October 19, 2019, 11:55:47 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 41768 times)

December 07, 2017, 03:20:03 AM
Read 41768 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
5-0 after 50 mins.

I think we'll do better.

You're thinking 6 or 7?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:23:13 AM by blueToffee »

December 07, 2017, 03:26:45 AM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's probably one of those games where if we concede 1, it's pretty much all over.

December 10, 2017, 08:58:26 PM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

December 10, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Shame, getting to the break even would’ve been something to build on.

We have no attacking threat so this game seems already done. Maybe we can shuffle things around though, Rooney and Sigurdsson aren’t in the game.

December 10, 2017, 09:02:10 PM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

December 10, 2017, 09:51:37 PM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Get in!

Phil Neville needs to shut up about the penalty. Trying to get another of our players a ban.

If Aaron Ramsey didn't get a ban for his versus Burnley then DCL shouldn't get anything there.

December 10, 2017, 09:55:02 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck off Neville.

Ridiculous his comments, the only "ex-player" we have in the media and he throws us under the bus every time.

Has he seen some of the penalties that have been given this season?

December 10, 2017, 09:56:22 PM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I like how nobody blames the defender in situations like that.

He's going away from goal. Don't fucking push him. Easy.

That was the entire argument over the Ramsey goal vs. Burnley. If DCL gets retroactive punishment the FA can only be described as biased.

December 10, 2017, 10:07:49 PM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
And breath...

December 10, 2017, 10:16:00 PM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Think Mane being a greedy twat just before half time saved us 2-0 down game over.

That was really the only time we look a bit ragged at the back. The difference you have to say from earlier in the season, even weeks ago is night and day.

December 10, 2017, 10:17:57 PM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Got to feel for Martina -not the best and ripped before he even kicked a ball .Then once he had ,ripped again , so in the Everton way ,given he has only one foot we play him left back !! almost makes me cry -but fair enough he ploughs  on and played a big part today

I do have a certain amount of sympathy for Martina, it's a pretty big ask for him to switch to LB. I don't think he deserves to be the punching bag all the time, although clearly we do need a LB in.

December 10, 2017, 10:20:09 PM
Reply #11

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Tactically, it was the most negative I have ever seen Everton set up for a very long time.

BUT, we won a point from a moment of quality from Rooney, and a good bit of forward play from DCL.

Delighted with the result, happy with the defensive performance, but we were absolutely woeful in attack. Even with big Sam's tactics (which i thought were spot on), Niasse and DCL needed to hold the ball up much better than they did, and we needed to press a little more in the first half.

It's not all about being negative against a team with pace setup up like Liverpool to play long ball to get around the pressing, it's a smart tactic, but we'd need better distribution (not just hoofing) and probably a stronger presence up top.

December 10, 2017, 10:21:21 PM
Reply #12

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Along with the much aligned Ashley Williams

This type of game is his forte.