October 23, 2018, 04:13:23 PM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 7998 times)

December 03, 2017, 05:07:45 PM
Read 7998 times

KoemansNumberTens

Not his biggest fan. Works hard, harasses etc. The problem i have is that he just doesn't do enough past that in 90 minutes. He has some very clever moments of hold up play and flicks but there's just not enough of them. He's got the highlights for 30-45 minutes each game rather than the 90 and so far his finishing has been below par too

There's definitely scope for him to improve but I'd like to see him have a year with a top quality championship side. Scoring goals and winning every week hopefully

December 10, 2017, 06:08:14 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Nah. It is its own form of fallacious reasoning to scream "correlation is not causation" when the evidence of causation is starring you in the face. Lukaku's absence and our failure to replace him is the biggest factor by far (though, obviously, there are others).

Of course but there is a massive hole in our team because we didn't replace him. Think it's more about how inept that decision was than how good lukaku is

December 11, 2017, 12:55:33 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Anyone who can criticise this lad after the season he’s giving us here can never talk about evertonians getting behind someone who gives it 100%

Been asked to roll boulders up hills by three different long ball merchants and has done a fucking great job.

Can’t wait til we’re on the way up a bit and we can see what he can really do.

He tries hard but doesn't williams or Martina too. I'm not having some should be above criticism and others aren't

December 11, 2017, 03:15:39 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

There’s a difference here as to why one should be cut more slack than the other two. I think you know this but you set out your stall very early with some players and seem to think that your life depends on sticking to your guns.

People have questioned is DCL is good enough. People have stated they hate Williams. Called Allardyce names and accused both (infact most) of not caring

Surely we are allowed to question players abilities. The shite others have taken has been shocking. DCL hasn't had any of that

December 11, 2017, 03:52:33 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

No context allowed then, ok. Life is just that simple.

What's the context. DCL has had perfectly good treatment from our fans. Others haven't. That's all I'm saying.

By all means explain the context where it's okay to say you hate Williams and accuse him of not trying but not okay for a vast minority to say that maybe they don't think DCL is good enough. He's been 1 of very few who's escaped unfair and personal criticism. Don't know why people are suggesting otherwise

December 11, 2017, 04:03:35 PM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Mate you said he was championship standard

I don't really rate him. I could be wrong. It's a damn sight nicer than saying I hate him, calling him fathead or accusing him of not caring. He's 1 of very few who's not been accused of not caring. Personally I think it's harsh to accuse any of them of that

December 11, 2017, 04:04:29 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

A kid who has just started out his development journey = leeway being given for rough edges
Old pro who has very little/if anything left to learn = open to accusation he won't be good enough to play in our upcoming games

That's the context

Are you saying people just said williams wasn't good enough? Sure I'd seen much worse.

December 11, 2017, 04:13:05 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

So are you saying DCL should be getting unfair abuse because Williams does?

No don't be daft. I'm saying people shouldn't be making out that DCL hasn't had a fair deal off all our fans. He's 1 of a few who has

December 11, 2017, 06:24:15 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

Two seasoned (alleged)profesionals v a kid in his first prem year ...he deserves well more leeway imho.

Not sure. If williams is finished it's probably no more his fault than if DCL isn't ready.

Doesn't much matter now. They are all much improved