November 14, 2018, 10:30:31 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 82931 times)

January 09, 2018, 07:59:58 PM
Reply #795

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Rakitic may be available. Worth a punt, but will undoubtedly want 'Champions League'.

Love him. Bet he goes to the neighbours. 🤨

January 09, 2018, 08:04:45 PM
Reply #796

dax78

Even if we don't bring in another striker, one of Sandro or Naisse will still leave.
We have Tosun, DCL, Sandr/Naisse, and Rooney if required.
Hans segers is a legend ;)

January 09, 2018, 09:26:08 PM
Reply #797

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Even if we don't bring in another striker, one of Sandro or Naisse will still leave.
We have Tosun, DCL, Sandr/Naisse, and Rooney if required.

If we imagine Tosun will be first choice for the rest of the season, it might not be the worst idea to loan out DCL to keep giving him game time.

Perhaps give Sandro more minutes as a sub to see if he can get up to speed with the PL.

January 09, 2018, 09:26:39 PM
Reply #798

Rodenplav64

Rakitic may be available. Worth a punt, but will undoubtedly want 'Champions League'.

Quality player . Surely no chance though .

January 09, 2018, 09:29:48 PM
Reply #799

Lxxx

One game a week from here on in. We don't need a squad of 30 players for that so I can see quite a few leaving this window, regardless of incomings.

January 09, 2018, 09:32:55 PM
Reply #800

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
If we imagine Tosun will be first choice for the rest of the season, it might not be the worst idea to loan out DCL to keep giving him game time.

Perhaps give Sandro more minutes as a sub to see if he can get up to speed with the PL.
I don't think he needs game time I think he needs to spend a bit less time on the pitch given the load he has carried in recent months and also without the responsibility of being the 'main striker'.
You can over-use young players and damage their development. For some it works but overall they need to be playing in a way that puts their development needs first.
I think he's learned fast but, like the other youngsters, you can see the inexperience as well and the last thing a youngster needs is a serious knock to his confidence which is a risk if their mistakes are seen to cost points.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 09, 2018, 09:35:34 PM
Reply #801

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he needs game time I think he needs to spend a bit less time on the pitch given the load he has carried in recent months and also without the responsibility of being the 'main striker'.
You can over-use young players and damage their development. For some it works but overall they need to be playing in a way that puts their development needs first.
I think he's learned fast but, like the other youngsters, you can see the inexperience as well and the last thing a youngster needs is a serious knock to his confidence which is a risk if their mistakes are seen to cost points.

That's fine, I'd just expect after playing so much he might find it a bit hard to adjust to getting 10-20 mins here or there for instance if we're also trying out Sandro for example, or giving more game time to Lookman or Vlasic on the wing so he'd not get a look in there either.

I think he is a 20 min sub kinda player right now though, we just put him in a position where we needed to rely on him a lot more.

January 09, 2018, 09:41:57 PM
Reply #802

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think the other thing we all forget is that it must be harder bringing on a young player in a way that suits him when there are so many other youngsters there as well. Less experience on the pitch around them.
Overall I think the younger/inexperienced ones have done really well and hopefully next season, certainly the one after, we shouldn't be needing to buy as many as this group matures.
There's so much potential there that even if only half progress to regular starters the future is looking bright.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 09, 2018, 09:44:02 PM
Reply #803

eugene

Celta Vigo sporting director has moaned to the local paper that Everton won't sell Sandro and don't want him to leave.

That could of course be a sporting director upset Everton aren't desperate to move him on and they can't get him on the cheap.
Well letís do what everyone has done to us and hold out for the top dollar

January 09, 2018, 09:55:58 PM
Reply #804

KoemansNumberTens

Well letís do what everyone has done to us and hold out for the top dollar

Plus they messed us around too. Dragged out signing the papers even though we met the clause. Fuck um.

January 09, 2018, 10:40:33 PM
Reply #805

Lxxx

Agreed. If DCL doesn't play another game this season he's more than exceeded his and our expectations for this stage of his development. If Niasse goes and he only gets a few minutes here and there then that'll still be a great season and he'll have given his body and mind the rest they probably need.

January 09, 2018, 11:33:41 PM
Reply #806

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 10, 2018, 02:41:04 AM
Reply #807

Juanito

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nico-gaitan/profil/spieler/75442

Linked in the star, so not great but would be a good signing. I think if we got someone like him and say, Shaw - we would have a good balanced side again.

Pickford
Coleman  Holgate Keane Shaw
            Gana Nzonzi
Bolasie   Sigurdsson  GaitŠn
                Tosun

January 10, 2018, 02:43:48 AM
Reply #808

blue slug

Thatís a good looking starting 11 Juanito

January 10, 2018, 02:47:11 AM
Reply #809

Juanito

Thatís a good looking starting 11 Juanito

Looks balanced doesnít it? Would like to replace Shaw with Phillip Max, he has the most assists in Europe at the moment but I think a lot of Champions league teams are linked.