August 16, 2018, 06:57:01 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 77008 times)

January 15, 2018, 07:16:07 PM
Reply #945

Cereal Killer

We signed a striker last week.

Well it's one more than we've had all season I suppose

What top teams bother with a selection of strikers these days anyway

January 15, 2018, 07:25:01 PM
Reply #946

sirblue57

This thread depresses me, to think we would.look back fondly at moyes team..ffs..we were skint...now we have money...ah well...im gonna get drunk tonight .
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 15, 2018, 07:28:46 PM
Reply #947

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Or deeper, even someone like Gibson (his type not him per se).

But we're lacking at both ends.
I'd give anything for Gibson when he first signed now. That's what it's come to
Simply simply lovely

January 15, 2018, 07:30:36 PM
Reply #948

Cereal Killer

It would certainly give a boost to the local ale houses in these depressing times

January 15, 2018, 07:35:16 PM
Reply #949

Dr. Sponge

Or deeper, even someone like Gibson (his type not him per se).

But we're lacking at both ends.

Or Barry. Was baffled when we sold him without signing anyone.

January 15, 2018, 08:45:10 PM
Reply #950

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Getting a bit pissed off now tbh.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 09:42:23 PM
Reply #951

Django

Letting Barry go was a bad mistake especially as we had the Europa League as well. Just pathetic.

Schniederlin and Gueye will always miss games after 2 bookings or booking accumulation and we never had anyone to fill in except Davies who isn't a DM and Besic who isn't a footballer. No one at the club seemed to think that maybe those two wouldn't perform to standard without any competition.

Baffles me how easy it is to see this yet millionaire managers don't.

January 15, 2018, 09:57:52 PM
Reply #952

Waltzer

Letting Barry go was a bad mistake especially as we had the Europa League as well. Just pathetic.

Schniederlin and Gueye will always miss games after 2 bookings or booking accumulation and we never had anyone to fill in except Davies who isn't a DM and Besic who isn't a footballer. No one at the club seemed to think that maybe those two wouldn't perform to standard without any competition.

I dont think Koeman wanted Barry to go, but he appreciated the point he was in his career and Barrys desire to play week in week out. Hindsight is a great thing but at the beginning of the season before anyone had kicked a ball I couldnt see where Barry would play, as it happens he'd have probably been nailed on for most given how poor we've been!!

January 15, 2018, 10:29:27 PM
Reply #953

Lxxx

It's weird watching this transfer window unfold. I used to really feel like a fan of a club I could relate to in some way, but now I feel like a spectator of a pretty shit film but I'm engrossed in seeing what happens next out of curiosity. I don't really cheer the goals as loud and I'm not that arsed when we concede either, bizarre feeling.

January 15, 2018, 10:36:59 PM
Reply #954

Dr. Sponge

It's weird watching this transfer window unfold. I used to really feel like a fan of a club I could relate to in some way, but now I feel like a spectator of a pretty shit film but I'm engrossed in seeing what happens next out of curiosity. I don't really cheer the goals as loud and I'm not that arsed when we concede either, bizarre feeling.

Maybe because we've just spent 20 years being the underdogs before having our expectations suddenly soar with the big influx of money, only to be let down the clowns in charge of our player transfers.

January 15, 2018, 10:37:48 PM
Reply #955

gizzblue

I think we have all become more pesamistic over time ....we expect goals against us as it's the norm ...we expect shit transfer Windows because we've had them all before ....and we now expect to sit back against the shitter prem sides(not that there are many) because its fucking Sam Allardyce.

January 15, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
Reply #956

KoemansNumberTens

I'm the same. There's very small select group of clubs taking all the prizes. It's got to the stage now where it's probably unlikely we'll ever see Everton win another league. Possibly never see them even mount a challenge for 1. It's not healthy. It's not competive and most have zero hope of really competing

On top of that we seem to go from 1 fuck up to the next. Regardless does it really matter if we finish 7th and best case get put out of the Europa league by a champions league side or finish 10th? We are just plodding along

January 15, 2018, 11:51:48 PM
Reply #957

bogie

I wonder if any of the scouts are obliged to ignore any creative midfielders that come across their path. It's like we're on a mission to be the only side in the league without someone who likes to put their foot on the ball and play incisive forward passes...and then maybe move to get a return ball. Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce so far haven't seen that we needed one. Which is exactly what we do need.

are you saying we need a number 10 if so you can fucking do one

January 15, 2018, 11:53:48 PM
Reply #958

bogie

letting him go was not but not getting a player in like him was

January 15, 2018, 11:58:09 PM
Reply #959

bogie

yeah that 1st year was great with him there and it got the best out of big bird
but he is a drunk