February 19, 2018, 04:09:53 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 62494 times)

January 21, 2018, 02:10:56 PM
Reply #1170

ajax_andy

Sounds like Funes Mori will be stepping in to left back once he's fit, rather than buy an actual left back.

Not back till March is he, think that's back in training not first team contention, so doubt this is true tbh

January 21, 2018, 02:49:29 PM
Reply #1171

bluenuck

We need a Fukkin left back. It's insane that we don't have one yet. I can't even Fukkin fathom how the people in charge can actually watch this shit and not go and buy a left back. It's really depressing. It's like running a printing business and refusing to buy the yellow ink cartridge. Like what the fuck??

We also need a stud centre back. And a stud central mid-fielder who can link us with our forwards. Cause schneiderlin has lost his nuts and doesn't give a fuck. McCarthy is gone, gueye is a pure DM, and we can't rely on Davies because he's a kid.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:51:10 PM by bluenuck »

January 21, 2018, 02:56:02 PM
Reply #1172

Ramjam

We need a Fukkin left back. It's insane that we don't have one yet. I can't even Fukkin fathom how the people in charge can actually watch this shit and not go and buy a left back. It's really depressing. It's like running a printing business and refusing to buy the yellow ink cartridge. Like what the fuck??

We also need a stud centre back. And a stud central mid-fielder who can link us with our forwards. Cause schneiderlin has lost his nuts and doesn't give a fuck. McCarthy is gone, gueye is a pure DM, and we can't rely on Davies because he's a kid.

Fair assessment but I would like to see Benji getting some more game time, that boy impressed me during Unsies reign
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 21, 2018, 03:02:27 PM
Reply #1173

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fair assessment but I would like to see Benji getting some more game time, that boy impressed me during Unsies reign

I think he started off well but the pace of the game was starting to tell by his last few appearances where he was being by passed too easily.

Its a tough position for a young player as experience is key for knowing where to be and when.

Hopefully he keeps developing though as hed be ideal as a sitter in a 4-3-3.

January 21, 2018, 03:40:52 PM
Reply #1174

Toddacelli

There's talk of it. Signing Mata would make great sense for our squad as he's better than all twelve of our current number 10's so we could sell eight or nine of them and buy a few left backs.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 21, 2018, 03:51:23 PM
Reply #1175

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Wheres this Mata talk?

Like him as a player but his age profile would be poor given we already have Sigurdsson, Walcott and Rooney in that bracket.

Also been playing regularly, so despite Sanchez coming, hed only be one place down.

January 21, 2018, 04:07:46 PM
Reply #1176

Lxxx

I cant see Mata happening and if we are then this obsession with signing peripheral players is beyond a joke.

We need a strong spine to the side to build a formation around, not just signing players we hope might somehow create something due to a bit of individual skill, without it being a conscious way of attacking as a team.

January 21, 2018, 04:26:56 PM
Reply #1177

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
So is Baines done then?

I've never seen anything in Funes Mori to suggest he can play left back. He has a tenuous enough grasp on his natural position.

Think he meant if he was fit before Baines then he would stand in at LB until Baines is fit.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 21, 2018, 04:54:38 PM
Reply #1178

Lxxx

But Mori is looking at about Easter back isnt he?

January 21, 2018, 04:56:29 PM
Reply #1179

farnhamtoffee

Just give Garbutt a chance,our season is over,see how it goes till then.

January 21, 2018, 05:00:09 PM
Reply #1180

KoemansNumberTens

Just give Garbutt a chance,our season is over,see how it goes till then.

Isn't garbutt just almost certainly shit. No one wants to give him a chance. Not Martinez, not
Koeman and not allardyce.
He's probably crap

January 21, 2018, 05:11:12 PM
Reply #1181

gizzblue

Isn't garbutt just almost certainly shit. No one wants to give him a chance. Not Martinez, not
Koeman and not allardyce.
He's probably crap
But has an actual left foot ...100% upgrade on Coco.

January 21, 2018, 05:12:38 PM
Reply #1182

KoemansNumberTens

But has an actual left foot ...100% upgrade on Coco.

All we really know is that 2 managers disagree. Think he must be well short to not get and chance under these circumstances

January 21, 2018, 05:16:14 PM
Reply #1183

Lxxx

I think we probably thought well wait till the summer for a left back and let the season just peter out. A few more games without a win though, entirely possible, and Sam will be worrying about his survival bonus. Then it will get grim to watch, guaranteed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:17:17 PM by Lxxx »

January 21, 2018, 05:22:36 PM
Reply #1184

Macca77

Garbutt took a few good corners once

That's about it