October 17, 2018, 10:03:06 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 7886 times)

December 10, 2017, 01:27:32 PM
Read 7886 times

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
It is crazy. You would think after how much worse we have played without him people would have realized how good of player we had on our hands.
From an early West Wing episode, its not a case of 'post hoc ergo proptor hoc'.  Just because its happened after doesnt mean its happened because of it.  We've not been rubbish just because we've not had Lukaku.  Itz not like we'd have played him at CB or LB.
My momma says I'm special.

December 10, 2017, 06:03:30 PM
Reply #1

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Nah. It is its own form of fallacious reasoning to scream "correlation is not causation" when the evidence of causation is starring you in the face. Lukaku's absence and our failure to replace him is the biggest factor by far (though, obviously, there are others).

We've not struggled scoring goals.  Lukaku wouldn't have scored the 28 more goals than whichever striker has played in his place so far this season to negate the absolute bag of shit we've been in defence.

You can't look at a single game and think 'Lukaku would have scored that' and it would have reversed the result.  And thats all he would have brought because he wouldnt have been a better target man, he wouldnt have held the ball up and he wouldnt have worked his arse off like Niasse and DCL have done. 

But you can look at games where options instead of our CBs or LBs could have changed the result for the better.
My momma says I'm special.