July 17, 2018, 03:08:52 PM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 7095 times)

December 03, 2017, 04:44:32 AM
Read 7095 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
DCL
Just wanted to register my gratitude to whoever signed Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

He is not there yet deffo, and he doesnt have enough like raw threat currently, but hes had to step up this year and do a job that I actually dont even think will his main role in the future, and hes done so manfully.

Whoever the opposition, whatever the occasion or competition, hes approached pretty much every game as a competitor and has even been able to showcase a bit of guile and ability amongst the rock em shock em elbows and arses job Koeman, Unsworth and now Sam have asked him to do.

I think hes a good player and wed have been far worse off without him
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 05:08:31 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I was quite unimpressed at the beginning but hes shown an awful lot I think. Believes in himself an all I reckon.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 07:50:52 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think it’s down to lack of chances really.

Now our form has picked up a bit it will be interesting to see if he gets a few more chances per game than previously. Of course, if he doesn’t then that is part of it as well - top strikers give themselves more chances to finish through movement etc. Would love an in depth look at his movement compared to top strikers of his style.

December 03, 2017, 08:36:21 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think hes what we need at this moment in time. Thats the crux of the issue for me.

Hes a developing player, and with that come some ups and downs as youd expect. Hes not ready to be leading the line with regularity though. These last two games were his best of the season in addition to the Man City game. Outside of those his form has not been what we need, albeit I appreciate some of the work he has put in.

If our stated ambitions are still true, we need better at this moment in time.

Absolutely true I think we can all agree on that, but its not his fault we failed in the summer and we should be able to be appreciative of the good job hes done for such a young man whos made a big step up.

December 04, 2017, 03:46:29 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dont agree with this.

Lukaku is / was miles ahead of him in this respect. It was frustrating that he didnt do it more; or that when it was bad it was far too easy.

But yet to see DCL even try something like this.

Yeah its been more Marcus bent / Andy Johnson style chase the ball into channels and try and get a foot on it and face the defender or turn it inside.

December 11, 2017, 06:21:28 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who can criticise this lad after the season hes giving us here can never talk about evertonians getting behind someone who gives it 100%

Been asked to roll boulders up hills by three different long ball merchants and has done a fucking great job.

Cant wait til were on the way up a bit and we can see what he can really do.

December 11, 2017, 04:55:44 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Deserves YPOTY I reckon but think kenny will get it.