February 21, 2018, 05:57:07 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 62875 times)

January 19, 2018, 06:14:26 PM
Reply #1110

Cereal Killer

FACT

Allardyce didn’t say we are making no more signings, please read what he actually said

Now can all those people over reacting please breathe easy

Also, do people not realise 2 other FACTs

1. We have far too many players in the squad and we have a wage bill limit

2. When negotiating you never reveal your desperate for a certain player or position or you get fleeced.

Direct me to what he actually said then, even better, copy and paste it word for word please

And everyone knows what we need and how much money our owner likes to blow, so we get fleeced anyway

January 19, 2018, 06:35:48 PM
Reply #1111

Lxxx

FACT

Allardyce didn’t say we are making no more signings, please read what he actually said

2. When negotiating you never reveal your desperate for a certain player or position or you get fleeced.

Yeh it's not like our owner hasn't just told the world that under him money isn't an issue.

January 19, 2018, 06:52:56 PM
Reply #1112

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Reporter: More to come in this window
SA: Errr, no, I don't think so. i think that, erm, we would be more, in, in, in the terms of where we are at the moment moving players on. think that the squad is too big. Erm, there's a, there's thirty, thirty three players here at the moment and i think that, from my point of view, that means that, err, reducing that squad or those squad numbers is important for, for me and the football club and the players that may, that may leave. We don't know which, or who they are because you're waiting for other clubs to come and, erm, show an interest, er, but certainly i think, moving a few players on is, is the order for us

That's ad verbatim and i transcribed it myself.

January 19, 2018, 06:56:34 PM
Reply #1113

Lxxx

SA: Errr, no, I don't think so. i think that, erm, we would be more, in, in, in the terms of where we are at the moment moving players on. think that the squad is too big. Erm, there's a, there's thirty, thirty three players here at the moment and i think that, from my point of view, that means that, err, reducing that squad or those squad numbers is important for, for me and the football club and the players that may, that may leave. We don't know which, or who they are because you're waiting for other clubs to come and, erm, show an interest, er, but certainly i think, moving a few players on is, is the order for us

Translation: My mate Steve has massively fucked up building this overpaid, unbalanced squad so we now need to unpick it, if we can.

January 19, 2018, 08:08:47 PM
Reply #1114

stirlingblue

You forgot to say FACT so it doesn't count as truth

January 19, 2018, 08:30:03 PM
Reply #1115

gizzblue

FACT

Allardyce didn't say we are making no more signings, please read what he actually said

Everyone on the planet football knows we've got money .

And nobody is overreacting imho. .we are just used to being told the same bollocks year in year out .

No other players available
No money in the kitty
Not one of our targets available
Not able to get it done in time
We will go with what we've got ....all been over used by the fuckwits in charge .

And now our squad is too big ...ffs.

January 19, 2018, 09:27:30 PM
Reply #1116

bluenuck

If we don't bring in a left back my only hope would be that we didn't because we couldn't get the one(s) we wanted in this window, and we didn't want to sign a rental type left back that we didn't really want.

If this is the case though they should be looking to loan one. I believe stoke just did. There's loads of left backs out there. Lol

January 19, 2018, 11:05:54 PM
Reply #1117

GrantyBoy78

Sorry if I missed it being referenced in any other thread - but the most telling part of the presser was when SA was asked if Aaron Lennon was going and he said ‘you’ll have to ask Steve Walsh and Bill Kenwright’ inferring that those two deal with all the transfers.

January 19, 2018, 11:13:51 PM
Reply #1118

bogie

no point signing anyone is there they would be a Big Sam signing and that would not suit some in here

January 19, 2018, 11:56:25 PM
Reply #1119

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
no point signing anyone is there they would be a Big Sam signing and that would not suit some in here

What are you talking about?

I’m bang into Tosun like, and if we went and signed an exciting player I guarantee the forum would be bouncing.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2018, 11:59:15 PM
Reply #1120

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t think he’d come but would be bang into Jonathan Tah, low release clause, athletic and can play abit.

Would be the idea signing I think. We need youth, athleticism and ball playing ability to rejuvenate the back four next year
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2018, 01:36:03 AM
Reply #1121

ally2

Looks like we've learnt something from this summer at least

January 20, 2018, 01:38:43 AM
Reply #1122

bluestevie

Turn it in
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 20, 2018, 01:44:21 AM
Reply #1123

gizzblue

The forum was bouncing for Tosun an unknown really ....it would and will be the same for any signing that improves us imho....regardless of who is the manager the club is and always will the be bigger picture.

January 20, 2018, 01:51:17 AM
Reply #1124

MmmBlueRamirez

Just imagine how many “phenomenals” Martinez would have shoehorned into that semi coherent rambling.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama