December 19, 2018, 09:00:38 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 33254 times)

December 04, 2017, 06:43:08 PM
Read 33254 times

duncandisorderly

It's built up too much within the confines of the club, there's too much pressure because of the perceived importance of it. Those across the park treat it much more like any other game and don't let emotion get in the way. This is our downfall. But how the hell do you go about changing that culture?
Hopefully this is where the managers plan of bringing in sports psychology might help us. I'm looking forward to seeing if or how this helps us, some of our players are seen to be weak when the going gets tough, hopefully we see more a resilient squad in general.

December 04, 2017, 07:17:36 PM
Reply #1

duncandisorderly

I wouldn't expect an immediate psychological change in our attitude just yet....he's only been in a week...

it takes weeks/months of constant mental change manipulation to fully deep root a thought change process...

Absolutely, it's a process but the positive thing is that it's being started now. One thing i read about Allardyce a while ago is that he's always looking for the extra 1 or 2 percent improvement that can make a difference.

I thought we had touched on this type of thing in the past, maybe with Martinez but I'm not 100 percent sure. As I said it will be interesting to see in the coming months whether it has any effect or not. I know other sportsman swear by it, particularly in sports like golf etc, more individual I know, but it might help our players on an individual basis which in turn could help the team. Probably too early for this derby, but in the future, who knows.

December 10, 2017, 09:46:01 PM
Reply #2

duncandisorderly

Still in it here

December 10, 2017, 09:49:26 PM
Reply #3

duncandisorderly