
Struggling with new found wealth as we haven't spent anything more than the rest.  It's all an illusion that they have spun, we've done the same as usual, sell our best players then reinvest and until that stops, or we really do invest, we'll struggle to catch up.

January 02, 2018, 02:43:35 AM
Reply #515

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Aye, still fussing over £25-30m for a striker, and the teams we want to challenge have got £90m+ attackers across their front line and on the bench.

Don’t mean to toot my own fruit but I did say all this when we were looking at selling Lukaku and getting “3-4 players” for the 60-70m. Left behind again.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2018, 02:45:24 AM
Reply #516

KoemansNumberTens

Struggling with new found wealth as we haven't spent anything more than the rest.  It's all an illusion that they have spun, we've done the same as usual, sell our best players then reinvest and until that stops, or we really do invest, we'll struggle to catch up.

I know we haven't spent vast amounts I meant more the wage bill. Paying rooney and Sigurdsson 140k a week each. Paying Keane who lets be honest is shite 80ish. Morgan probably on more than 100.
We've just paid top whack for players who if we are being honest about had nowhere else to go. We've took all the players no one decent wanted and paid over the odds for the privilege

January 02, 2018, 02:46:29 AM
Reply #517

Mayor Farnum

Were buying in the most uneconomical part of the market. We can't afford proven quality and have no real pull for footballing reasons.
We have to buy from the tier of players who are inconsistent but their fees and wages are set on their rare good days. We get lucky once in a while but mostly we get three average years from a player, pay him a fortune and never recoup a transfer fee.
We need to sustain Premier League football to keep operating in such a way or ditch the policy sooner than Leeds did before things turned really nasty.

January 02, 2018, 02:47:20 AM
Reply #518

Waltzer

Aye, still fussing over £25-30m for a striker, and the teams we want to challenge have got £90m+ attackers across their front line and on the bench.

Don't mean to toot my own fruit but I did say all this when we were looking at selling Lukaku and getting "3-4 players” for the 60-70m. Left behind again.
It is possible though, Liverpool got Salah for 35, coutinho for 11, and Mane and Friminio all for within that bracket

January 02, 2018, 02:49:44 AM
Reply #519

bigl1cks

Two or three midfielders who can pass and take a ball under pressure would make so much of a difference in terms of getting the ball up the park and into dangerous areas.
anything but long ball!

January 02, 2018, 02:50:31 AM
Reply #520

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know we haven't spent vast amounts I meant more the wage bill. Paying rooney and Sigurdsson 140k a week each. Paying Keane who lets be honest is shite 80ish. Morgan probably on more than 100.
We've just paid top whack for players who if we are being honest about had nowhere else to go. We've took all the players no one decent wanted and paid over the odds for the privilege

Again, 80-120 isn’t top whack. It’s probably less than say Benteke is on, definitely less than bench warmers in the top 6.

We’re a generation behind still worrying about penny’s and pounds, even the supporters.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2018, 02:51:47 AM
Reply #521

KoemansNumberTens

Don’t mean to toot my own fruit but I did say all this when we were looking at selling Lukaku and getting “3-4 players” for the 60-70m. Left behind again.

Think we hoped we'd be clever with the money. Find a couple of 20-30m players who go on become worth much more than that. I guess like Liverpool have done with their forwards. Instead we went down the proven route with Sigurdsson. The problem is you pay a premium from premier league proven and anyone who's proven great doesn't want to play here.

It's actually painful watching us. It's not down to Allardyce either. What team has no quality at full back, wings and upfront?

Fucking 1 aging left back in the entire squad. Only remotely proven right back out for a year. Only proven attacking winger out for a year. No striker any top flight quality. We should have kept Valencia who web for next to nowt. It's like some fucking drunk made all our recruitment decisions

This season is a write off now. To be a functioning team. We need at least 4 in this window and it won't happen. Waste of a year

January 02, 2018, 02:54:41 AM
Reply #522

KoemansNumberTens

Again, 80-120 isn’t top whack. It’s probably less than say Benteke is on, definitely less than bench warmers in the top 6.

We’re a generation behind still worrying about penny’s and pounds, even the supporters.

It's top whack for us. It's more than they are worth. More than they'd get elsewhere and in every case we were their best option in footballing terms. We didn't drive any hard bargains. Not a single 1 of them looked cheap at the point of purchase

January 02, 2018, 02:54:46 AM
Reply #523

Mayor Farnum

Think we hoped we'd be clever with the money. Find a couple of 20-30m players who go on become worth much more than that. I guess like Liverpool have done with their forwards. Instead we went down the proven route with Sigurdsson. The problem is you pay a premium from premier league proven and anyone who's proven great doesn't want to play here.

It's actually painful watching us. It's not down to Allardyce either. What team has no quality at full back, wings and upfront?

Fucking 1 aging left back in the entire squad. Only remotely proven right back out for a year. Only proven attacking winger out for a year. No striker any top flight quality. We should have kept Valencia who web for next to nowt. It's like some fucking drunk made all our recruitment decisions

This season is a write off now. To be a functioning team. We need at least 4 in this window and it won't happen. Waste of a year

Our signings from abroad recently would suggest it's worth paying the Premier League premium.

January 02, 2018, 02:56:56 AM
Reply #524

KoemansNumberTens

Our signings from abroad recently would suggest it's worth paying the Premier League premium.

Fuck knows all our signings have been different levels of crap. Only Pickford worked and he was still quite expensive at the time.