May 27, 2018, 12:58:44 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 72060 times)

January 16, 2018, 04:16:15 AM
Reply #975

Lxxx

One thing that would seem to me to be reasonably easy to improve is to make Gueye / McCarthy realise that they’re actually ok dribbling the ball forward.

They’re not going to become passers at this stage but they should learn / be taught that they can still help get the ball up the other end by carrying it into gaps that appear.

One of the forward players would need to make themselves available for a short pass when they get there but it’d at least be some attempt at makin what we have more effective.

Gueye does try to be fair to him. It’s not his game but he has a go when the opportunity arises. Neither McCarthy or Schneiderlin even bother looking up to see if there is a gap to stride into. Their first thought is to pass it on receiving it, instead of taking responsibility and realising that sometimes you have to do the work as well as the ball.

January 16, 2018, 04:43:19 AM
Reply #976

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One thing that would seem to me to be reasonably easy to improve is to make Gueye / McCarthy realise that they’re actually ok dribbling the ball forward.

They’re not going to become passers at this stage but they should learn / be taught that they can still help get the ball up the other end by carrying it into gaps that appear.

One of the forward players would need to make themselves available for a short pass when they get there but it’d at least be some attempt at makin what we have more effective.

Yeah not ideal but either could be come more competent ball carriers - or Tom Davies is able to - then we’d be able to get up the pitch that way.

I was looking at squawka comparisons between N’didi Gueye and Kante today when replying to @TheRam elsewhere and one thing that really stood out was how much better Kante was at take-ons than the other two. In that position it’s just going to be a drop of the shoulder and avoid a tackle and move up the pitch 5 yards. Gueye had the fewest.

Wouldn’t be against Holgate having an occasional foray into midfield if he can avoid the first challenge. Not convinced he’s a great long passer (not seen the stats tho) but he looks capable over short distances to me, and is quite good at evading onrushing attackers. Would push the whole side up wards.

Has to avoid that ball into kennys feet that is on all the time however and pass vertically into sig/rooney/Tosun’s feet. Looks like a dead end to me more often than not that full back area. No support and no options leading to a lump or a tackle.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 16, 2018, 10:39:24 AM
Reply #977

djws1788

if Klassen is on his way already, would love us to test Huddersfield’s resolve and have a go at Aaron Mooy

January 16, 2018, 01:43:23 PM
Reply #978

Ramjam

if Klassen is on his way already, would love us to test Huddersfield's resolve and have a go at Aaron Mooy

No way Mooy is playing well above his pay grade, not good enough for what we want or need
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 16, 2018, 02:06:26 PM
Reply #979

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wait is that Jermaine Defoe stuff real?

If it is Walsh and Allardyce can fuck off asap I’m not arsed. Rapidly turning into West Ham with this meatloaf head and his little mate.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 16, 2018, 02:10:05 PM
Reply #980

GrantyBoy78

Only happened 5 times over 3 years and 143 matches.

Koeman was worse for it. 3 times we took the lead and got beat under him in his short spell.
It might’ve been draws too then, and a few games bunched together, but it still broke me.

January 16, 2018, 02:12:31 PM
Reply #981

sirblue57

If it is Walsh and Allardyce can fuck off asap I’m not arsed. Rapidly turning into West Ham with this meatloaf head and his little mate.
I seriously hope.thats a fucking wind up...cant believe we that desperate.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 16, 2018, 02:19:52 PM
Reply #982

Jamokachi

Please, stop taking rumours as gospel.

January 16, 2018, 02:22:58 PM
Reply #983

GrantyBoy78

As per various journos, we’re willing (or actively looking) to sell Sandro and Klaassen this window. Sorry to open up those debates again.

Back to what we need - just watching the Spurs highlights again and Dembele really is a beast. Was a no.10 at Fulham and has that passing ability but is just a horrible bastard who never loses the ball. Considering they’re seen by some as a flair team, they don’t half have some units that use their physicality to get a foothold in games. That’s why I think N’zonzi would be great for us and make our midfield look so much better.

January 16, 2018, 02:29:38 PM
Reply #984

sirblue57

As per various journos, we’re willing (or actively looking) to sell Sandro and Klaassen this window. Sorry to open up those debates again.

Back to what we need - just watching the Spurs highlights again and Dembele really is a beast. Was a no.10 at Fulham and has that passing ability but is just a horrible bastard who never loses the ball. Considering they’re seen by some as a flair team, they don’t half have some units that use their physicality to get a foothold in games. That’s why I think N’zonzi would be great for us and make our midfield look so much better.

Mrs fucking brown would.make our midfield.look better at this time...
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 16, 2018, 02:44:42 PM
Reply #985

Makis

That's the thing with Spurs. They have a vision of how the team should look like and play they have been implementing for several years now. It's no surprise their team is full of physical players. Can anyone tell me what the vision for Everton is because I can't see any plan in the signings?

January 16, 2018, 02:49:02 PM
Reply #986

Hawkandro

Swansea looking at deals for Gaitan and Gamiero. Surely both would be worth a look if available, although I am guessing the sheer size of our squad coupled with the fact seemingly no one wants any of our players, is making this a really tough window.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 16, 2018, 03:09:13 PM
Reply #987

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Please, stop taking rumours as gospel.

Why would I question gospel

January 16, 2018, 08:32:39 PM
Reply #988

therealdunc

Leicester have told Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton that Chilwell their left back is going nowhere.

That’s if you consider BBC radio Leicester a good source
Blue

January 16, 2018, 08:34:53 PM
Reply #989

Django

Word gathering pace at FF that the next target is going to be Cresswell.