May 26, 2018, 05:51:58 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 71953 times)

January 15, 2018, 10:19:45 AM
Reply #915

Ramjam

It's still puzzling me how we just always look like we have 1 less player than the opposition. Not sure what kind of player in what position could change that.

I couldnt agree more, Spurs give us the runaround all day with their quick pass and move, created angles for each other and as a result made us look quite sill, slow and as if we were a player short
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 15, 2018, 02:14:46 PM
Reply #916

Hawkandro

Sad that we basically need to improve at almost every position. Going to be a long couple of seasons at this rate seeing how only 1 out of 4 we buy is successful.

That, coupled with the fact that Allardyce has basically said we will look at one deal at a time, means the speed with which we get deals over the line we can look forward to one, maybe 2 more signings this window. Should be sorted by 2025 if we get a move on.

So dispirited with this club at the moment, it's staggering.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 15, 2018, 02:16:28 PM
Reply #917

Hawkandro

I couldn’t agree more, Spurs give us the runaround all day with their quick pass and move, created angles for each other and as a result made us look quite sill, slow and as if we were a player short

Spurs - much like ourselves - don't really have a lot of pace, but they manage to cover it with technical players that can create space and time. Us? We look like we have been hypnotised into thinking the ball is a fucking time-bomb every time we get it in our own half.

January 15, 2018, 02:53:05 PM
Reply #918

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I watch a hell of a lot of football, and I would say that this season, we are the worst footballing, clueless side in the league. Our squad is not the worst, but our play is. It is shocking how we have become this with the investment put into our club and the funds that have been available. More funds should be spent on our actual tactical coaching. We could buy an entire coaching staff, from any of the top 5 teams in the world, and it would still not cost as much as a Sigurdsson. Emphasis should be placed on this when Sam's contract runs out or someone makes a decision. Safety this season is still priority, let there be no mistake there. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but its a long, shitty tunnel I'm afraid.

January 15, 2018, 03:02:39 PM
Reply #919

Hawkandro

I watch a hell of a lot of football, and I would say that this season, we are the worst footballing, clueless side in the league.

Was thinking the very same thing watching us being given the runabout by Spurs.

We just offer absolutely nothing going forward, apart from giving it to Bolasie and telling him to run. That is it. Even teams like Palace and Brighton have technical players that can create chances out of very little. We have nothing whatsoever apart from a group of players who go missing at the first sign of hard work.

January 15, 2018, 03:35:26 PM
Reply #920

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
To think 10 years ago(...) we had Arteta, Pienaar, Osman, Fernandes and Gravesen!
And we still moaned
Arteta should be centre mid
Osman is shit
Pienaar is too light weight and has a shot like a girl
Graveson spends more time kissing his badge than playing
Fernandes is all tricks no action

Wow, id love them moans now!

Simply simply lovely

January 15, 2018, 03:59:21 PM
Reply #921

Lxxx

We need to stop appointing managers whose playing styles flip flop from one extreme to the other and aim for consistency of approach. From Moyes to Martinez to Koeman and now backwards from Koeman to a form of football most hoped had disappeared from the game. How can your recruitment be successful over such a period with differing demands from one season to the next and three different managers in the last five transfer windows.

January 15, 2018, 04:28:37 PM
Reply #922

KoemansNumberTens

Would any of our players get into an XI made up of players outside the top 6? There's our problem. We are very average everywhere

January 15, 2018, 04:44:23 PM
Reply #923

Ramjam

Would any of our players get into an XI made up of players outside the top 6? There's our problem. We are very average everywhere

Possibly Pickford other than that no not one of them
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 15, 2018, 04:48:37 PM
Reply #924

bogie

are the lads with the plane go to have to come out again to get this bunch of blind cunts to see we need a left back

January 15, 2018, 04:50:14 PM
Reply #925

sam of the south

Blimey, that's a scary question that I don't really wish to ponder!
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 15, 2018, 04:53:22 PM
Reply #926

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Sigurdsson would have done before he came here, Id say. In fact Keane probably would have done.

Pattern here... ;)

Coleman (assuming hes ok) would too.

January 15, 2018, 04:56:34 PM
Reply #927

Ramjam

Sigurdsson would have done before he came here, I'd say. In fact Keane probably would have done.

Pattern here... ;)

Coleman (assuming he's ok) would too.

So what your saying is those 3 wouldnt get in
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 15, 2018, 05:14:10 PM
Reply #928

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson would have done before he came here, Id say. In fact Keane probably would have done.

Pattern here... ;)

Coleman (assuming hes ok) would too.

Pickford

Coleman Tark Mee Bertrand

Gross Merino Ndidi

Mahrez   Vardy   Zaha

Think Sigurdsson makes the bench unless we have a ten, and even then id Rather have another LW come in and put Mahrez in 10

Little bit iffy about merino (any other deep DMs in the prem? Maybe Romeu?)  and a little bit iffy about the CB pairing tbh, but my manager choice would be Dyche so hed get a good defence out of them two.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 05:19:28 PM
Reply #929

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I only realised the other day that Sigurdsson was classed as Home Grown, so that kind of adds a bit more reasoning as to why we paid a huge amount for him. A British player scoring goals, creating goals and a set piece master would cost roughly the same.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"